What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    I don't have an air fryer, but I agree that those chips look good and tasty.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Crispy gluten free air fryer chicken nuggets. I prefer the gluten free ones because they are extra crispy on the outside. 😋xh8bh2yqyg65.jpeg

Dunked in mild anchor bar buffalo sauce.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Crispy gluten free air fryer chicken nuggets. I prefer the gluten free ones because they are extra crispy on the outside. 😋xh8bh2yqyg65.jpeg

what brand is this?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

what brand is this?

6usubq6pcixo.png
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Sesamee Ginger- dressings, sauce. Had some on vacation this week. I've had before but it has become a thing 😋
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Dill pickle rye bread! I went out to lunch last week at a local place while traveling for work and they have DILL PICKLE RYE BREAD. It is just soooo good. Rye is one of my favorite types of bread along with pumpernickel and I eat pickles on all my sandwiches. It is just sooo good and unique. Even better than plain rye bread. I bought a loaf to take home with me but ate it already lol.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Kid meat. Leaner and milder than lamb. It's only in the last few years that farmers stopped slaughtering the billy's at birth because they were seen as waste product of the cheese industry.
    faqvsfnqji7e.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with some butter or margarine and zero calorie nacho cheese seasoning. Tastes just like that white cheddar Smart Pop (which, sadly, isn’t smart, at least not in the quantities I formerly ate.)

Hubs and I were both going “Nom nom nom this is sooo good,” while eating it this afternoon.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with this low cal spread and especially love adding it to eggs for a rich-tasting omelet with little extra zing. In a food processor finely chop 6 jalapeño peppers, 2 garlic cloves, chives or onions or from the freezer, caramelized onions. Then add one whole package of Neufchâtel cheese (35c per 14 grams) and Everything Bagel seasoning to taste. Also soooo good in veggie wraps!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Dill pickle rye bread! I went out to lunch last week at a local place while traveling for work and they have DILL PICKLE RYE BREAD. It is just soooo good. Rye is one of my favorite types of bread along with pumpernickel and I eat pickles on all my sandwiches. It is just sooo good and unique. Even better than plain rye bread. I bought a loaf to take home with me but ate it already lol.

that sounds so good!!!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I saw on Youtube where Emmymadeinjapan tried a "ramen hack" from TikTok involving mayonnaise and minced garlic. I've been thinking about it ever since, and today I finally had space in my calorie budget to try it. Y'all, if you like garlic and you eat eggs, please try this. It came out to about 650cal, so not the lightest lunch I've ever had, but it's rich enough that you could split it with someone else and still feel like you ate something. Splitting it into two portions and maybe adding a couple ounces of cooked chicken or pork would make a very nice modest dinner for two, I think.

Ingredients:
    • Sapporo miso flavored ramen (according to TikTok - I used "original" flavor and it still tasted great, will try again with the "correct" flavor)
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 tbsp or so of mayonnaise (specifically kewpie/Japanese mayo per TikTok - kewpie mayo is made with only egg yolks so it is much higher in fat than standard Western mayo. I didn't have kewpie mayo so I used Hellmann's, and again it still tasted great - I have no idea where I could even get kewpie mayo here if I wanted to)
    • As much minced garlic as your heart tells you is right - I used approx. 17g, probably about 2-3 cloves if I had minced it fresh, I just ain't got that kind of time
    • Chopped scallions

Directions:
    1. Cook noodles per package directions. Do not drain.
    2. In a bowl, mix together the seasoning packet(s), egg, mayo, and garlic. It will make an unappetizing-looking paste. Trust the process.
    3. Slowly pour the water from the cooking pan into the bowl, stirring constantly so as to emulsify the paste into a creamy sauce and prevent the egg from scrambling.
    4. Carefully dump the noodles into the bowl and top with a handful of scallions.
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Smokey chipotle mayo
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    cilantro
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Kaleslaw
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    also: malted whipped cream

od3poaaxa8ce.png
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ithaca lemon beet hummus! It’s ridiculous. So yummy.gw4ik4x7cn9n.png
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    blueliss26 wrote: »
    Ithaca lemon beet hummus! It’s ridiculous. So yummy.gw4ik4x7cn9n.png

Agree, but it's kind of expensive. Wegmans makes a similar version for like half the price.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Bisquick pancakes. Substitute Silk 25cal cashew milk for the milk, and add a little lemon extract. Swipe with a bit of lemon curd in lieu of syrup. Is like eating wonderful lemon cupcakes for breakfast, and very reasonable calories. (Unless you ate half the batch, like I did this morning! But hey, they still fit with some tweaking, and no regrets!)