205lbs to 161lbs side profile change

Options
2»

Replies

• Pearlymom123
    Pearlymom123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting to see that big of difference but you've just inspired me! Way to go girl!!
  • bruceraywhite
    bruceraywhite Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Holy SH%T - Good on you. KILLER transition. Killer!
  • bruceraywhite
    bruceraywhite Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    What was the fuel for your rocket?

You look fantastic!

Thank you!

The biggest fuel was that I hated like HATED feeling tired whenever I tried to do anything. Getting out of bed, going upstairs, be a teacher to my students, I mean anything. And I also had gone through a health scare with my liver and I said, okay this is it, time for change. And here I am :smiley:

This is a very good explanation but I wanted a literal answer. In the before photo it looks like you are building a rocket. What was the fuel?

isn't that a water bottle?
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,699 Member
    Options
    WTG
  • jessicad231
    jessicad231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's so wild (in a good way)! Congrats on your progress!
  • lduck76
    lduck76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is phenomenal. I am in a 6-week weight loss challenge at my gym (which is also my place of employment). I started at 219 and am down to 213 in one week. I think the calorie deficit thing makes sense to me. I did have a nice weekend with my husband and went to two restaurants where I made very specific food choices and diligently logged them. I was surprised how full I felt. Anyway your story gives me a lot of hope!
  • shannonleckey1
    shannonleckey1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Literal fuel in the rocket HAHA!

Thanks for the inpiration. I started at 202 and not sure I'll ever make my goal of 160 but it's inspiring to see!!!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

Thanks for the inpiration. I started at 202 and not sure I'll ever make my goal of 160 but it's inspiring to see!!!

Getting started is almost the hardest part. Seeing results is inspirational! I am a physicist so seeing rockets makes me happy. Nice job.
  • sniderjosh1
    sniderjosh1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • KylsP
    KylsP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am halfway there starting at 205, currently at 178 and aiming for 160 - thank you so much for sharing because it is really motivating to see the physical change on someone about the same size as me!
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Jumpropegirl5467 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    KylsP wrote: »
    Amazing! I am halfway there starting at 205, currently at 178 and aiming for 160 - thank you so much for sharing because it is really motivating to see the physical change on someone about the same size as me!

Good luck, you got this !!
  • RuthanneBowers
    RuthanneBowers Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am about 205 right now and that is my goal - 160-165. What was the timeline for this change?
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Options
    You look great! I am about 205 right now and that is my goal - 160-165. What was the timeline for this change?

Thank you! It took about 6-7 months for me to loose that amount. But I had a combination of many factors, weight training, cal deficit about 1,400 cal. I also get a lot of steps in because I coach track and basketball at my school. I’m 5”7 I guess how long it takes you depends on your height, activity level, and most importantly cal deficit.
    Good luck !!
  • Jumpropegirl5467
    Options

You definitely will!
  • JenniAltemus
    JenniAltemus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started 206 12/9/23 and am 168.4 today. I’ll have to get the bravery to share a before/now-ive still got 30 pounds to my final goal. You look great!
  • Wannabe_049
    Wannabe_049 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very well done! "This is the way."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!