• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 2 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 3 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 4 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill

8.00/85.00 mile goal

I didn't post yesterday because of time constraints and trying to get to bed "early." I had gone to bed early for me on Tuesday night, but could NOT go to sleep and only got about 3 hours sleep total, even with sleeping in later than I had intended. I did get up in time to do a 2 mile walk before taking mom to a couple of appointments she had and running some errands, and later going to church.

Last night, I went to bed about 11, an hour later than I had hoped, and got up at 4:30 so I could be at work at 6:30 this morning. According to Garmin, I got about 4.5 hours sleep. That would have been fine, had I slept good the night before, but by the time I got home from work, I was beat. So, I just walked one mile to keep my streak going. I have my fingers crossed that I sleep longer/better tonight. I have the same work schedule tomorrow....6:30-3:30.
    @quilteryoyo I hope you’re asleep right now and getting some 💤s. Great job still getting a mile in today.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 125 miles

1/1: 3.26 miles
    1/2: 6.02 miles
    1/3: 6.26 miles
    1/4: 6.10 miles

21.64/125 miles

I ran 6 miles this morning. Strava said there was light snow. There was no snow. But there was dense fog. I could barely see to the end of the block. It was pretty cold, at 38°F, but not as cold as it was on Tuesday, and not cold enough for snow. I was really glad I had the lamp to go with my noxgear vest. It was really kind of creepy running in the dark, foggy morning. And I probably would have stayed home if I hadn't had a good light.

exercise.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @yirara - Can you post a link to the Dutch study? I would be interested in reading it and @polskagirl01 might be interested too?

Here the part on long covid: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-44432-3
    The rest, what seems to promote long covid was only said in an interview on tv. The research there is still on-going. I do wonder whether there are actual crossovers with chronic fatique syndrome and similar considering that exercising also makes it worse. Also, future treatment, should it be found might also be interested for people with inborn mitochondrial impairment (that might be me).
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    @shanaber hoping for good news... And you're done! 🤞🏽🙏🏽🤞🏽🙏🏽🤞🏽🙏🏽
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of miles @SummerSkier . From last year, it looks like you could do it. I'm with you on trying to figure out how to work on distance and speed.

@elizury You did great. I have family that lives near Chicago. They used to live in DeKalb, but after my Uncle passed, they are in Elburn. Anywhere near you?

Hahaha Thanks @daria0919 .

Nice running @kgirlhart. I can imagine the headlamp was a little creepy in the fog too.

Thanks @shanaber . I am so glad to see that you are feeling so much better this week and fingers crossed that you are done with the treatments and can get on with recovery.

Great running @tarun_yadavA ! I hope you do enjoy your weekend.

Great run @martaindale . Congrats on the PRs and I do think chatting with a friend makes it easier than listening to your own thoughts and breathing.

@kbrown1527 I hope you were able to get a run in before the snow hit - even though my best run ever, that I recall, was in the snow. (Years ago.)

You are doing great @yirara . You'll get back to the 3K soon.

Thanks @Laurz9191 . You did a lot better than I on little sleep. I would have chosen the mud too.

Nice run @emptydog . I'm a bit behind for the month too. Good thing is that the month isn't that far along, so catching up is possible.....if you want to.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 2 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 3 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 4 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 5 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill

10.00/85.00 mile goal

I did sleep a little better last night, but still only 5.5 hours. I did feel better today, but once I got home, I was just really tired, so chose to do a 3.8 mph walk on the treadmill again. I hope to get in a run tomorrow. I'll be able to sleep in and run later in the morning....hopefully.