What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Buckeye Bean Soup with veggies: sweet onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and of course Buckeye beans. (No recipe, I winged it.)

If you have never eaten beans that made you want more, I HIGHLY recommend taking a look around Rancho Gordo’s website and treating yourself to a bag of beans or several. Life-changing! I was never a big fan of beans until I had theirs, and now I literally eat them every day. 🧅🥕🧄🫘
    it1opo9xlu60.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 16
    Options
    Red Curry Delicata Squash and Tofu by Michael Natkin. Quite spicy 🌶️ and even though I did use red curry paste, the dish turned out yellow. Pretty good, but I would dial the heat way down next time. I also prefer to soft tofu rather than fried (personal preference), oh and as always I left out the sugar. Plenty of sweetness in the squash and curry paste. I love the dramatic stripes on the delicata squash!
    sja1d2c2vioq.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Fruit & veggie snacks!
    Apple & celery with peanut butter...
    x2xwt768zujp.jpg
    ... raspberries & blueberries with oats, chia seeds, and almonds...
    2z7esaeyfan3.jpg
    ... banana & almonds.
    ri0colxzhjpp.jpg
    I like to make things look nice, feels like more of a "meal" when I eat things off a dish rather than just biting into a banana or whatever.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Made Gnocchi for what I call a Gnocchi with Mushroom Tarragon Cream Sauce and Roasted Zucchini Spears
    rilpoc0w8pko.png

Looks delicious! I'd prefer a plate of this rather than a photo of it, but I'll take what I can get haha
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,864 Member
    edited January 16
    Options
    Tuesday lunch on the road... turkey and white cheddar cheese sandwich (on gf bread) with a peanut butter blossom I brought with me and a serving of cole slaw from the food brought in
    hghs679zcfse.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Buckeye Bean Soup with veggies: sweet onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and of course Buckeye beans. (No recipe, I winged it.)

If you have never eaten beans that made you want more, I HIGHLY recommend taking a look around Rancho Gordo’s website and treating yourself to a bag of beans or several. Life-changing! I was never a big fan of beans until I had theirs, and now I literally eat them every day. 🧅🥕🧄🫘
    it1opo9xlu60.jpg

I just checked the Rancho Gordo website. Looks excellent. New to me. Thanks for the tip!
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @mjbnj0001 You’re welcome! And you’re in for a treat 😁
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    1z9p5mytnbux.jpeg lunch was a purchased Vietnamese shrimp salad which actually had a bit of spice (rare where I live)
    84hrfr5j1zk9.jpeg
    Dinner was eggs, bacon, and leftover biscuits.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    That soup doesn't have very many calories. I've been consistently farther below my calorie target than I like most days the last week or so, and tonight I was actually hungry, so I kept eating.

I had the last of my split pea barley soup, and since I have another batch of bean sprouts started (and some broccoli sprouts) I put the penultimate serving of those on top. Yum. Then I had a roasted rutabaga. This time I tossed it with hazelnut oil, salt, black pepper, Hatch green chile powder, and cinnamon. Quite delicious. I couldn't decide to eat the rutabaga or a sweet potato. I still have calories left, so who knows - there could be another roasted root in my future this evening.

h3yrilt4w92f.jpg

awbwu528vz7a.jpg

• Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Tuesday lunch on the road... turkey and white cheddar cheese sandwich (on gf bread) with a peanut butter blossom I brought with me and a serving of cole slaw from the food brought in
    hghs679zcfse.jpg

I LOVE peanut butter blossoms - I make mine grain-free/gluten-free (I've got Celiac's) with just peanut butter, an egg and some sugar, sometimes I'll add a pinch of salt & some vanilla if I have it. I think they're fine without the flour and all the other stuff that's normally in them.

I see your sandwich was on gluten-free bread. Gluten-free bread here in Connecticut is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE - $6 for 5 slices of g/f sourdough bread, $7.99 for a 2 g/fskinny baguettes, $8.49 for 4 g/f bagels. I make most of my bread items from scratch because of the price, but I've yet to make a sandwich bread. Can I ask what type of g/f you use? Thanks! :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Success.

I have made rice and lentils in the past. If I make them separate and mix them together, that works. If I try to make them together, I've struggled to get the right amount of water and/or to get the right amount of cooking time. I use brown rice, so it cooks long enough that the lentils get mushy and turns the whole thing into glop. Don't get me wrong, I like glop. I also like having lentils fully cooked that hold their shape.

I made one batch with two servings of each because I was hungry and had plenty of room in my calories and could use the protein. I put a half cup of brown basmiti rice in a pot with too much boiling water flavored with a little bit of Better than Bullion and cooked for 30 minutes. I added a half cup of rinsed lentils and a chopped jalapeno and a tiny bit more water (it looked like it needed it), and cooked it another 15 minutes. I turned off the heat, gave it a stir, put the lid back on, and let it sit and keep cooking another five minutes.

I had a hard cooked egg in the fridge - the perfect eight minutes in the boil based on what I learned here from @acpgee. It came out pretty much perfect. I sprinkled some Maldon salt on, and dug in.

This was the first serving. The other bowl and other half of the egg won't last long!

135aoat3i4cs.jpg