😀😀😀***JANUARY 2024 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***😀😀😀

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Goal for Week # 1 - focus on losing again after a long vacation and a month plus of eating holiday foods and desserts

Goal for week # 2 - plan healthy meals in advance for accurate logging of calories, introduce more vegetables, reduce sodium and get in lots of walking on non-rainy days. Accomplished all but the walking 🌧️ it has been a wet and cold week and my head cold is still hanging on 🤧 I also found myself reaching for snacks during football which I need to definitely avoid!

Goal for Week #3 - shake the head cold and continue healthy meal planning with lower sodium, less wine and lower sugar. Did well this week and even walked outside 4 times! Back to basics feels good. Should see the scale tip more soon.

Goal for Week #4 - I have been targeting 1200 calories per day for several weeks and can’t go lower (in fact often have been going over), but increasing my activity, sticking to calorie target and avoiding snack foods should shake things up.

January Start Weight:147.5
    January Goal Weight: 143
    Ultimate Goal Weight:140

January 1: 147.5
    January 8: 147.3
    January 15: 146.4 (Friday) 148.1 (Mon)
    January 22: 146.6
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • SDNavane
    SDNavane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    01/21-184.4-(Trend Weight: 182.5)- I took a wrong turn at Christmas and have been on the wrong road ever since. It’s time to swallow my pride, pull out my map and get back on the right path. Yesterday was a Chinese buffet for lunch and the children’s movie Migration (very fun movie) at the Cinema. I know I am retaining water today so I hope for a drop tomorrow, but it’s going to take more than some fluid loss to right this wrong. If you’ve been around awhile then you know I’m either full-steam-ahead on track or I’m lollygagging somewhere off the beaten path. There doesn’t seem to be an in-between for me. Time to get back on track. No more shenanigans!

I'm in the same boat, Donna!
  • SDNavane
    SDNavane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    January Start Weight: 310.4
    January Goal Weight: 305.4

Jan 1: 310.4
    Jan 8: 309.6
    Jan 15: 306.8
    Jan 22: 305.6 A week ahead of plan!
    Jan 29:

Monthly weight drop: 4.8
    Total weight drop todate: -27.5

Congrats! B)
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Female, 5’7”
    HW: 181 pounds (Dec 30, 2019)
    January Start Weight: 137.1 pounds
    December Goal Weight: 130-135 pounds
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130-135 pounds

January 1: 137.1
    January 8: 136.2
    January 15: 137.3
    January 22: 138.4
    January 29:
    January 31:

Total weight loss/gain to date this month: + 1.3 pounds

Wrong direction...
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    January Start Weight: 105.4 kg
    January Goal Weight: 102 kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 75 kg

January 1: 105.4 kg
    January 8: 104.4 kg
    January 15: 103.4 kg
    January 22: 104.2 kg (I messed up this week)
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • jlwalker6
    jlwalker6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    January Start Weight: 265.4
    January Goal Weight: 261
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 185
    January 1: 265.4
    January 8: 260.2. Not sure how that happened, but it's very encouraging! I must have been retaining some water somewhere because I was eating at maintenance trying to heal from being sick--craving lots and lots of oranges. At my goal for my HealthyWage challenge so i need to keep it up for the official weigh in. I plan to buy myself some roller skates with the prize money. I used to love skating as a kid; you couldn't keep me off the skating rink or out of the swimming pool if there was one nearby. Weird how when we get older we forget about things that brought joy and excitement to our lives. I didn't make resolutions this year, but as I have entered my forties, i have decided to prioritize my own health, mental health, and happiness. With roller skates :) See you all next week--lots of love!

January 15: 260--been really hungry the last few days. I wish there was a way to track that on Fitbit the way you can track mood and look at the trends like in the menstrual health section (hint hint, Fitbit developers who may be reading this)

January 22: 259.8 and grateful that the ice has melted and my Fitbit no linger thinks I'm dead. I tried taking the trash out, my legs flew out from under me on my first step off the porch and I strained my hip muscle. 🫠 I just learned that there are things you can put over your shoes to stop that from happening. lol
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @jlwalker6 Congrats on entering a new (weight) decade! I hope your hip feels better soon, that sounds painful. Glad your Fitbit is back in proper working order and that your sense of humor is intact 😁
  • Farmeress
    Farmeress Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
    @takinitalloff ‐ I'm sorry about the constipation, that's the worst! You didn't ask but I'm going to offer anyway. There is a non constipating iron supplement from Three Arrows Nutra. Also can be taken on an empty stomach and don't have to avoid calcium. https://threearrowsnutra.com/
    There's a ton of info on the website. It was the iron supplement that finally put my levels in the normal range after years, maybe decades of different supplements and cast iron skillets, etc.