2024 semaglutide (ozempic/wegovy) support

Options

Replies

• jpate0914
    jpate0914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I took my 1st dose of wegovy yesterday and the nausea last night was awful. I'm a lil better this afternoon. Hoping for success.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I met with my doctor yesterday and I am going to begin Wegovy. Unfortunately, Walgreens is out of stock so there is going to be a delay. I am hoping this will help me get past that initial craving hump that has ruined so many of my efforts before.
  • richardprimerano793
    richardprimerano793 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Just started Zepbound 5mg. Anyone know what the best macros are to lose weight and retain/gain muscle?
  • karenmorgan946517
    karenmorgan946517 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On my second week of oz. So glad the food chapter is reduced but still figuring out constipation. 177 down to 161 lost most of it before oz.
  • Evans1035
    Evans1035 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is zepbound?
    Also what does “you can use bbc code in your post mean?
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Not a bad weekend. I stayed on track and made a workout plan to go with the new home gym. I even worked out today 💪🏼

@jpate0914 - hope you’re feeling better today

@briantime - I hope Walgreens gets your Wegovy in stock soon.

@richardprimerano793 - I have been trying to figure out the macro thing myself. I am focusing on staying < 50g carbs.

@karenmorgan946517 - increasingly fiber and miralax has helped

@Evans1035 - you got this!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Zepbound is another brand of Mounjaro.
    Calories are for weight loss.
    Macros are for health. They can also help you stay within calorie goals. Experiment just a little to see what macros make you feel better.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    @azkunk my A1C was 5.8 three months ago. I’m having it done again tomorrow.I hope it’s lower. It was well over 6 points when I was diagnosed 11 months ago. My doctor was happy with 5.8, however, I’d like it lower as I may stop taking ozempic soon if I can. I also want to stop taking the blood pressure medication as my blood pressure is normal now.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Melwillbehealthy - that’s great. I am curious to see what my A1C does. I was 6.1 in November 😬 My fasting BG instantly improved when I started ozempic. I would love to improve my BP and get off meds. Great job!

@mebranni9an - you are 30% towards your goal. Great job!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I have an appointment with my doctor in a few weeks. I am going to discuss a prescription. I am not sure if my healthcare group offers semaglutide, but I'm going to find out.
  • Cowtown55
    Cowtown55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dr put me onto 30mg Alenami (aka Duromine/ Phentermine) & currently on day 5. Haven't tried weight loss medication before, so not to read up on it yet. Have noticed my heart's bpm a few beats high but not overly concerned. Also day 5 of being on this site with a loss of 3kg so far. Really can't eat all the recommended calories. Haven't been hungry much though trying to have small amounts. Definitely keeping water going with being thirsty. Had a terrible night's sleep last night & hoping it's better tonight. Cheers. 🙂
  • sunshine37001
    sunshine37001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Semaglutide last week and go for my second injection today. When did you all start to feel it working? I know it’s a process but I’m so anxious and almost sitting waiting for SE’s to show their ugly face.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @sunshine37001 - what dose are you on? I started at 0.25 but I didn’t feel like it was doing anything. Wk 3, I upped it to 0.5mg and started to have success.

@Cowtown55 - I am not familiar with those meds. Best of luck, you got this!

@chris_in_cal - good luck with your doc and insurance. I was pleasantly surprised that mine was covered
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    @sunshine37001 I believe ozempic started working immediately. I started on .25 mg. And lost 10 lbs. in the first month! It was the boost I needed to get started on this weight loss journey. Losing weight like that so easily really inspired me to make sure I continued to lose by watching my calories, and by very, slowly adding in exercise. Now, I log all my food and look forward to my various exercise activities. There’s just no comparison between the state of my health then, and now.
  • Cowtown55
    Cowtown55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @azkunk slept like a log last night. Hubby barely slept for a change. Usually he keeps waking me up hogging the bed or coughing.
  • lifesjustpeachy
    lifesjustpeachy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Yesterday marked one full week of clean eating for me since getting my diagnosis. Have managed to lose a couple pounds in that time. CVS is struggling to get the Mounjaro 2.5 in stock. Yesterday my doctor called and wanted to know how my first week on the medication was going. He was disappointed when told that I don’t yet have it. My glucose testing kit and BP monitor should be arriving today from Livongo. This is going to be a long bumpy ride.
  • caa4230
    caa4230 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your increased A1C after being on Keto was possibly caused by the Keto itself. I had the same issue and investigated with Endocrinologist and Nutritionist. When I came off Keto and added carbs back into my diet my AIC went from diabetic to NORMAL!. My understanding is that when you starve your body carbs (sugar)(your brain needs sugar) your liver will overcompensate and produce sugar so your body gets what it needs. I was able to avoid medication. Nutritionist has me on a balanced diet and plenty of exercise. It's working.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @caa4230 - that’s interesting. The 30 g total carb limit was just not doable for me. Feeling better doing this modified low-carb diet and I can’t wait to see my next A1C

@lifesjustpeachy - I’m sorry you’re having trouble getting your medication. Congrats for having a week of cleaning.

@Cowtown55 - it’s my dogs that keep me up at night.