Just starting again!

Options
I’m rebooting my fitness goals today! I’m 54 at 236 lb and goal 150 pounds. I want to feel better look better and enjoy life better
I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired
The plan
Work out every day at least 30 minutes rotate weight day and cardio days
Gallon water every day
Track calories daily
Tagged:

Replies

• Mischante
    Mischante Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comment. Tracking your calories and maintaining a caloric deficit is the most important thing for weight-loss. I would also make it a goal to increase your daily step count. For instance I make sure that I get a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. Walking is really good for weight-loss and less stressful for your body. Finally increase your water intake. Drink a full glass of water first thing in the morning and with every meal. Good luck! You got this!
  • winterskykim
    winterskykim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also recommitting to weightloss. We can encourage each other if u like. Follow me as I will u. I'm 60. 294 today. Yikes! I'm also certain tired and aches, it keeps me from wanting to do too much. I'm going to increase my steps but also add stretching and dancing for 10 min a day.
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 878 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Crossing my fingers there's room for one more. I'm 76, weigh 172.4 this morning.
    Committing to losing weight and regaining some of lost fitness.
    Have experience a slow decline in fitness level over the past year.
    Also some muscle loss in my core and arms.

Focus is:
    -to lose 5 pounds at a time
    by: keeping a food journal and aiming to stay on plan; WW max of 23 pts/day
    **need to minimize breads, margarine, and esp cheese!
    by: 8+ glasses of water/day
    by: having veggies prepped and know my meal plan and stick to it.

For fitness:
    - resume strength training; start slowly to avoid any injuries, 3 & 5lb wts.
    - focus on regaining strength in feet so 100 heel raises/day
    - rebuild quads so 50 squats/day
    - daily deliberate cardio, min of 15 min/day but aiming for 30+/day

Nov 17th D 1: 3 movements of 12 reps x2 @ 5#

• Lynn__W
    Options
    Fri 17th
    Food Jrnl y
    <24 pts 21
    8+ water y
    50 squats y
    100 heel raises y
    Cardio 45 walk
    Wts: 5# 2x 12 triceps
    5# 2x 12 chest press
    5# 2x 12 flys

• merith101
    merith101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting again too. I lost weight before my 40th and in the past decade have gradually gained weight and I'm heavier than ever. I'm 50 next year and determined to do it, for my health and my self esteem.

I joined a gym, I walk with my border collie, I swim, stopped drinking, and now I'm focusing on careful eating.
  • Lynn__W
    edited November 2023
    Options
    redeemedjs wrote: »
    I’m rebooting my fitness goals today! I’m 54 at 236 lb and goal 150 pounds. I want to feel better look better and enjoy life better
    I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired
    The plan
    Work out every day at least 30 minutes rotate weight day and cardio days
    Gallon water every day
    Track calories daily

How are you doing?
    merith101 wrote: »
    I'm restarting again too. I lost weight before my 40th and in the past decade have gradually gained weight and I'm heavier than ever. I'm 50 next year and determined to do it, for my health and my self esteem.

I joined a gym, I walk with my border collie, I swim, stopped drinking, and now I'm focusing on careful eating.

Good plan to deal with the backslide now; sure gets harder every year we're older.
    Hi. I'm also recommitting to weightloss. We can encourage each other if u like. Follow me as I will u. I'm 60. 294 today. Yikes! I'm also certain tired and aches, it keeps me from wanting to do too much. I'm going to increase my steps but also add stretching and dancing for 10 min a day.

I like your idea of encouraging each other. Could we do it here? then it'd be open to others joining us.
  • Lynn__W
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Weight is down a bit this morning. Had a business related road trip yesterday however was able to stop at the pool where we used to live. Swam laps 20 minutes, then did deep water exercises for another 20. Felt awesome to be back in the water.

Now need to make very wise food choices so I can hold my 2 lb loss.