Hello

Options
Hey . I am ready to get back in shape. I am going be a little vulnerable and say that it’s important for me to look better . I want to fit into my clothes again . My new years I want to be at least 10 pounds down . That’s my goal

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi @brittanydjohnson92 That’s both vulnerable and very, very honest. 😘

Welcome to MFP!

Let us know if you need any help or advice! The board members are super helpful!

If you’ve got 100 to lose, then ten pounds by New Years is very realistic and achievable, but you’ll need to buckle down on logging, and while not required to lose weight, exercise will certainly help you get there.

I started by just walking when I began my 97 pound loss.

My main advice would be, don’t go crazy and cut calories to the bone. I started at 1470 and soon increased, then increased again several times more. People who have it in their heads that they have to start at 1200 and lose fast, well, they soon crash and burn and we don’t see them again til next New Years when they rinse, repeat.

Be as slow as you need, but most of all, be mindful and learn new habits that will continue into maintenance.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    I’d also like to add, if I can do this, you can do this. I’m no unicorn, and everyone who reads this is just as special as I am. Which isn’t much. It’s an equal mix of wonder and drudgery as you go through this process.
  • TheFlexFitness18
    Options
    Hey @brittanydjohnson92 Thank you so much for sharing! Your goal and vulnerability is super inspiring!
  • Naz518
    Naz518 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for the post. I am also in the same boat..