If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    77tso1tdjc2t.jpg
    qmcz79q02h41.jpg
    nashl250w9jl.jpg
    5jgmbxts7fpp.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    t6u2h46lv859.png
    056ifaqsq6tk.png
    f4wzmhtmwe8t.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    It isn't even Tuesday, but....

l4gb88fx16av.jpg

wzg13ju98ebl.jpg

wgjifa3weiwa.jpg

ezntyxq9lrt8.jpg

d0rc6ffowi2r.jpg

03l9846zx4bp.jpg

• VegjoyP
    Options
    8kro7ab9cg5z.jpg
    c2m38js6e3tv.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I spent about 24 hours at a hot springs "resort" in the Cascade Mountains. I hadn't been in years. They survived a fire a few years ago. Most of the buildings burned down, but the historic lodge and a few survived. They have been rebuilding ever since. It was difficult to see what is no longer there, but the place is still magic.

Their meals are all vegetarian, and almost 100% organic. They always have vegan and gluten-free options. They do not serve any caffeinated beverages, although guests are welcome to bring their own. The food is always very good, and I knew I would overeat. I actually had a dream while I was there that I was there.... and I told the person I was with that I was looking forward to their miso soup at breakfast. And it was good!

Point is, much of that food has a lot of calories. And it's really delicious. And I knew I would eat more than my calorie budget. And if it did not have calories, I would love to have eaten even more than I did. Oh my. So good. First meal was enchelada casserole - there was a vegan g/f option, Spanish rice, really good black beans, a salad bar to beat the band (super fresh carrots and shredded golden beets for example), and some awesome salsa. Breakfast was herbed tempeh that was fantastic, an interesting French toast casserole, oatmeal with so many good toppings (hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, chia, etc), and of course that miso soup. Lunch before departure was barbecue tofu (I usually don't bother with tofu, but this was really good), cornbread, barbecue beans, another over-the-top salad bar, and "pumpkin bliss balls."

Yep. It had calories. I ate it!

• VegjoyP
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I spent about 24 hours at a hot springs "resort" in the Cascade Mountains. I hadn't been in years. They survived a fire a few years ago. Most of the buildings burned down, but the historic lodge and a few survived. They have been rebuilding ever since. It was difficult to see what is no longer there, but the place is still magic.

Their meals are all vegetarian, and almost 100% organic. They always have vegan and gluten-free options. They do not serve any caffeinated beverages, although guests are welcome to bring their own. The food is always very good, and I knew I would overeat. I actually had a dream while I was there that I was there.... and I told the person I was with that I was looking forward to their miso soup at breakfast. And it was good!

Point is, much of that food has a lot of calories. And it's really delicious. And I knew I would eat more than my calorie budget. And if it did not have calories, I would love to have eaten even more than I did. Oh my. So good. First meal was enchelada casserole - there was a vegan g/f option, Spanish rice, really good black beans, a salad bar to beat the band (super fresh carrots and shredded golden beets for example), and some awesome salsa. Breakfast was herbed tempeh that was fantastic, an interesting French toast casserole, oatmeal with so many good toppings (hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, chia, etc), and of course that miso soup. Lunch before departure was barbecue tofu (I usually don't bother with tofu, but this was really good), cornbread, barbecue beans, another over-the-top salad bar, and "pumpkin bliss balls."

Yep. It had calories. I ate it!

I love this!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Fried Green Tomatoes anyone?

How about some Fried Okra?

Send it!

8rq78f7bmvoy.jpg

Okra also makes a good garnish for a Bloody!

5zk25silrffa.jpg

I bet some tots would go good with that Bloody. Tots were invented in Oregon.

pr5jmd1xso3i.jpg

• pancakerunner
    Options
    oo9ug5om5lhd.png
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    b0ukohj6orcn.jpg
    dh621faceehw.jpg
    j850i7v93hje.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    qqbdq2588exa.png
    1fmpqnshze1o.png
  • mtaratoot
    Options

Please pass the soup!

hi2tc81wf69y.jpg

u1fcxyeoycdj.jpg

asd3t2i5zm06.jpg

6h93d3uc3szj.jpg

tsr2qzl3dyhs.jpg

jvnb4i4tdo1h.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    neca9l3yq3ca.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    3p1ze4njegu0.jpg

e24qci12aulf.jpg
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd order the wings I was looking at on DoorDash earlier. With cheese fries and ranch dressing. Yum. And probably a maple bar donut.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Tuesday again. And you know what that means. I am craving.....

axdddh2o04so.jpg

3ttpl45gfn6k.jpg

dglbj03a928s.jpg

1omg4e2m3s28.jpg

ulgmlxh2c7t7.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    8c1ohtp39bgc.png
    882c3z4qyy7k.png
  • pancakerunner