What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Sometimes it’s good to leave old relationships in the past because they cast you in a role you’re no longer comfortable playing. They scorn what you like and what’s important to you and who you are now. And they don’t mean to hurt you and they don’t know they’re doing it but they squash your energy and that’s why you moved far away to begin with

I had a friend from HS that I recently let go. She changed and talking to her became an emotional burden. I miss who she was but sometimes you need to move on. That's life.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,969 Member
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »
    Sometimes it’s good to leave old relationships in the past because they cast you in a role you’re no longer comfortable playing. They scorn what you like and what’s important to you and who you are now. And they don’t mean to hurt you and they don’t know they’re doing it but they squash your energy and that’s why you moved far away to begin with

I had a friend from HS that I recently let go. She changed and talking to her became an emotional burden. I miss who she was but sometimes you need to move on. That's life.

Yes. & in my case I think I might be the one who changed. Or evolved. Or unmasked. Or something.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »

Yes. & in my case I think I might be the one who changed. Or evolved. Or unmasked. Or something.

I think we should evolve. I often think we have friends for certain periods because we need that for that time then we do evolve...mature...whatever you want to call it. I went out with some highschool friends and realized they were kind of stuck back in highschool days. I grew out of that when I turned 19 😂. Hopefully you can leave the past there and keep evolving
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Idk I just think he’s sexy
    8hhiz84pgh3s.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The boy is having friends over for a boardgame day cause they have a day off school....luckily this made me clean out the basement Friday. There was lots of expired drinks in there and so many empty chicken nugget boxes in the room where the fridge is. I clearly need to clean the basement more often
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m impatient to be where I want to be & have what I want to have etc.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Adventures with IBS: I took a risk and tried a new brand of ginger snaps, because the grocery store didn’t have the brand I’ve bought in the past. The risk did not work out in my favor 😞 Hopefully the bloating and nausea don’t last too long.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    hkw7d3r6sgvr.jpeg
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,847 Member
    Options
    Idk I just think he’s sexy
    8hhiz84pgh3s.jpeg

🥵
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MFP protip: never FR your MFP spouse. It makes it awkward for your MFP side piece
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,079 Member
    Options
    MFP protip: never FR your MFP spouse. It makes it awkward for your MFP side piece

Good to know
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,819 Member
    Options
    A friend responded to a post I made on my page and I was a little offended when I first read it.
    Problem is, I’m not sure if I should be offended.
    I don’t know them except on MFP, maybe I took it wrong.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Just thinking.....i pretty much have nothing in common with anyone here, i really dont have much to add to most threads, if i actually spole my mind it would not be taken as very beneficial......but regardless of all this, i still stop in here on a regular basis to read the half a dozen or so threads that pop up pretty frequently......go figure.....
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Just thinking.....i pretty much have nothing in common with anyone here, i really dont have much to add to most threads, if i actually spole my mind it would not be taken as very beneficial......but regardless of all this, i still stop in here on a regular basis to read the half a dozen or so threads that pop up pretty frequently......go figure.....

I actually agree but I don’t really like mfp anymore. Too many adults who act like teens in high school creating drama and spreading bs gossip. I keep to myself mostly .
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I always enjoy your smart, logical and thought out comments. ☺️❤️
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A friend responded to a post I made on my page and I was a little offended when I first read it.

Screenshot so I can pass judgement.

gukt2onpfb2b.gif

• honey_honey_12
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

Screenshot so I can pass judgement.

gukt2onpfb2b.gif

ib8b3d1cbfno.gif

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Tried a new move yesterday. I knew when I hit a rut I got a bit hurt. Oops apx8vnplkgqn.jpg
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    That I’ve been around this place for 12 years on and off. Lately I’ve been feeling like this place is a bad habit that I want to break. That feeling comes and goes.