What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Green olives in everything (salad, chicken salad, pasta, put on chicken before baking, on turkey sandwiches, etc)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Green olives in everything (salad, chicken salad, pasta, put on chicken before baking, on turkey sandwiches, etc)

Mom always put green olive slices in tuna, along with mayo. We were “trained” that olives were a luxury food, so we gobbled it up, even though none of us were tuna fans.

I can’t eat tuna now without olive slices. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m enjoying diced black olives and halloumi slices on a bed of lettuce and mint leaves with tons of tomato, topped with lemon juice. Today is my last batch of olives, mint and halloumi. 😢 it’s sooooooo good.
  • maniacmcgee27
    maniacmcgee27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clean simple eats protein. Htea0 coffee called the Marfa.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Home made vegetable soups! I have been making them for about 2 weeks. I mainly use cabbage, carrots and broccoli plus string beans, zucchini, maybe tomato and today added broccoli instead of string beans and zucchini. So good 🙂
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    berg bites bars are sooooo good, the white chocolate and dark chocolate raspberry are amazing. yb7q8jp90hij.png
    3npvt6zej23w.png

I Google them and it looks that they have 300 calories each. Ouch, that is a lot; almost like my lunch meal. Maybe I Google the wrong one.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    berg bites bars are sooooo good, the white chocolate and dark chocolate raspberry are amazing. yb7q8jp90hij.png
    3npvt6zej23w.png

I Google them and it looks that they have 300 calories each. Ouch, that is a lot; almost like my lunch meal. Maybe I Google the wrong one.

Check out Nugo. Most are 200. They do have a “slim” version at 180, but it’s worth the extra 20 calories.

Most average 12 gr protein per bar. Very tasty, and if you sign up for emails they shower you with discount days. Sprouts carries them if you want to sample. I like coconut, my husband likes mint.

Their chocolate peanut butter is literally to die for but is 260 and only about 8 protein. I keep a few on hand for a treat when calories are unusually low. I’d MUCH rather have them than Reese’s. NSV right there!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    @springlering62
    Thank you for the information. I could probably have and enjoy 1/2 a bar as a desert when my lunch or dinner calories are in the lower side.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    After 142 pages of comments, I suppose I am not the first one to admit to being obsessed with Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Salad kits. 180 calories per cup would usually be too high for my everyday salad, but this one is worth it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    3npvt6zej23w.png

The bars are high calorie but the berg bites are smaller forms of the bars (in bite form) and only 190 ish calories.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    cki2n07c0has.png

This is amazing.
  • springlering62
    Options
    bd6ekcconc4d.jpeg

I’ve sung the praises of halloumi, but now joining the angelic choir on high of marinated halloumi.

This is just marinated in a little olive oil and herbs de Provence, browned til golden in a skillet, and is beyond anything you can imagine.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Options
    Just plain old pb fit. Not fancy. I made pb fit cloud bread tonight. Already had 2 slices. Love pb fit meringues. Would make some now, but too lazy to go to the store for egg whites.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Just plain old pb fit. Not fancy. I made pb fit cloud bread tonight. Already had 2 slices. Love pb fit meringues. Would make some now, but too lazy to go to the store for egg whites.

What an intriguing idea! Oil deflates meringues but I’ve got the Naked PBP and it’s completely dehydrated.

I’m picking up some granulated sucralose today to experiment with in meringues and cookies.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Naked powdered pb and sugar free maple, also Wasa light rye crackers and Delba Sunflower bread with Naked pb powder and Good Good preserves
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Mini perfect bars. Just yum
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Ribeye

My male tastebuds are tingling.

You should've seen the beauts I smoked up yesterday, @Carlos_421.

What?? lol
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Starkist canned tuna with Helman's vegan dressing. I have it multiple times per day. Yes, I do periodically get tested for mercury; however, Starkist's mercury content is so low that you could have 10 servings per day, and the mercury level would equal only one recommended maximum serving per day, according to what is recommended by the FDA.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Kimchi lately...seem to be having it with everything!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. Why? They're always an easy go-to, but craving?
    Potato soup, baked potato, and sweet potato cottage cheese pudding.