2024 semaglutide (ozempic/wegovy) support

Options

Replies

• lifesjustpeachy
    lifesjustpeachy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My clean eating since Jan 2 has resulted in a couple pounds weight loss. Today I took the first dose of Mounjaro 2.5. Almost exactly two hours later a wave of nausea swept over me lasting about an hour. Thankfully that was it so far.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    edited January 12
    Options
    Well, I got my A1C blood test diabetes results today. I’m very happy. The number is 5.5. I’m not even in a prediabetic range. I’m still taking .5 mg. Of ozempic. The next step is to speak to my doctor about stopping ozempic. I don’t think she wants me to, but I feel nauseous quite often, and don’t want this to become a permanent thing. I think it’s a great drug, but 11 months on it is a long time.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 561 Member
    edited January 12
    Options
    Well, I got my A1C blood test diabetes results today. I’m very happy. The number is 5.5. I’m not even in a prediabetic range. I’m still taking .5 mg. Of ozempic. The next step is to speak to my doctor about stopping ozempic. I don’t think she wants me to, but I feel nauseous quite often, and don’t want this to become a permanent thing. I think it’s a great drug, but 11 months on it is a long time.

If you do stop, would be interested to know if you experience any difficulties/negative side effects while stopping... and, if your A1c remains low afterwards when you move to a differemt approach, such as managing with food and exercise without the drug.

And, big happy dances on your good a1c results now :))
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    @EpochAhead yes, I will report back here when I figure the next step out. It may be a few weeks before I see her. I’m already being careful with logging all my food and getting exercise. I will continue to do so, and hope that makes all the difference.
  • terry221
    terry221 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went to a weight loss clinic and the Doctor recommended zepbound i have 60 plus pounds to lose and on 2 blood pressure pills and with all the research i have done it looks good and still haven't taken my first shot
  • Tabernash19
    Tabernash19 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    stephy2v wrote: »
    So glad I found your post, thank you! I have been on Wegovy since March of 2023. It was a little rough in the beginning with nausea, but over time, that was eliminated. After titration to the highest dose over several months, I am now back down
    to the 1.7 dose for maintenance. I have lost 60 pounds…pounds equal to my age. I was pre-diabetic, had hypertension, IBS, and lots of joint trouble. A couple of weeks ago, I had my bloodwork done, and am happy to celebrate my results…everything was significantly improved. No longer pre-diabetic, A1c normal, much lower blood sugar, much lower cholesterol, etc. I’ve been able to eliminate three medications. My numbers haven’t been this good in decades. Keep up the good work, and make no mistake, it still takes a lot of work and dedication. You’ve got this!
    Great job on your weight loss and improved health!
  • Tabernash19
    Tabernash19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @azkunk ---Thanks for starting this thread!

I am looking for support as I just started my first week of Wegovy (.25 mg). I have a BMI of 41 and am pre-diabetic. I have about 100 pounds of weight to lose. I have been doing great so far. Food noise is down, and I have had no negative side-effects in the first week. I am interested in learning what others are doing food wise. I have tried to up my protein, eat more veggies, and fruit, and keep away from processed foods. My aim is to get around 1,200 to 1,400 calories per day and drink at least 64 ounces of water.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My aim is to get around 1,200 to 1,400 calories per day and drink at least 64 ounces of water.

Good luck! I'm not taking a GPL-1 so I can't speak to that, but generally 1400 kcal and a bunch of water won't hurt anyone with excess weight.
  • mdavis77
    mdavis77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started rybelsus which is pill form bc I can't to injections. It's a needle thing. But I experienced mild nauseous in the beginning and at dose increases. Also constipation has continued. I am down 30 pounds since September. My A1C is down to a 5.8 and my bmi is down to 38. I am very mindful of what I am eating now and staying active. I also did experience some change in taste. Mainly with surgery items like soda and candy. Good luck to everyone.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Cowtown55 wrote: »
    Hi, Dr put me onto 30mg Alenami (aka Duromine/ Phentermine) & currently on day 5. Haven't tried weight loss medication before, so not to read up on it yet. Have noticed my heart's bpm a few beats high but not overly concerned. Also day 5 of being on this site with a loss of 3kg so far. Really can't eat all the recommended calories. Haven't been hungry much though trying to have small amounts. Definitely keeping water going with being thirsty. Had a terrible night's sleep last night & hoping it's better tonight. Cheers. 🙂

As Phentermine is ... chemically related to amphetamine and it is commonly referred to as an atypical amphetamine it's no surprise your heart rate is up and sleep is down.

You may wish to catch up on your reading.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Just started Zepbound 5mg. Anyone know what the best macros are to lose weight and retain/gain muscle?

After you've hit your minimums of fat and reached your target protein, macros are more important for satiety than anything else.

Here's a reputable protein calculator:

https://examine.com/nutrition/protein-intake-calculator/

I shoot for 500 calories of exercise per day, and when I achieve that, using the MFP default of 20% protein aligns with the protein grams recommendation from Examine. If I were completely sedentary, I'd need to bump it up.

Of course, strength training while you lose weight will also help gain/retain muscle.
  • megnjw87
    megnjw87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of Ozempic (0.25 mg). I am trying to figure out an appropriate calorie range for my size (5'5" at 302 lbs). I easily and heavily restricted my caloric intake to about 1,100 calories a day, but I am afraid this isn't enough. I've been focusing on high protein/low carb foods, and I lost about 10 lbs in 12 days doing this. I want to build a sustainable habit. I am getting the Ozempic through a weight loss clinic, and they didn't really deep dive into a calorie range for my size, and I am getting conflicting results from the internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    megnjw87 wrote: »
    I am on week 2 of Ozempic (0.25 mg). I am trying to figure out an appropriate calorie range for my size (5'5" at 302 lbs). I easily and heavily restricted my caloric intake to about 1,100 calories a day, but I am afraid this isn't enough. I've been focusing on high protein/low carb foods, and I lost about 10 lbs in 12 days doing this. I want to build a sustainable habit. I am getting the Ozempic through a weight loss clinic, and they didn't really deep dive into a calorie range for my size, and I am getting conflicting results from the internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You need to reach out to the weight loss cl inic and ask. That's what you're paying them for!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    You need to reach out to the weight loss cl inic and ask. That's what you're paying them for!

@sollyn23l2 is right. You are owed proper advice
    I easily and heavily restricted my caloric intake to about 1,100 calories a day

It is not my area, but the amount "1200 kcal" is an MFP red line. Anytime it comes up it signals something is wrong.

If you talk about 1200+/day you'll get a lot of advice and opinions. Below that number requires professional advice....and I am not a professional :)

Good luck.
  • kshama2001
    Options

I agree the the weight loss clinic should have provided this information, but am concerned that they have a financial motivation to give you a number that is too low. So here's my standard advice for fellow users of MFP:

Go here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-goals-guided or More > Goals in app.
    1. Put in your stats.
    2. normal daily activities refers to your job.
    3. Ignore How many times a week do you plan on exercising? - that does not get included in the equation. Log your exercise separately.
    4. Select Lose 2.0 pound per week for now and as you lose weight adjust per the chart:
    9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
    The resulting calories is your daily calorie budget. It's normal to go a little over or under, but since weight loss is already included in these calories, you don't want to intentionally go hundreds of calories under.

I suggest using a weight trend app, such as Happy Scale for iphone or Libra for Android.

See also: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,004 MFP Staff
    edited January 19
    Options
    The Ozempic/Wegovy debate has been moved to the debate forum. Carry on regarding the Original Posters message here.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Nova wrote: »
    The Ozempic/Wegovy debate has been moved to the debate forum.
    Smart move @Nova, thanks.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    I’ve been gone a few days and was out of town. I definitely feel that 0.5 is not doing it for me at this point and I talked to my doctor and got my dose increased to 1.0. I’m a little afraid of side effects jumping from 0.5 to 1.0 so I took 0.75 today since I still had a 0.5 dose pen. I started exercising a bit more and it has made me very hungry. I’m hoping the dose increase will counteract that. I will probably take 0.75 next week as well and then up to the 1.0

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I’m so excited to see the positive interaction and support on this board.
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on semaglutide for 7 months (presently 12 lbs down), current 1mg dose. I am vegetarian, work out 6 days a week and don’t eat sweets. Not sure of what’s going on. Always in calorie deficit, too.