Share your IF success stories

Options
Smaya29
Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
edited December 2023 in Success Stories
Hello, I would like to hear how did you lose fat with IF. How did you do it, what you ate, what kind of diet you followed and how long did it take. Share with me your experiences (and pictures if you're comfortable)what to expect, how you felt. I'm 180lbs, 5'2 female, I want to lose weight to feel healthier. Started IF 4 days ago. Your stories will motivate me.

Thank you, wish you all happiness and good health!

Replies

• Smaya29
    Options
    Soooooo I did IF for 2 months, OMAD actually and began measuring my waist and was horrified to learn that I was 46inches.

Decided to get my act together after discovering that I couldn't perform 10 (bad form) pushups and I was by far the fattest guy in a recent (at the time) group selfie.

This was May this year.

Ate 2 cans of sardines and a huge salad for my evening meal (roughly 700kcals) and nothing else for the remaining 24 hours and walked 10k steps a day minimum.

Because of my lack of carb intake I shed tons of water in the first week and might have lost like 15lbs. Jeans felt looser every day for a months and before I knew it I went from the top notch on my belt to the bottom one and was looking for a way to punch a hole to make lower ones.

I'd say I went from 46 inches to 32 in 2 months and from there I focused on working out.

I no longer fast but a limited time frame to eat definitely helps restrict calories if you need it.

Like anything, be serious and consistent and you'll make it happen.

Good luck.

Thank you for sharing this. I went from size 4 to size 20 in 7 years. I have been doing OMAD /IF since last 4 days and I feel the difference. Less brain fog, body is not too achy anymore, mood is better and yes, water retention going down.

I appreciate that you replied. I feel more motivated now. You look great in your dp! Congratulations and good luck!
  • nolongergordo
    nolongergordo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Smaya29 wrote: »
    Soooooo I did IF for 2 months, OMAD actually and began measuring my waist and was horrified to learn that I was 46inches.

Decided to get my act together after discovering that I couldn't perform 10 (bad form) pushups and I was by far the fattest guy in a recent (at the time) group selfie.

This was May this year.

Ate 2 cans of sardines and a huge salad for my evening meal (roughly 700kcals) and nothing else for the remaining 24 hours and walked 10k steps a day minimum.

Because of my lack of carb intake I shed tons of water in the first week and might have lost like 15lbs. Jeans felt looser every day for a months and before I knew it I went from the top notch on my belt to the bottom one and was looking for a way to punch a hole to make lower ones.

I'd say I went from 46 inches to 32 in 2 months and from there I focused on working out.

I no longer fast but a limited time frame to eat definitely helps restrict calories if you need it.

Like anything, be serious and consistent and you'll make it happen.

Good luck.

Thank you for sharing this. I went from size 4 to size 20 in 7 years. I have been doing OMAD /IF since last 4 days and I feel the difference. Less brain fog, body is not too achy anymore, mood is better and yes, water retention going down.

I appreciate that you replied. I feel more motivated now. You look great in your dp! Congratulations and good luck!

Anytime!

I've found that a really cool feature about being steadfast in OMAD is that you aren't suffering as much as you would from a diet where you deny yourself certain foods.
    Focus and attention to detail will go up because you just stop thinking about eating as it's off the table for the next x amount of hours.

You can do it, any questions don't be afraid to get at me and good luck!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have success in time restricted eating when I use it as a tool to control calories and enhance fullness, by contracting my meals and avoiding evening snacking. It doesn't matter what I eat if my calories are within limits, though I do have more success when I make protein a priority as that helps hunger. Moderate fat, moderate carbs too for nutrients and energy. Nothing extreme. Usually I'll skip breakfast and not eat after dinner which works pretty well for me.
  • Smaya29
    Options
    I was wondering if I have to have the same eating window everyday? I have been eating one meal a day, but I take my time to finish it, so I eat it in 2 hours because I don't even feel hungry anymore. It's been a week now that I'm alternating between OMAD and IF. I seem to have lost my appetite. Sometimes I eat after 18 hours, some days after 22hrs and some days after 23 hrs.
  • ngober5356
    ngober5356 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    My problem is that I will wake up in the middle of the night feeling hungry. I have to go get something to put in my stomach or I can’t go back to sleep. Then that breaks my fasting period……
  • Seansamz
    Seansamz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ngober5356 wrote: »
    My problem is that I will wake up in the middle of the night feeling hungry. I have to go get something to put in my stomach or I can’t go back to sleep. Then that breaks my fasting period……

It’s tough for sure. I’ll do rice cakes with a little fruit preserves or something. It’s not awesome but it’s sub 100 calories and progress can still be made.
  • kerrymelissa1
    kerrymelissa1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started IF in January. I was skeptical at first and didn't think I could do it. But I absolutely love it and I am down 5 lbs after 3weeks. It's a slow and steady loss. I am doing the 16/8. Seems to be working. I have increased my protein intake as well. My eating window is usually 930am to 5pm. I hope this helps as I am just getting started.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!