2024 semaglutide (ozempic/wegovy) support

Options
124»

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Veggie_mama - I would look into getting a dietician consult if I were in your position. Get some professional advice.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Nova wrote: »
    The Ozempic/Wegovy debate has been moved to the debate forum. Carry on regarding the Original Posters message here.

I had no idea that this was a thing 😊
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not 2 weeks waiting to get my initial prescription filled 😟
  • azkunk
    Options
    Feeling hungry lately and craving sweets. Upped the dose to 1.0 on Friday. I hope it starts to kick in soon.
  • brandice65
    brandice65 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have just started back on MFP and just had my first Wegovy shot yesterday. I need to accountable and hope to meet others that are on this journey. I currently weigh 298 as of this morning. I am short so I probably should weigh anything below 150 but I have made that a long term goal. I am 58 and really need to get my health in a much better place. Thanks for reading. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Jbclingner
    Jbclingner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there gang! I am 56 and started taking Semaglutide in November. I am taking 50 units now and I think I found my “sweet spot”. I am down 20 lbs so far! My question is what does everyone eat in a regular basis? Macros and calories. I feel I could be doing better it I had a bit more information on what to eat. Hope everyone is having a great day happy Monday!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Currently on 1.0mg (about to step to the next level this coming Saturday) and am currently 18 pounds down from my start on December 3, 2023. Thanks for creating this new chain and space for people to come together about this. There is a lot of negative connotation out there that this medication is a "cheat" or a "quick fix" and that is the furthest thing from the truth. I've posted on other discussions recently about my journey and fighting that stigma. Glad to see a positive space for sharing! :smiley:
  • 2LOSE10BY0727
    2LOSE10BY0727 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started taking "Zepbound", two weeks ago which is a similar drug to Ozempic/Wegovy (although a differernt compound). It completely stops your appetite (I almost never get hungry), so I am able to eat smaller portions. I also noticed that I don't have the obsession with food that I had before. I do have the constipation, though, but it doesn't bother me too much. The weight loss is slow, but steady. Long way to go.
  • smokieriver
    smokieriver Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    I'm taking Metformin 1000mg. Combined with my discipline, I have lost a bunch. 30 lbs since Nov. 1st and reached normal BMI 2 weeks ago. Too fast that I "let go" and indulged in the New Year and the Lunar New Yr celebrations.

I'd like to lose 10 more lbs to be near middle of normal BMI range.

I consume quite a lot of plain coffee (2 cups from 8am to 3pm) and occasionally energy drinks though. Otherwise I feel emotionally "blue", I guess from low calories or low carbs.
  • yhbgjhv64q
    yhbgjhv64q Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started ozempic 30 June 23 and so far lost 17kg
  • glp1curious
    glp1curious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yhbgjhv64q wrote: »
    Started ozempic 30 June 23 and so far lost 17kg

Congratulations!

Are you mixing in any strength training to combat the little muscle loss that happens (in all forms of rapid weight loss)?
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Makes me so sad…I was prescribed the beginner dose of Wegovy 7 weeks ago and still haven’t been able to get it 😥
  • njguay
    njguay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How is it going now for you?
  • ajmcforever0316
    ajmcforever0316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! New here! Started Zepbound 2.5 today for a month then my dr is moving me up to 5mg then we will talk about how I’m feeling and moving to 7.5 and so on if I want. My question is how long after someone started this journey did you see results?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Poking my head in to the thread to say that my Dr is suggesting one of these semaglutides for my NAFLD.

I’m a T2 diabetic, but my A1C is well controlled on Metformin alone.

That said, it would be awesome to get that liver back to something resembling normal.

Not sure which I will be prescribed.
  • brandice65
    brandice65 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started wegovy .25 on Feb 9th as of today, I am on my third shot of .50 and have lost 23 lbs. I am tracking no matter what I eat, and some days are not overly good. I have another 150 lbs to go. I am not sure if I should fast with being on this meds. I did one 24 hours, just because I was not hungery. Has anyone else fasted while taking wegovey or ozempic? I see it has been since January since people have been posting. Is there another group that is working with the wegovy and ozempic? Thanks Brandi
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    brandice65 wrote: »
    I started wegovy .25 on Feb 9th as of today, I am on my third shot of .50 and have lost 23 lbs. I am tracking no matter what I eat, and some days are not overly good. I have another 150 lbs to go. I am not sure if I should fast with being on this meds. I did one 24 hours, just because I was not hungery. Has anyone else fasted while taking wegovey or ozempic? I see it has been since January since people have been posting. Is there another group that is working with the wegovy and ozempic? Thanks Brandi

I would be extremely cautious about fasting in any case. (Not intermittent fasting, that’s different)

If you’re not feeling hungry, you should probably at the very least, have a meal replacement shake or something similar like a nutritious smoothie. Going for any length of time without a base level of nutrition is unwise.

As always, discuss with your doctor. I am not a medical professional.
  • Donzzzzzz
    Donzzzzzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brandice65 wrote: »

One problem with a short term fast is the inability to do a proper refeed on a GLP1 drug. Your weekly average calories and protein would be quite low if you fast on these drugs. Otherwise I think a day or two fast is a great idea to improve insulin sensitivity.

On my least hungry day I still try to reach my protein goal.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So I just started the low dose of Semaglutide Sunday night. What a difference!! The food noise is completely gone. I have small snacks through the day and a small dinner. Even when I start craving something in mg head my body says no. It’s wild ! I have over 100 to lose to get to a healthy BMI so I’ll be on it for a while 🤞🏻it works for me because I need it