What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Boiled Peanuts 🥜 I really don't eat them but had one as a sample. Now I want to get some in a healthier oil!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough protein bar heated for 15-20 secs in the microwave. Tastes like a warm chocolate chip cookie. Delish!

does quest pay people to say this?

Honestly when I used to eat Quest bars I would eat the birthday cake ones heated in the microwave like this. I thought it was delicious. I mean, it COULD be Quest marketing, but it also is (was) actually good lol
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough protein bar heated for 15-20 secs in the microwave. Tastes like a warm chocolate chip cookie. Delish!

does quest pay people to say this?

Honestly when I used to eat Quest bars I would eat the birthday cake ones heated in the microwave like this. I thought it was delicious. I mean, it COULD be Quest marketing, but it also is (was) actually good lol

haha no doubt, it IS a good way to eat them. I like mine in the air fryer.

but the whole language/wording of posts like this have me skeptical lol... especially when people say the EXACT same thing on twitter.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Boiled Peanuts 🥜 I really don't eat them but had one as a sample. Now I want to get some in a healthier oil!

Boiled peanuts are just peanuts, still in the shells, boiled in salted water for several hours.

Dang, now I’m craving some.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Hot boiled peanuts are the best!!
    Right now obsessed with Jim Lahey’s no knead bread. So delicious and easy
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    d1r6tjeef7ee.jpeg

Thiiissss. It’s actually not TOO horrible on calories, but still not a good obsession to have lol. Mixed with about an equal part of medium salsa and heated served with Frito scoops makes a most dangerous cheat snack/meal :D
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited April 2021
    d1r6tjeef7ee.jpeg

Thiiissss. It’s actually not TOO horrible on calories, but still not a good obsession to have lol. Mixed with about an equal part of medium salsa and heated served with Frito scoops makes a most dangerous cheat snack/meal :D

There's a Herrs version that I am LOW key obsessed with. I dip crunchy things like Gardettos & Party Mix into it...at least 10-15 pounds of my weight gain is directly tied to canned cheese
  • pancakerunner
    greek yogurt based dips of any kind really...
  • springlering62
    !!!!!!!!!

a7b4xyyog0jn.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    2 whole Thai bird chilies, thinly sliced
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    1 tsp fresh ginger, minced into a paste
    1 tbsp lemongrass, thinly sliced and chopped
    1/2 whole lime, juiced
    4 tbsp fish sauce
    1 tsp sugar

this dip ^^
  • pancakerunner
    8ogyfvtcnykl.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^this sauce sounds so good! Looked up ingredients....yummmo
  • PAPYRUS3
    @springlering62 - right back at you😉 I almost bought the one you posted today....I changed my mind due to the 'lavender' - How would you describe the flavor?

yx8jjj6b69i4.png
  • springlering62
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @springlering62 - right back at you😉 I almost bought the one you posted today....I changed my mind due to the 'lavender' - How would you describe the flavor?

Like springtime!

Very fresh and invigorating.

But to be fair, I love lavender. Herbs de Provence is my go-to seasoning, I have three different lavender colognes on my dresser, and lavender sachets in all my drawers.

I haven’t had a bad Jordan’s flavor yet, although I was happy to see the end of the “Peppermint Bark” bottle. I’m having the peanut butter cup in my coffee right now. It’s very good.

I ordered a mixed dozen, so I’ve got that raspberry tucked away to try next.
  • PAPYRUS3
    @springlering62 - Thanks. I've tried/have lots of different Jordan syrups too. Some are my favorites (Salted Espresso Chocolate and Hazelnut - great in coffee) and the Raspberry one is super 'fruity'. I'm sure you'll like it.
  • springlering62
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @springlering62 - Thanks. I've tried/have lots of different Jordan syrups too. Some are my favorites (Salted Espresso Chocolate and Hazelnut - great in coffee) and the Raspberry one is super 'fruity'. I'm sure you'll like it.

Well then the lavender is super “flowery”, but in a very very good way. And I found that 7gr in a large water glass was plenty.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    THE Secret sauce

kqrrhi9hscni.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    3n6q28ttekgc.jpeg