Charge 6 opinions

Options
Considering one…used to have the basic Fitbit. Wondering if this is worth the purchase. If not, opinions on others though I’m not a runner and most others seem to track for that. Thanks!

Best Answers

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have the Charge 6 that I upgraded from the Charge 4. I’ve also previously had the Inspire HR. What I liked about the Charge is the built in GPS instead of having to pair it with my phone for GPS walks or runs. I also REALLY like the heart rate info and sleep info. I didn’t realize how much I would like that data until I had owned it for a few weeks. What I’m unhappy about is that the Charge 6 does not count the stair climbing that the Charge 4 did. I’m not sure why they took away that feature.

I’m pretty committed to the Fitbit brand for social reasons (my family members are also on Fitbit). If I ever decided not to wear a Fitbit I’d change to Garmin for more running data.

If you don’t wear a fitness tracker at all, the thing that I enjoyed most when I first started wearing a Fitbit was simply checking the time of day on my wrist. I hadn’t been wearing a wristwatch for several years and enjoyed that.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I started with a very basic fitbit, the flex, then upgraded to the first Charge. Went through a few more upgrades with Charges over the years, my last one was the 5. It stopped giving me movement reminders and goal achievement notifications (which is half the fun of the darned things) within warranty so I got a replacement... with exactly the same issues.

So I was tentatively looking at the Charge 6 for my next tracker, but still having the impression that each new iteration of this thing has been buggier than the last. I saw that they'd added a whole bunch of fancy new features, none of which I had any use for. I dropped down to the Inspire 3 which had all the features of the Charge line that I wanted without paying for superfluous extras in the 6.

You may want to consider a lower-end model if you don't want all the bells and whistles of the Charge 6.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    If you're a person for whom a tracker estimates pretty close to accurately, and you would wear it 24x7 (except when charging, of course), syncing a tracker to MFP (with negative adjustments enabled) can be a pretty easy way to proceed. Less manual input.