**VICTORIOUS SECRET*WK 4**SEPT~TRIBAL~(CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I COULDN'T DO IT! I ended up still going to the gym for a bootcamp session even though I'd cancelled and did a killer workout this morning. In the end I decided to "treat" myself to the gym if I got through my uni goals for the day...I had a depressing day with uni and decided to release the depression at bootcamp :bigsmile:
    Walked over 3 miles today and enjoyed every minute of it!
    It's late and I'm drinking my dinner :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    LOVES TO YOU ALL! and JR CHEERS FOR SAVING ME A LOT OF DOSH! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

No problem! I will have to check your calorie burn I got up to 1.2k burnt and decided that I was done. If you worked out more then >.< .... I will deeeefffeeeeeeeaaaaaaatttttttt yyyyyoooooouuuuuu! (We know the real reason you went back to bootcamp you didn't want to lose to me!!! ITS ON!)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Putting together final details for my Fab 15 Foodie Challenge. I want to give you guys first crack at it.

Some quick hits:

1. Each week there will be something to focus on (One week might be make sure you are meeting your fiber goals, enough water, etc.)
    2. No set/ pre set exercises, it will be timed amounts. Ex. First week goal is to exercise 5 times for 40minutes each or 200 minutes (about 30 minutes a day for 6 days if you spread it out) We can all suggest things, but this way you can do what you enjoy while still getting support from the group.
    3. Random days you will be paired up with someone in the group for BONUS points, if you both meet the goal (over on water, under on say sugars) and etc. So not only do you have motivation for yourself and from others, you have motivation to help that other person get bonus points!
    4. I am having T-shirts made up for the winners at the end of the month. (I have a buddy that owns a t-shirt shop :-) ) (Also might have a couple other small prizes for challenge/bonus challenge winners.)
    5. I am a foodie, huge foodie. So every couple days I will post a recipe I made/tried, results, and how to make it healthy or alternatives. We will have a topic dedicated to sharing recipes and items cooked. You can earn bonus points from here as well.
    6. Weigh in will be once a week.

The point system is much easier. No spreadsheets or anything like that. I will just need to have access to view your diary or a pm with the days you worked out and for how long and etc. This will allow me to total up the points and post it. I want this to be all about people motivating each other and not having to worry did I fill out the spreadsheet and etc. It's about having fun and working with each other as we get to our fitness goal.

If you would be interested please post here or PM me. If I get a large of enough response I might bump it to 20 people but no more as I want us all to be able to keep this a fairly close knit group.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok Jr you talked me into it. I'm doing a 6 wk challenge but really no contact there, so I do yours instead. I complete yesterday challenges. 150 crunches, and 3 miles on treadmill. Under calorie and over water. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I can imagine you all looking around at each other and saying WHO IS THIS CHICK!!! :bigsmile: But I'm HERE!!! I have been keeping up with the challenges however not very active on the boards lately.

Anina you are putting me to shame as I have just as much study as you BUT you seem to get on here and be able to keep everyone up to date!!!
    I have been giving myself limited time on MFP over the last week and have been feeling sooo guilty about not jumping on here :blushing: :ohwell: BUT there are only 4 days left so I am determined to jump on the board and be an active participant over the next 4 days!!

So today after bootcamp today I went home and got all my extra exercises done
    100 JJ
    100 crunches
    40 toe touches
    5 burpees :grumble: :grumble:
    and added 100 crunches to team challenge (Very sore abs at the mo!!).

I was under my cals and drank all my water.

So a great day for me! Bring on Wednesday!!!

JR after telling Anina tonight that I wasn't going to enroll in any challenges this month yours sounds awesome!!!! If you have room I would totally like to participate. Have never participated in a food challenge but sounds like something to keep me going through the month. Also I LOVE getting new recipes, and my husband also loves trying them!!

Ok everyone hope you have a great day!! I'm off to bed to dream about my *kitten* getting kicked at bootcamp again!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I can imagine you all looking around at each other and saying WHO IS THIS CHICK!!! :bigsmile: But I'm HERE!!! I have been keeping up with the challenges however not very active on the boards lately.

Anina you are putting me to shame as I have just as much study as you BUT you seem to get on here and be able to keep everyone up to date!!!
    I have been giving myself limited time on MFP over the last week and have been feeling sooo guilty about not jumping on here :blushing: :ohwell: BUT there are only 4 days left so I am determined to jump on the board and be an active participant over the next 4 days!!

100 JJ
    100 crunches
    40 toe touches

JR after telling Anina tonight that I wasn't going to enroll in any challenges this month yours sounds awesome!!!! If you have room I would totally like to participate. Have never participated in a food challenge but sounds like something to keep me going through the month. Also I LOVE getting new recipes, and my husband also loves trying them!!

Ok everyone hope you have a great day!! I'm off to bed to dream about my *kitten* getting kicked at bootcamp again!!

You guys are all in and have been posted on your profiles. I have a spot saved for Anina if she wants it as well. (IF SHE THINKS SHE CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!)

Btw.... I'm a french fry lover and I have to say I found an amazing way to make french fries that are only 65 calories a serving vs 350 calories a serving of reg. fried goodnes.. Tried about 20 ways I finally perfected it. Just a little teaser there... oh and boneless buffalo wings ;-)

I hope you all enjoy, anyone on this team is allowed in. I have a 5 seat buffer I'm keeping for you guys. I want to take what I've learned and really liked on this challenge and kick it up a notch. I want to give you guys the best challenge group myfitnesspal has ever seen. In fact.... I have a video I made for the special bonus day of the first week. Oh yeah that's right, kicking this up with VIDEO's.. HOLLAH!! :-D
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hi everyone,

100 JJ
    100 crunches
    40 toe touches

Hi KJ!!!! TY for touching base with us!!! We still love you!!!!:heart::smooched:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Are we going to have a week 5 thread or keep it all in this one?
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hi everyone,

100 JJ
    100 crunches
    40 toe touches

You guys are all in and have been posted on your profiles. I have a spot saved for Anina if she wants it as well. (IF SHE THINKS SHE CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!)

Btw.... I'm a french fry lover and I have to say I found an amazing way to make french fries that are only 65 calories a serving vs 350 calories a serving of reg. fried goodnes.. Tried about 20 ways I finally perfected it. Just a little teaser there... oh and boneless buffalo wings ;-)

I hope you all enjoy, anyone on this team is allowed in. I have a 5 seat buffer I'm keeping for you guys. I want to take what I've learned and really liked on this challenge and kick it up a notch. I want to give you guys the best challenge group myfitnesspal has ever seen. In fact.... I have a video I made for the special bonus day of the first week. Oh yeah that's right, kicking this up with VIDEO's.. HOLLAH!! :-D

I would love to do the challenge because I really have hated a lot of the workouts in this current challenge and it's taken the fun out of working out. If there is one thing I have learned in losing nearly 120 lbs it's that you will NOT stick with it if it's not something you enjoy. I want to be able to do a workout that I like but yet still have the support you get from a tight knit group. I love the accountability. The food aspect of it sounds great because we would be sharing new recipes and that's always a plus! I also like the idea of pairing off some days.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Are we going to have a week 5 thread or keep it all in this one?

Since this one ended up being so much shorter than the last one I just thought we could keep it here that way everyone wouldn't have to bookmark yet another link.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Hi everyone,

100 JJ
    100 crunches
    40 toe touches

I would love to do the challenge because I really have hated a lot of the workouts in this current challenge and it's taken the fun out of working out. If there is one thing I have learned in losing nearly 120 lbs it's that you will NOT stick with it if it's not something you enjoy. I want to be able to do a workout that I like but yet still have the support you get from a tight knit group. I love the accountability. The food aspect of it sounds great because we would be sharing new recipes and that's always a plus! I also like the idea of pairing off some days.

GOOD DEAL, I was hoping you'd ask. I was about to PM and you almost hit you over the head to join.. BTW.. I already had you down. ;-)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    3 spots left!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Yeah I took a lot of what I learned from doing this challenge, adding some JR flava, add in some off the wall ideas, got some feed back, mixed in love and fun, and came up with this.. plus I love food!!!! I HATED and loathed some of the challenge exercises here. I just wanted to do my routine, bust my rear, and have people make sure I was still doing that. I wanted to add food, because its a good conversation part, but its also vital to our end goal. It allows us to break past just exercising and work on all parts of our lifestyle change. As for the partner pairing up, I came up with that because I wanted a way to give people extra motivation and also get people to motivate each other as much as possible. I came up with this as the idea to try to do that!

I will give this challenge my all guys! I am looking forward to steering us into the skinny healthy lands!!!
  • kjnicol
    Options
    THREE DAYS TO GO!!! LET"S KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT!!!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I got everything done today, but feeling REALLY sick to my stomach tonight. Blah. Yuck. :sick:

Nica, texted me this evening and please keep her and her family in your prayers. Her daughter had a relapse and was near death plus Nica's cousin just passed away from cancer. I simply can not imagine. Love you Nica and I'm so so sorry. No child should have to suffer through so much. :frown: :brokenheart:

I'm really in a reflective mood tonight. Things like this really help you prioritize about what is really important.

Hugs Tribe :heart:
  • aninamika
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: LORI PLEASE SEND NICA BIG LOVES FROM THE ROK next time you chat with her. I have a half-marathon coming up next month and spoke to her about using it as a fundraiser for her daughter because I'm sure with all the medical bills and the time she needs to spend with her daughter it'll be a strain on the finances.
    I wanted to use her and her daughter's blog as part of the fundraiser - giving people access to it so they could donate directly but I never heard back from her. I knew she'd be having a tough time but I not to that extent.
    Well everyone I'm doing the half for Dee - if you want to sponsor me a $ or whatever per mile go through to Nica's blog and donate. Just let me know so I can keep tabs. The run is on October 9th and it'll be the last chance I have to run a half in Seoul before we head out. Like you Lori - that has just made me reflect on life and what is really important. It's so easy for us to lose track on what really counts. I've got a crap load of uni **** I need to get on with but I'll try and do up a poster or something to spread around the ROK to ensure that my peeps here give me some dosh!
    We all have so many blessings that we simply forget about them when there are so many unnecessary distractions. STAY STRONG & POSITIVE EVERYONE. This is no short term journey it's a life long journey to ensure that you can enjoy your health and help others enjoy theirs.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

JR - BRING ON YOUR FOODIE CHALLENGE! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! By the end of this month I will have made it without EATING meat for the whole month! The real success has been that I haven't craved it which is what normally happens. I've been trying out new recipes which kind of falls in with what I am able to eat and although there have been annoyances (time-consuming finding ingredient substitutes) I've just either worked around it to a degree.

LORI - Hang in there darls we're nearly at the end of the month and then it's done. We will never have to do Bear walks for hopefully the immediate future ;)

Here is my workout for today. The walking hasn't been included and sometimes I don't log all the walking I do. ALSO LORI EACH TEAM MEMBER HAS TO DO 400 CRUNCHES FOR THE WEEK RIGHT? WELL I'm pledging to do Janet's 400 and Nica's 400 if she's unable to do hers. Either way - can I do that and still earn the extra points for our team. It's not for the points it's team work and if one can't go on we help 'em over. This will be my way of helping.

WARM UP: 50 Push jacks, 8 inch worms, 5 push ups, 10 crunches = 3 rounds
    WOD 60 ON 60 OFF 2 ROUNDS
    1 arm ground to press (10kgs)
    TRX Muscle up
    Partner push up (full)
    Knees to elbows
    Kettle bell upright rows
    TRX push up to roll out
    FINISHER
    PPP - Perfect push ups in 1 minute. Count reps. Not perfect not included
    Managed 19 perfect out of 21.
    Went for a 6 mile run @ 11:33 min per mile
    Came home and did the exercise challenges for the day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&amp;feature=relmfu
    3 sets of 15 swimmer presses = 7kgs
    3 sets of 15 wood chops = 7kgs
    3 sets of 21’s = 7 kgs
    3 sets of 15 lawnmowers = 7kgs
    50 bicycle - 50 reverse crunches towards team challenge

BTW - I had a body composition done today and I only have 10% body fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL XXX
  • kjnicol
    Options
    Oh man my heart goes out to Nica at this time :brokenheart: Sometimes I think life is just not fair!! Please Lori let her know that we are all thinking of her and sending positive thoughts and lots of love her way.

Anina I'll sponsor you!!!!! Just remind me when the time comes.

Lori - sometimes our days are not as bright as others but dont' worry chick! The sun will shine again for you 2morrow! I just know it will :flowerforyou:

So finished my exercises tonight after bootcamp, drank my water and ate under my cals. Only 2 more days to go people!!!
    Lets dig it in!!!!
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My heart, love, and prayers go out to Nica and her family. :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :cry:

I really dont know what to say at this moment after reading that. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. My God.

Lori, I hope you are feeling better today.

Everyone - My apologies for not being consistent in posting on the forum. I have, however, been consistent on keeping up with the challenges (even if I needed to modify them - my knee has been giving me some issues), staying over on water, and under calories :) I also did 300 crunches last week.

Much love to you all.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Anina I will sponsor you as well, just let me know where to send the coinage to.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll text Nica and send my prayers!!! Going to go home and just spent some quality time with my family tonight. So glad to hear I'm not the only one dreading the workouts. I have always loved to workout but not the same thing over and over. I get burned out quickly. I have been doing my challenges staying under calorie, but I have been eating crap!!!! I'm doing the 3 day diet just to make up for my terrible choices, but if I get hungry I'll eat lil more. We gotta push each other to the end of this challenge. We can do it!!!!! Looking forward to Jr's challenge. I think were all ready for a change. Loves to all!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Nica's number if you want to text her is 904-415-5431

Sherri, I am sick to death of the same challenge stuff too. After 2 months of it I just want to scream. I got everything done today and I'm wore out. I will be under calories and over on water.

HUGS!!!!! Ty everyone for staying so positive!!!!