JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    Got in 10K (at 10"18 pace). Joined by my 9year old doing laps at the end - did 2Miles from 4.25 to 6.25.
    Wants to get into running track like his big brother

OK now I believe you are training for when you come to Tx and run with me.. That's very cool about the 9 yo. Of course in a few years he will be pacing you like his older brother.
  • elizury
    elizury Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had a fantastic run yesterday in the snow. It was beautiful. My hounddog, Alfie, loved it too. Went 4 miles. Good first week,22 miles. Goal is to run or walk 3 a day for a year. @quilteryoyo I am not near that area. Closer to the Wisconsin border. Question for anyone running/walking in the snow and ice- what shoes do you recommend??
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    @elizury wrote: »
    Question for anyone running/walking in the snow and ice- what shoes do you recommend??

If @PastorVincent were with us, he would probably tell you to make your own screw shoes (you can google that)

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks @daria0919 . Sorry you had to cut your run short due to feeling weak. I hope you are okay and not getting sick.

Thanks @shanaber . I think part of not sleeping well was that I was getting sick and I think not feeling well has made my sleeping stress high and making me restless. I am feeling better today, so hoping that I will sleep better tonight. You are doing great and I hope that once you get the last chemo done you will start to feel better.

@chris_in_cal Enjoy your two weeks off work and hopefully you can get in some good runs.

@juliet3455 I hope you enjoy the 5K. When is the race? If you said that already, I have forgotten. That's my old body/brain. :lol:

@tarun_yadavA Nice run and glad to see that your son joined you for a couple of miles. I hope he gets into track and enjoys it. Look what a good influence you are to your sons! Hahaha about your running with @SummerSkier and what happened when your older son got, well, older and faster.

Welcome @iryne29 I'm glad you ankle has healed. I understand the fear. I broke my elbow and it was years after it healed before I got the courage to try tennis again. Start slow and just listen to your body. I think you will be fine.

@SummerSkier Great run and very ambitious when tennis was scheduled later in the day. Looks like you did great with the tennis too.

Great run @yirara . Speed intervals are hard, but fun.

Great running @AlphaHowls . Love the funny and the points to ponder.

Great run @elizury . Love that you run with Alfie.

Nice job on the crazy laps @emptydog.