What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laughingdakini1
    laughingdakini1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yesterday elliptical underdesk 44.34 miles (106:00, 1070 cals) and arm bike 5:57 (25 cals, 175 revolutions). Our poor little cat did finally pass so may have chance to get back to better schedule.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    I had been on "inactive" status at my gym since April. I call it "active" status - active enough I don't have time to get to the gym. I started early this year since I spent the entire month of April below the rim of Grand Canyon on a private raft trip with seven other people rowing four big rafts. Then it was on to hiking, disc golf, canoeing, kayaking, and mushroom hunting. Now with darker days, it's time to get back after it.

I'm easing into it of course. So easy that my first visit was just to check on my locker and sit in the sauna. Yeah. I know. I went back, and I was stoked to see that there was almost nobody in the pool, so I swam 1000 yards. It felt good, and I could have swam another 1000 pretty easily, but I really do want to ease back in so I don't overdo it. Sooner or later I'll get back to strength work - I think I need it.
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Weekly horse ride today, 50 minutes with about 10 minutes of trotting, the rest in walk.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Push/pull combo workout today for the 2nd of each for the week. Lowered volume to get in quality sets of my main 4 exercises.

2x10 Pendlay Rows
    2x12 DB Bench
    2x8 Weighted Pull-ups
    2x12 DB shoulder press
    2x superset of Cable Curls and seated machine skullcrushers
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Repeat of 35 minutes stationary bike with 3 minutes cool down, 24' Z3, 8.5' Z4, remainder below. This took me up to 213 Garmin intensity minutes for the week, no longer worst week of the past year (more than 3 other weeks this year, tied with two others).

Also sent out an email ending my regular on-water rowing group for the season. Going to have to accept the rowing machine into rotation again soon. :|
  • RunningGirlKC
    RunningGirlKC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Back/Biceps
    - One Arm Dumbbell Row
    - Underhand Pulldown (Bar)
    - Barbell Deadlift
    - Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
    - Preacher Curl

Cardio - 30 minutes-ish
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It took about two years but I finally lost all the needed weight. Right now, I want to maintain 133 pounds and gain muscle. I'm taking it slow so I won't overwhelm my muscles and stop working out. I have a history of giving up. But I keep trying. This is what I did today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAapLQCASOE
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Full body workout at the gym, started incorporating copenhagens which are killing my core but in a good way. Also upped weights as of last week and it's tough! Seem to have tweaked something in my knee so might rest legs for a few days.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Leg day:

Squats
    1x5 at last week’s working set weight for 8.
    2x8 with 20 more lbs. So 2 “working sets” but that set to 5 was pretty tough. Going hard on my calorie deficit, so something had to give on volume or intensity.

3x12 Leg curls

3x12 Leg extensions
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    • Barbell Bench Press
    • Incline Dumbbell Flyes
    • Side Lateral Raise
    • Shoulder Press (Machine)
    • Bench Dips
    • Lying Tricep Press
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, one hour, intervals - 819 calories

Ahh, my last cardio day during a cut phase. Next week begins my bulk phase, so will have lots more energy to burn. (Wait, this bulk phase coincides with Thanksgiving, Christmas and such? How amazing a coincidence!)
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    30 minute cardio
  • RunningGirlKC
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Elliptical, one hour, intervals - 819 calories

Ahh, my last cardio day during a cut phase. Next week begins my bulk phase, so will have lots more energy to burn. (Wait, this bulk phase coincides with Thanksgiving, Christmas and such? How amazing a coincidence!)

Well now look at that - that's perfectly executed timing if I've ever seen it!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Omfrankie3
    Omfrankie3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Glute focused leg day 🍑
    Kas glute bridges, hip thrusts, RDL’s, b-stance RDL & step ups.
    + daily walking 💕