Weddings and Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• His_Kelly
    Options
    Hey now.. where did you all go? Introduce challenges and scare you off?

Ha ha ha... No. I just have been so busy with non-wedding related shool things :smile:

I drank around 72 oz of water yesterday. So far today I am at 16.
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    yay! you're still with me! yesterday I had 96 oz of water.. its easy for me to drink water at work.. but harder when I am in meetings and weekends in general.. great job so far Kel! oh and I just wanted to update you all.. I lost my first pound!! I am so excited.. It was real tough the first few days, but I think now that I have SEEN a loss, it is more motivating than ever.. My goal is to lose one more by next Tuesday.. :wink:
  • coreysmommy2005
    Options
    I'm the Matron of Honor in my best friends wedding on May 31st of this year!!! I'm so excited!!! I need to lose 28 pounds between now and then! I've been dieting now for about 10 days, and have lost 4 pounds! (probably all water weight!) I'm looking forward to staying motivated with all of you girls!!!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    welcome coreysmommy2005! :flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    I ended the day with 96 oz of water! I think I can hear sloshing when I walk....:laugh:

Congrats on your fist pound, Jess! Way to start out!

Have a wonderful evening, everyone!
  • sierrasummer
    Options
    Great Idea Guys! I love it, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Great job with water intake Kel!
    Yesterday I had 80 oz!

Welcome sierrasummer! :flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    I did about 72 oz of water yesterday.
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Kelly, I think its just you and me!
    Is any one else participating in the challenge?

Yesterday, I had 68 oz of water. Today's not going so well, I hope I can get in my 64. I haven't been feeling too great and I hope I am not getting sick.
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    80 oz yesterday..... Where has everyone else gone?:frown:
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    I have no idea :ohwell:?

Yesterday, I only managed 48 oz. :( I just couldn't get it down.. My stomach was upset so I ended up having 2 sprites to try to feel better.. It worked cuz today I am back on track and WILL drink all my water .. :)
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok...here we go:

I never drink all my water.
    :noway:
    I know, I know.

I admit to being a bit stubborn and refusing to believe that the 64 oz rule is hard-and-fast. I mean, I had soup for lunch yesterday, and the liquid in that's got to count for something.

That being said, I did just find out that what I thought was my 16 oz container that I drink from actually turned out to be 22 oz, so I'm probably drinking close to 52 oz/day. Not too far off, but not 64 oz.

Though I do drink a lot from the gym water fountain and I've never thought to count that. Who knows?

--Dehydrated Bride-to Be :wink:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hey all. My wedding is June 01, 2008. I have already lost 22 lbs. Got off track with all this wedding stuff going on but i really want to get back on the wheel and lose another 15 lbs.

Wish me luck. I needed this bit of motivation.

Thks
    Have a great one!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    welcome sugarplum098! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your weight loss so far!!

Melathon, you are still out there! :) Kelly and I were beginning to wonder if we were all by ourselves here.. Great work on water intake. I found it hard to believe that you really need that much water every day, but now I can tell the difference. I have had really bad acne breakouts until now. The change is that now that I am drinking buco amounts of water I am opting to not drink as much soda. I think there is a link somewhere there. My brother had the same thing happen. He doesn't drink any soda anymore and his face is pretty much acne free. So, for me, I am going to continue drinking lots of water because it is MUCH cheaper than buying all the acne treatments out there that don't really help anyway.

Here's to a better, healthier life! :drinker:
  • coreysmommy2005
    Options
    I've been drinking about 64oz a day! Trying to get more in, but having a hard time! It really fills me up!!!
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

sorry I've been super busy with school and didn't notice the challenges. But I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next ones I guess. Also, I'll try to get the image of my bridesmaid dress, it's pretty :) I can't wait til I actually get it, how motivating that will be!!!

Also, I think as of a couple of days ago, I was down 9lbs.... slowly moving down. Anyone know how many sizes down a dress can be altered? there is some boning in the dress and some rouching on the side. Thanks!
  • kkurz
    kkurz Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey all... i try to get my water in... i have tea and such all the time (i was told on a previous site that you can count that water in it... cool)...

but none of that matters now... sorry i've been MIA! I actually contacted the flu or something last week. missed 3 days off work and ended up at the Er so dehydrated and low on nutrients that i got some fluids pushed (i guess thats ONE way of getting your liquid! LOL)

it's all good now. i'm feeling better... haven't attempted anything diet related because i just want to get better...

but hopefully i can get myself back in the game soon!!

and i will say that all this coughing is totally working my abs!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I am Maid of Honour for my best friends wedding. She is getting married in Jamaica in January 2009. So far I've lost 2 pounds and my goal is to lose 40 pounds total. I wanna look good in the dress AND in a bikini on the beach!
    My cousin got married yesterday in Jamaica.
    I wish I were there:ohwell:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    hey all. My wedding is June 01, 2008. I have already lost 22 lbs. Got off track with all this wedding stuff going on but i really want to get back on the wheel and lose another 15 lbs.

Wish me luck. I needed this bit of motivation.

Thks
    Have a great one!
    On my birthday!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    All of you can reach your goals! If you're not already, please add strength training to your regimen. It's more beneficial for weight loss than Aerobics and/or Cardio.

One of the best investments you can make in your future is your Health. Do yourself a favor and go buy the book, The Abs Diet by David Zincenko. It costs about $30. Read it and live by it! Pass it on to your children. It's some of the best and most sensible information you will ever read regarding Diet and Exercise.