πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***DECEMBER 2023 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    December 1:210
    December 8:206 I’m confused by this but I’m not hopping on the scale for a recheck. 🌲
    December 15: 209 I think I may have eaten an extra cookie or two recently β˜ƒοΈ I feel just as confused by this as last week seriously. Eyes on my goal.

Do you only weigh yourself once a week? If so, you can expect some significant fluctuations that may or may not just be anomalies. Weight loss is not linear. What I do is weigh every day and try not to pay too attention to that number. I put the number in a spreadsheet and then look at a trend. I calculate a 7-day average once a week, and I keep a running 10-day moving average. I also run a weighted moving average that also looks back ten days. This is a good approach because it gives a higher importance to today's weight than to your weight several days ago with the least impact from the number ten days ago. I get plenty of fluctuations, and the averaging smooths them out.

As an example from my own real data over the last couple weeks, if I look at my weight over a certain four-day period, I would have thought I gained 5.2 pounds. If I had looked at a four-day period that started the previous day, I would have thought I lost weight. If I look at the seven-day period that ends today, I would think I had actually lost 9.2 pounds. I doubt it. If I look at my weighted moving average over the last seven days, I can confirm I'm losing, but only 2.1 pounds. This is an unusual weight loss because I'm sick, but it's a good example.

For a deeper explanation of how it works, check out The Hackers Diet - especially the pages on Signal & Noise.

There are online tools that do all the math for you.