GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Yesterday's workout. But stressed because my back is not happy and I had to stop one set short on my squats. I need it to calm the eff down!

6smkb39645r2.gif

Also... For @springlering62
    u8awvk0ahpra.gif

Haha. I know, I'm so flexible hey? Hahaha

P.s. No judging the jammie pants... These things are sooooo comfy and they're long enough! 😂

100% thought you were wearing a maxi skirt and not PJ pants. That's about how far down I can get with no knee bend too.

2v96u4q2op0x.png

This evidently is referred to as 'the world's greatest stretch' and the movement that smacked me in the face with my rigidity. Tried to do the elbow touch and was a several inches off the ground... I'm 32 years old.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Yesterday's workout. But stressed because my back is not happy and I had to stop one set short on my squats. I need it to calm the eff down!

6smkb39645r2.gif

u8awvk0ahpra.gif

P.s. No judging the jammie pants... These things are sooooo comfy and they're long enough! 😂

100% thought you were wearing a maxi skirt and not PJ pants. That's about how far down I can get with no knee bend too.

2v96u4q2op0x.png

This evidently is referred to as 'the world's greatest stretch' and the movement that smacked me in the face with my rigidity. Tried to do the elbow touch and was a several inches off the ground... I'm 32 years old.

It all depends on which muscles are your nemesis, I think. I can do the elbow one not too bad, but my hams and ITB are brutally tight. Maybe from sitting at an office desk all day.

We should create a yoga thread and then force ourselves to gif a daily stretch! haha. Maybe that'd get me stretching!
  • KickassAmazon76
    steveko89 wrote: »

6smkb39645r2.gif

u8awvk0ahpra.gif

2v96u4q2op0x.png

It all depends on which muscles are your nemesis, I think. I can do the elbow one not too bad, but my hams and ITB are brutally tight. Maybe from sitting at an office desk all day.

We should create a yoga thread and then force ourselves to gif a daily stretch! haha. Maybe that'd get me stretching!

@springlering62 would you be interested in leading something like that? A stretch a day? Even if you're not doing it by gif, even picking one and posting a link... it could be a fun thing to do first thing every day. Just a thought. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I used to be able to put my leg behind my head, over-splits, etc ..but it's been too many years! I am tight in my hips/glutes. I've been adding some stretching and/or yoga to my routine this week.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member

@springlering62 would you be interested in leading something like that? A stretch a day? Even if you're not doing it by gif, even picking one and posting a link... it could be a fun thing to do first thing every day. Just a thought. :)

Thanks for the shout out, but I’m not certified and have a general issue with people who instruct who aren’t.

I will say, though, my very favorite stretch is a simple hip circle. It loosens up a lot of joints and helps with back pain and stiffness in particular.

You just sit cross legged and rotate your body over your hips in a circle. Then do the other direction. Then cross your legs the other way and do both directions again. At least ten each way.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member

Thanks for the shout out, but I’m not certified and have a general issue with people who instruct who aren’t.

I will say, though, my very favorite stretch is a simple hip circle. It loosens up a lot of joints and helps with back pain and stiffness in particular.

You just sit cross legged and rotate your body over your hips in a circle. Then do the other direction. Then cross your legs the other way and do both directions again. At least ten each way.

I can't even sit cross legged...that's how stiff my hip is
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member

I can't even sit cross legged...that's how stiff my hip is

I have those days. Instead of sitting cross legged, I stand and do exaggerated hula hoop moves.

Or, get on your hands and knees, and make sexy hip circles, and rock hips toward the ground on either side.

Or a standing wide legged forward fold and basically jiggle, rock, or circle hips for some relief.

One of my favorite poses to loosen up hips and low back, is just to lay flat on my stomach and vigorously shake my hips back and forth. If you get some good action going, it’s amazing what a good shake will do!

You might check out yin yoga. It’s a very slow and gentle yoga practice with long holds, mostly done at mat level, rather than standing. Anecdotally it is supposed to help rebuild fascia, the filmy sheets of stuff between muscles like you see when cutting up a chicken. Fascia decreases with age.

There are different sequences for different parts of the body.

A hip series will usually include (you can google these) a kneeling lunge on each side, “dragonfly” pose, janushasasana, lizard, and some form of pigeon pose.

Each side is held 3-5 minutes, with a minute of resting on your back between pairs, depending on the instructor, so you can typically get about six poses in per hour session.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Keep up the great work everyone. New target goal for being cleared to lift is labor day. hope to be joining you all soon but mine will take a while to get back to w here they should be but at least I will be able to do it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    stljam wrote: »
    Keep up the great work everyone. New target goal for being cleared to lift is labor day. hope to be joining you all soon but mine will take a while to get back to w here they should be but at least I will be able to do it.

Yay!! This is so awesome! Take your time in the speed with which you come back... It will be worth it! Can't wait to see that first post, no matter what the weight is!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Week two of reintroducing squat singles into training while more than likely eating in a caloric deficit for first time in 3-4 years.

These lifts are incredible. 😍 Thank you for sharing them!!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Super stoked!!! I did 120lb x 2 for three sets tonight! (former 1RM was 115lb).

125lbs...im coming for you!!!

szinzup9qc6m.gif

You got this Sandy! Rooting for you
  • KickassAmazon76
    9pqhwu2ljome.gif

That was last night. Today is a rest day. 😁