GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    You mention week 8 yet not give details for week 8. I presume it's either a rest/deload week, or a 1RM test week.

Yes, it's an unprogrammed deload week and then I test 1rms. I haven't quite figured out what to do for deload, so I haven't recorded it yet! Good catch!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You mention week 8 yet not give details for week 8. I presume it's either a rest/deload week, or a 1RM test week.

Yes, it's an unprogrammed deload week and then I test 1rms. I haven't quite figured out what to do for deload, so I haven't recorded it yet! Good catch!

In general, there are a few approaches to deloads. You can do your same routine at 50%, or take time off/some cardio. I actually found if it turned it into a light bro-split week, it worked nicely.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options

Hey Sandy, since we are basically doing the same program (i kinda tweaked it for my liking) here is what i do for my deload weeks.

On the compound lifts i take 50% of week 7, and do 4 worksets of 10-12 reps
    For the accessory work i started doing the numbers of week 1 or 2 for same amount of reps. Just don't do the sets till faillure.

I wrote down on forehand the deload week, and for the accessory i did the ones that i rated RPE8 or higher. Did the same reps and weight as i did in week 1, and rated them again.
    Almost all the ones i did were a RPE6 or RPE5
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Note... I actually put that sticker in the vid because the cellulite in that position was sooooo bad. 😳

I still cannot do a wide leg forward fold, but I used to not be able to sit upright even, so a bit of a fold is way better than before!

I started doing the Daily Yoga app you suggested Sandy
    I hate how not flexible i am
    Options
    @Minion_training_program that was awesome! I wager if you had done the 73kg before the attempts at 74kg, you would have made it, but by the time you went back to it there was too much accumulated fatigue.

@steveko89 maybe I'll pass you on the streets of Denver, since that's where I work! (Technically in the suburb of Aurora, but I take the interstate through Denver as part of my commute.)

Thank you Mike
    Yeah i figured if i had go for 73 instead of 74 first, i might have had it. Looking back, i realised even more how close i was to get past my sticking point and locking it out.
    Still 4kg increase on my weakest lift... i am pleased

I definatly was not at the time, but over the weekend i have come to peace with it, and that i should be proud of it
    edited February 19
    Options
    My current program is a 4 day a week program, where 3 day's revolve around the SBD and 1 day accessory work
    This last cycle i did the 4th day as well, but still 3 day a week working out, so it was like ABC-DAB-CDA etc.. so my program took 3 weeks extra.
    Then i had 1 week off because super busy at work, and 2 deload weeks, 1 in between, and 1 after week 7 of the program.

I start week 1 at 70% of SBD 1RM (hence the testing at the end).

I have been maintaining pretty long, but now i wanna cut down to 95kg (13kg to go)
    So instead of the cycle i have been doing for last 2 year or so, i wrote a new program

Well actually i have let ChatGPT write a program for me, where i had put in different parameters that's more bodybuilding program, rather than powerlifting program, focussed more on higher volume and training till faillure for maximum muscle growth.

It's a ABC program

Week 1-3
    A:
    • Bench press 4 x 15 @ 60% of 1RM
    • Barbell Bent over row 4 x 12 @ 60%
    • Cable Face Pulls 3 x F
    • Seated Tice[t Rope Pushdown 3 x F
    • Cable Preacher Curls 3 x F
    B:
    • Back Squat 4 x 15 @ 60%
    • Tricep Calbe Kickbacks 3 x F
    • Cable Pull Through 3 x F
    • Leg press 3 x F
    • Standing Calf Raises with DB 4 x 15 (each side)
    C:
    • Deadlifts 4 x 15 @ 60%
    • Cale Lat Pulldown wide Grip 3 x F
    • Cable Lateral Raises 3 x F
    • Cable Chest Flyes 4 x F

Then in week 4 to 6 i basically increase the weight on compounds to 70% for 5 x 12 and week 7 to 75% on 5 x 10
    Also on the accessory i will increase the weight each week. Since they are till faillure, it's safe enough to do so
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Note... I actually put that sticker in the vid because the cellulite in that position was sooooo bad. 😳

I still cannot do a wide leg forward fold, but I used to not be able to sit upright even, so a bit of a fold is way better than before!

It does get easier and it's totally worth it!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    My current program is a 4 day a week program, where 3 day's revolve around the SBD and 1 day accessory work
    This last cycle i did the 4th day as well, but still 3 day a week working out, so it was like ABC-DAB-CDA etc.. so my program took 3 weeks extra.
    Then i had 1 week off because super busy at work, and 2 deload weeks, 1 in between, and 1 after week 7 of the program.

I have been maintaining pretty long, but now i wanna cut down to 95kg (13kg to go)
    So instead of the cycle i have been doing for last 2 year or so, i wrote a new program

Well actually i have let ChatGPT write a program for me, where i had put in different parameters that's more bodybuilding program, rather than powerlifting program, focussed more on higher volume and training till faillure for maximum muscle growth.

It's a ABC program

Week 1-3
    A:
    • Cable Face Pulls 3 x F
    B:
    • Leg press 3 x F
    C:
    • Deadlifts 4 x 15 @ 60%

Then in week 4 to 6 i basically increase the weight on compounds to 70% for 5 x 12 and week 7 to 75% on 5 x 10
    Also on the accessory i will increase the weight each week. Since they are till faillure, it's safe enough to do so

It doesn't seem to matter what weight I do... If I do more than 12 squats, I get very winded. I also OFTEN lose track of my count if it's over 8 lmao. Ohhh the joys of ADHD.

I think a regular requirement of 15 reps would make me miserable. Lol

I am curious to see how you like it!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I also OFTEN lose track of my count if it's over 8 lmao.

Comforting to know this isn't just me. If I'm doing a set number of reps I find I keep better track counting down vs. up.
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

Comforting to know this isn't just me. If I'm doing a set number of reps I find I keep better track counting down vs. up.

Well, i have problem counting my reps sometimes.
    I saw 2 weeks ago, when i was doing deload on squats for 15 reps, my first and last set were 16 and 17 reps...

But normally i start counting my breathings on the compound lifts that is.

@KickassAmazon76
    It's also another reason to do my other exercises till faillure...No need to count for it (altough i do wanna write down my reps, so still counting)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Which app is this ?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

It's a ABC program

Week 1-3
    A:
    • Cable Face Pulls 3 x F
    B:
    • Leg press 3 x F
    C:
    • Deadlifts 4 x 15 @ 60%

It doesn't seem to matter what weight I do... If I do more than 12 squats, I get very winded. I also OFTEN lose track of my count if it's over 8 lmao. Ohhh the joys of ADHD.

I think a regular requirement of 15 reps would make me miserable. Lol

I am curious to see how you like it!

15 plus reps is a new level of agony if you’re truly training to form failure on the exercise. And it’s amazing ! 😁
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

If I’m doing 15 or more I count off in sets of 5. Small victory's to the finish line.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    RE: ADHD Squad

Full disclosure, I've not received any diagnosis but fully believe I have ADHD, general anxiety and have strong autistic spectrum tendencies. I've been supplementing L-Theanine at 200 mg twice daily and feel like I've seen some improvement to executive function and focus.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H7P9M0?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 4x15 squats for months, and I love it! Normally am able to bang out the first 8-10 reps without pause, then do singles until the set is over.

Used to do sets of 20, and one noteworthy day in my training log was when I setup the bar with 50% of 1RM and did a set of 100. Didn't care how long I "rested" between reps, but the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Think it was the only exercise I did that day, and one of the rare few days I felt like crawling to the locker room after, lol.

For my "deload" week, I take the week off from lifting completely, don't even set foot in the gym at all. That week is all about healing up the aches and pains of growing old, so as little exertion as possible, ice or heat as needed. That first week back I back off about 5-10% on the weights used, then I'm off to the races again.

I work in 13-week blocks...12 weeks lifting, one week completely off. Gives me an even 4 blocks per year, including a natural break between Christmas and New Year's. Today was the start of week 8; unless injury convinces me to change my schedule, I'll get my week off the week of March 25.

Today I was really feeling good when I hit the gym, so decided to toss an extra 10# onto the bench press and replace my sets of 4-5 at 265 with doubles at 275. I could feel the weight, but the path was still smooth, and my last set I had a spotter which let me leave it all on the bench and get 4 reps. According to calculators, that translates to a 1RM of 311, just shy of the magic 315 that's my goal by June. Oooh, I can taste it!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I've been doing 4x15 squats for months, and I love it! Normally am able to bang out the first 8-10 reps without pause, then do singles until the set is over.

Used to do sets of 20, and one noteworthy day in my training log was when I setup the bar with 50% of 1RM and did a set of 100. Didn't care how long I "rested" between reps, but the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Think it was the only exercise I did that day, and one of the rare few days I felt like crawling to the locker room after, lol.

For my "deload" week, I take the week off from lifting completely, don't even set foot in the gym at all. That week is all about healing up the aches and pains of growing old, so as little exertion as possible, ice or heat as needed. That first week back I back off about 5-10% on the weights used, then I'm off to the races again.

I work in 13-week blocks...12 weeks lifting, one week completely off. Gives me an even 4 blocks per year, including a natural break between Christmas and New Year's. Today was the start of week 8; unless injury convinces me to change my schedule, I'll get my week off the week of March 25.

Today I was really feeling good when I hit the gym, so decided to toss an extra 10# onto the bench press and replace my sets of 4-5 at 265 with doubles at 275. I could feel the weight, but the path was still smooth, and my last set I had a spotter which let me leave it all on the bench and get 4 reps. According to calculators, that translates to a 1RM of 311, just shy of the magic 315 that's my goal by June. Oooh, I can taste it!

Once you hit that 315 you have to gif it !

Great post
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Which app is this ?

The app is on the play store (possibly Apple too) and it's called Daily Yoga. It let's you pick your exercise based on area and/or complexity. I have found two series I like cycling through that work on hips, legs, back and shoulders. I've been using it for just over a year and really like it. 😊

Not sure if this will work...https://h5.dailyyoga.com/invite_friend/#/register?lang=2&key=MTE1MDc1NTcyOjA=
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    RE: ADHD Squad

Full disclosure, I've not received any diagnosis but fully believe I have ADHD, general anxiety and have strong autistic spectrum tendencies. I've been supplementing L-Theanine at 200 mg twice daily and feel like I've seen some improvement to executive function and focus.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H7P9M0?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I going to check this out. I am also undiagnosed, but am positive I have ADHD and am sub clinically autistic. I could really use some help. ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Lifted tonight. Bench was a disappointment. Not sure why, but blech. I was supposed to get 3 sets of 125x2, but instead I got 2,1,1. Just wasn't in the tank.
    wzenwfbfm7b3.gif

Deadlifts, while not going according to plan, still made me happy. I got 2 sets of 2 at 290lbs. I tried a 3rd set but felt form breaking so I stopped. So much happier with the form on these ones!
    j2f65zx5k3w4.gif

And then my latest love... Leg press... Did 3x12x500lbs 😁 and I think I'm going for 550 next time!
    da8xnccc2t45.gif

I also did lat pull downs, skull crushers, leg extensions, leg curls, and DB hammer curls.

All in all I'm pretty happy!
    Options
    Lifted tonight. Bench was a disappointment. Not sure why, but blech. I was supposed to get 3 sets of 125x2, but instead I got 2,1,1. Just wasn't in the tank.
    wzenwfbfm7b3.gif

Deadlifts, while not going according to plan, still made me happy. I got 2 sets of 2 at 290lbs. I tried a 3rd set but felt form breaking so I stopped. So much happier with the form on these ones!
    j2f65zx5k3w4.gif

And then my latest love... Leg press... Did 3x12x500lbs 😁 and I think I'm going for 550 next time!
    da8xnccc2t45.gif

I also did lat pull downs, skull crushers, leg extensions, leg curls, and DB hammer curls.

All in all I'm pretty happy!

I was doing a celebration dance on your behalf after seeing this Sandy (and no, i didn't gif it)