What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    We ate at a trendy beer garden where everybody else was 20-something. The waitress had to teach me how to eat oysters Thai style. Mix a few shucked oysters with chopped red onion, sliced raw garlic and chillis. Slather on a hot sauce (choice of hot&sweet or hot&sour) and some deep fried shallots. Nibble on some bitter herb to clean the palate between oysters. They are not afraid of strong flavours here. A dozen oysters were $4.50. We had a whole seabass afterwards dressed with skin on diced lime and skin off red onion, lemongrass, deep fried kaffir lime leaf, raw chilli, peanuts, dried shrimp and fish sauce.
    htx5pqll93qh.jpeg
    0vs5jcv7yvtt.jpeg
    jvmb4qgm5mwe.jpeg

That fish looks awesome!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Greek-Korean Pork Tenderloin with Saute'd Power Green and Rice Pilaf

Haha I love it! Interesting combo and it sounds tasty.
  • takinitalloff
    edited December 2023
    Options
    A hamburger patty and Air Fryer Cabbage -- I don't actually own an air fryer so I used the oven, which was ok but I will go back to cutting my cabbage into wedges in the future. It makes for more even portions and easier eating, plus I think the cabbage cooks more evenly that way. With this "cabbage steak" cut, the outer slices came out great but the center slice was a bit tough to cut and chew, and didn't get much browning obviously. The flavor wasn't super impressive either, I've made much better cabbage. It wasn't terrible, just nothing to write home about as far as I'm concerned.
    if6uxlo119ed.jpg
    Aforementioned center slice shown below -- these were the leftovers on the second day, I added a side of mashed red potatoes including potato skin & chives). That's tahini sauce in the bowl which I had forgotten to include in my leftover haddock and cauliflower salad portion, so I ended up eating it with the cabbage instead.
    ksklz7fkel60.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Senate Bean Soup made with Yellow Eye Beans. I used a mash-up of the two recipes on the Senate website, plus the Slow-Cooker U.S. Senate Navy Bean Soup version by America's Test Kitchen. YUMMY. Great comfort food. I might use less ham next time.
    g9f1rdm0jonv.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Here's a dish that started out with a recipe for Roast Fish with Cannellini Beans and Green Olives. (Made here with cod and Marcella beans.) This is a staple at my house but I leave out the green olives and Fresno chilies, and I add some mixed greens instead. I was apprehensive the first time I made this because I didn't expect fish to go well with beans, but I love it.
    abxfv9wiu2r5.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Snack: Swiss Cheese, almonds & persimmon, and a piece of Melissa Clark's Gingerbread Blondies (minus the chocolate drizzle).
    yaa5xn9x2mop.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff
    I’ve been pairing pan fried fish with beans ever since being first served it in a restaurant. Optional good additions are warming up tinned beans or cooking dried beans in shellfish bisque or dashi. Adding something fresh tangy and green like gremolata, salsa verde or herb oil is also great.
    s1taa4araj53.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I was seriously craving veg at dinner having only eaten pork noodle soup all day. It’s the easy thing to order in a restaurant or food stall with no English translation or photos on the menu. Every place does a different version and it is dependably tasty and cheap. At dinner I ordered stir fried cabbage and green bean salad garnished with roast pork belly without the qualifier “only a little bit spicy”. I had to eat around the chilli in the salad. Hubby ordered the omelette with minced pork which is never spicy.
    gsaggmb6kckt.jpeg
    mmr6j3q2aawa.jpeg
    x4x8h30hje3i.jpeg

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 913 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Breakfast: 🍳

🌞 Made my morning green drink: rainbow chard, mixed greens, beets, blueberries, collagen, protein..

🍽️ eggs on a bed of sautéed broccoli slaw and shaved carrots
    🍹 turmeric and ginger shots on the side.

wkys3a1mel1b.jpeg

Shake:

djkkfzr1zojw.jpeg

Total: 473 cals.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Last meal in Isaan was ordered with qualifier “not spicy”. Those slices of raw garlic accompanying the shrimp salad are a typical Isaan thing, where flavours are seriously strong. We head south to the beach tomorrow. qmc32tik97nf.jpeg
    99n4g1rpzg71.jpeg
    kfwqlwffpnxc.jpeg
    jzescx6x5dmv.jpeg
    0ju6kau3cr2h.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Today was a travel day with two flights, changing airports in Bangkok (over an hour and a half in a taxi). Tomorrow, weather permitting, we still need to take a ferry for over 2 hours to our final island destination. I tried ordering an Isaan staple of chicken larb in a Koh Samui restaurant and found it bland. Hubby’s red curry was too sweet for me. Must rethink how to eat in the south of Thailand.
    I’ve also included airplane food of our Bangkok/Koh Samui leg on Bangkok Airways in economy, and this morning’s hotel breakfast of rice with Thai omelette.
    dsmwheuao1h2.jpeg
    09ua68lbg1z9.jpeg
    hej6ke5s0ybi.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    6ij7ad1oyggn.jpeg
    Still zero appetite but had to use up some things anyway.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Travelled to Koh Tao and threw up 4 times in the ferry because water was very choppy today. Dinner at a tourist trap selling very fresh BBQ fish on the beach.
    6ziv3nbailk3.jpeg
    luptf4igkjpe.jpeg