JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Nice run @chris_in_cal .

Great run @tarun_yadavA . I hope you have a great day in the office.

You are doing great @Laurz9191 . I hope you get to get out for a run tomorrow.

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    so lovely dry, cold and windstill.

Yes, that is the best. Congrats on sticking with the plan.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    so lovely dry, cold and windstill.

Yes, that is the best. Congrats on sticking with the plan.

Aww, thanks a lot. So happy to hear I'm not the only one loving this weather.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 2 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 3 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 4 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 5 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 6 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 7 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 8 - Walked 3.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 9 - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill

20.50/85.00 mile goal

I'm feeling better today, but my tummy is still not back to normal. I also didn't sleep the best again, mostly because of the wind and Tippy needing to be reassured that the twigs hurdling into the house was okay. I took it easy again today, but did manage to get in a short run - second one of the year. I did a run/walk of 3/2 min at 4.2-4.7/4.0 mph, so slower than I would have liked, but at least I did it. Avg HR was 126 with a max of 146 bpm. It was harder than it should have been, but I'm sure because of not sleeping, eating, or drinking as I should for almost a week.

Hope you feel better soon @quilteryoyo !

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Cold here! Brrrr… I went on a 12.1km run this morning. It was beautiful but oh so painfully cold! I’m like @scott6255 ;)- I was actually missing the treadmill this morning. I saw a hawk and lots of mist coming up off the river.

Then, when I was just 250 meters from finishing, I tripped over a piece of frozen dirt and fell down hard onto the asphalt, cutting open my palm and knocking the heck out of my knees. First thing I did before assessing the damage? Stop the time on my Garmin of course ;). The good news is I fell straight down and didn’t twist anything, AND, my favourite (and only) really warm pants weren’t ripped.

So far for December 53.7/200km.

@martaindale I also love the taper and find it to be a reward before the final showdown ;).

How cold was is? The weather is still cold, dry and fairly non-windy here. Did three runs in a row and feel like going out again tonight for a short run just to make use of it before it gets warmer and windier again. I just love this central European winter weather.