To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• linbee83
    Options
    I'm going to start this tomorrow but I'm still trying to decide if it's okay to count biked miles or not or if I should somehow reduce them since it's faster and easier than walking.

I count ALL miles, running, walking & biking. It's entirely up to you. Besides...they had ponies!

Me own self...finally left the Shire, and am on the path into the Old Forest.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this tomorrow but I'm still trying to decide if it's okay to count biked miles or not or if I should somehow reduce them since it's faster and easier than walking.

I count ALL miles, running, walking & biking. It's entirely up to you. Besides...they had ponies!

I wish I had a pony! I've walked the whole way so far, mostly because I have no idea where to bike around here. (I just moved outside the city limits and there are no sidewalks or even shoulders on the roads for a newbie like me.)

I took the right fork away from Stock and am on a path winding through ancient oaks. There's a Black Rider lurking around here somewhere...
  • linbee83
    Options

I wish I had a pony! I've walked the whole way so far, mostly because I have no idea where to bike around here. (I just moved outside the city limits and there are no sidewalks or even shoulders on the roads for a newbie like me.)

I took the right fork away from Stock and am on a path winding through ancient oaks. There's a Black Rider lurking around here somewhere...

Lol, a pony would be a nice change of pace. Though I think my feet would drag on the ground! I actually wish I could go biking out doors, but it is way too hot right now. Alas, I spend most of my journey indoors at the gym.

BTW - VelvetKey...like the ticker & the use of Imladris!
  • VelvetKey
    Options
    BTW - VelvetKey...like the ticker & the use of Imladris!

Haha, thanks! I happen to be the momma of 2 brave yet mischievous rabbits named MacGyver and Phoenix. If people like Beatrix Potter and Brian Jacques hadn't beaten me to it, I could have done a book series about them. :)

All the LOTR stuff is totally my realm--I used to write fanfiction...and read it a good bit too! My goal for Halloween is to fit back into my Eowyn dress. I wore it to a Return of the King showing at our local IMAX when it came out. Not quite there yet, though..must walk harder and faster to Rivendell to keep the pounds coming off!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

You've got a point. Maybe I'll pretend it's a pony! :) If I was walking it would probably take me forever to finish, since the most I can expect to walk at one time is 3 miles.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Do they have low carb Elvish bread?
    *like!*
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing great!! I am at 186 miles now, 54 miles away from reaching the top of Weathertop.
    Keep it up guys!!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm at 60.69 miles now :bigsmile:

Did 2.67 miles on Wednesday night on the bike, then 3.17 miles the next morning walking. Not sure if I'm doing any miles today because I have a 5k tomorrow.

I'm just about to the end of the "Edges of the fields worked by Farmer Maggot"
  • darrynflame
    Options
    I know, this is no race. I do about a mile or so a day, and am finding that walking about makes me happy.

Road ahead runs fairly straight and level. Behind them it curves slightly. BLACK RIDER. Sam and Pippin hide in a hollow. Frodo behind tree by road (ca.5 p.m.).
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    This week I walked the equivalent of 19 miles.

Total miles so far: 121.45
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Added 3.1 miles yesterday. I'm just about 64 miles in.

"Farmer Maggot's lant meets the Causeway to Bucleberry Ferry. Ride in wagon."
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    204.5 miles! I have seen Flashes on top of weathertop (it was Gandalf!) and am continuing to towards it!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I found another map of middle earth... only thing it doesn't have mileage.
    I wish they had mileage markers or something to make it easier to see where you are
    in your journey to Mordor.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=4355
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    66.74 miles :smile:

Farmer Maggot's lane meets the Causeway to Buckleberry Ferry. Ride in wagon.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This is awesome.
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Seriously...if anyone can make a bar...
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Ok, so I saw this thread is older and there are indeed tickers. I've never made or added one to my sig. How do I get one for the first part of the trip?
  • VelvetKey
    Options
    Ok, so I saw this thread is older and there are indeed tickers. I've never made or added one to my sig. How do I get one for the first part of the trip?

There are a couple of sites that provide code for free tickers. Personally, I like www.lilyslim.com; it is easier and more reliable for me to update my ticker there. When you sign up, you will title your ticker and put in the total distance, etc. for whatever leg of the road you are undertaking.

Welcome!

Right now I am in the company of elves traveling towards Woody End. Maybe I'll make it there tomorrow!
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    - MADE IT TO BREE!! Having a victory pint. :drinker:
    Next Stop: Weathertop and the Ruins of the Watchtower of Amon Sul

Only one downside - I killed my favorite sneakers doing it... :cry:
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    One does not simply walk into Mordor!

*Like!*

I like this too! I'm so going to do it. Although I might bike and walk it and see how long it takes me!