Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 247

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    @itladyee, I had one of those portable personal blenders about 16 years ago. It was only good for remixing an already blended smoothie.

Anyhoo. 8ozs of green smoothie is a good start. Sometimes you gotta build up to it first. My 1st couple of days I split my 16oz into 2 servings because I added protein powder. I need more protein too, but right now, I need to get off this bread! So no more protein powder for me until that happens. The greens and berries truly reset my system.
    Once I have regained control, 😳 I'll probably go to 28-32ozs, add protein and avocado back in for my 1st meal of the day.

I hope you have good success with your system reset.❀️

Oh! Poached white fish, low in carbs and fat, high in protein.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham, Sheila, all the years I've been on MFP, mostly I keep my advice to myself. We all know what we need to do and we do it in our own time. I can stop eating ANYTHING with no problem, but bread takes a while for me. I love bread. Sugar is sugar. Bread is sugar. Pasta is sugar. You don't eat those things the weight comes off. We all know that too. What helps me give it up is green smoothies made with bitter greens. 18 to 36 ozs daily. You can start with spinach for milder flavor and a small amount of sweet fruit. Then reduce the fruit, use berries increase the greens. Use a variety of greens; kale, arugula, Swiss chard, Beet greens, chicory, spinach, bok choy. You can add flaxseed meal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, avocado for healthy fats. Vegan protein powder or collagen for a protein boost. You can use a nut milk if you like or coconut water. I only use water. The smoothies are filling and aid in gut health. ❀️

@tiabirdie56 I may try smoothies again. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to cut way back on bread and pasta. You’re rightβ€”getting them out of my diet makes a difference. Thank you for suggestionsβ€”much appreciated.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 ~ What kind of white fish?
    I LOVE bread, but I do pretty well with bread unless I make turkey or chicken burgers, then I want a bun.
    If I go out to eat...then that's another story...so good!

• tiabirdie56
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham ❀️

A week ago I signed up for 1 free month an MFP Premium plan. As you know, you are constantly hounded with signing up every time you login. I tried the high protein, but couldn't reach the required macros. I just switched to low carb and I'm closer to reaching my protein macros. Go figure. I don't see the advantage of having a premium account except for being able to switch plans and have your macros set for you. If it's still being offered for one month free it's worth a try to glean what information you can. You can cancel it.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited January 9
    Options
    itladyee wrote: Β»
    @tiabirdie56 ~ What kind of white fish?

Cod, haddock, halibut, tilapia, pollock, whiting have approx 18-20g protein per 3ozs

Tuna is high in protein also
    Mahi mahi