WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    BARBARA ~ Happiest of Birthdays to You! fd75tc8ipt5d.png

Please add my name and pic to your note to Katla. I think we have all missed her!

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Could you add some knee push ups to your planks? I do planks Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and push ups the other days.( I also have dumbbells sitting there on the bed. ) I used to do full push ups, but those days are gone.

My food is on rotation. I have a list of favourites, and it often depends wwhich vegetables are coming to the end of their shelf life. Just very occasionally, I get decision fatigue, and then it's John who takes over. I need things that are easy, and often I get the prep done early afternoon, so there is only finishing off to do at 6 pm. I don't feel like cooking then. Might be Hairy Bikers tomorrow in honour of Dave Myers. :'(
    Lunch is usually some kind of sandwich. Different breads, and fillings. Occasionally Dim Sum, or Scotch Eggs.
    I don't snack much any more. Today I had some Parmesan rind, because I was really hungry. So, three meals a day. I really look forward to dinner. It's always fabulous. :p

Love Heather UK
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,085 Member
    Options
    ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for bringing us into March..Got Doris all set..stopped and paid a bill and went to 2 banks and 2 grocery stores.. I am sore all over.. why I don't know..plus I didn't sleep well..
    Tracy has bad morning sickness ,and she eats small snacks throughout the day.pretzels ,animal crackers,fruit..
    cu9ip5wma5zq.jpg
    crdfn710kq55.jpg
    m36xptyozgd4.jpg
    pv3fnj58bslx.jpg
    Gathering eggs and counting them.

Allie-I love these photos.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Debbie, I was thinking one way to deal with your mean MIL would be to make bets with your husband about what she is going to complain about. See if you can make a game out of it. I bet first complaint is about your arrival time, and last is about the dog.

Annie from Delaware

I love that idea- , we do bet on how crazy she will be but haven't tried the what she will complain about first part.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    G

A correction for a mistake I didn't notice in time enough to fix the error - we paid the house off last July, not "yesterday." Was going to say "It feels like yesterday," and somehow left off the rest of that context! It does feel that way, and was a mental and emotional triumph and a huge milestone for me and Corey, but it was not actually yesterday. 😊

The X-ray this afternoon is, I think, the last of the hoops to jump through to start the Stelara. The estradiol cream came in and I began using it on Tuesday. These feel as if some of the barriers in the obstacle course are being conquered. One heart stress test next week, then the heart ultrasound the first week of April, and the last obstacle surmounted to either move forward with the stroke preventer or take another path. I will see the orthopod again in two weeks to see what, if anything, can be done for the pain in my knees.

That is, as of this writing, the last of the big obstacles. Trying to juggle Crohn's disease, 24-7 A-fib, post-menopausal atrophy, and knee issues all at once is no fun--but I have for the time being at least, conquered anemia that was complicating everything, and gotten my overall health in much better shape. I've felt an awful lot worse than I do right now. I'm grateful to feel better, and the rest will be what it is.
    [/spoiler]
    Goals were a mixed bag for February:

Time to get moving - Corey will be calling soon for my "good morning" call...

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

We paid our house off about 7-8 yrs ago- that was the biggest thing dh wanted to do before he retired. Paid the house off and six months later he retired(then went back part time, within the restrictions of his pension.
    It feels so great not having that monthly bill- We have the basic bills plus property tax, etc of course but not having that mortgage payment or car payment has been nice.

Debbie
    Napa Valley.

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Walked MIL's dog this morning in between showers-did sprinkle a little so we jogged part of the way(it was down hill)
    Planned on walking the wetlands but not sure if I will- will put my rain pants on with my rain jacket but won't do the full hour. Winds are blowing hard still- hard to walk in 24mph winds-add in the cold rain. May just sit in the car and wait for her. I have already hit 6 out of 5 days of exercise so I can skip this afternoon.
    Will catch up here when I get back.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday Barbara! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Barbara Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)drkatie your books don't appeal to me but they reinforce my conviction that one's spiritual program will have a solution to life's problems. I hope this works for you
    <3 Barbie
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Happy Birthday. Will read more of the posts tomorrow.

Still feeling much better. Walked in the evening and did lunges which is very unusual and today I did some light yoga and walked. Ate 1200 calories.

Reading a little bit about Ozempic. I wonder if it is worth it to take it for 3 months and then stop. This would be a big decision but my weight is in the 190s now. I am feeling better so maybe I will move more on my own.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited March 2
    Options
    Barbara Happy birthday!

My Hunger Habit book got better at about chapter 16. I think his techniques are excellent for one part of the overeating problem. But I still think finding the right kind and amount of food to eat by listening to my body will never work.

I talked to the online Pharmacy Technician school, Penn Foster, and it was sad. No answer to basic questions like what percentage of people finish? And they used cheap sales tactics. Not exactly an exclusive school. I would be paying $1000 and they can't quantify what I get for my money. Plus they want us to write essays. That's kind of ridiculous for this job training. I might do it anyway, but I'm not expecting much. I mostly need pacing help to get me through the material. Hmm.

Annie in Delaware

Have a look at job ads for Pharmacy Technicians and see if they indicate a certain level or type of certification you need. That might help you decide where to attend.

When I've been job hunting, I've done that ... looked to see what qualifications the positions I'm most interested in want from applicants.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    I am down 2.2 pounds this week! Yay! At 181.2 Yay! CICO for the win! Really CICO taught me what reasonable portions and reasonable foods are. MFP helped me boost my protein and fiber to feel full. Weighing every day keeps my mind on my priority. And you ladies inspire me and support me through my emotional and social needs. Thank you so much! When my dad frustrates and scares me, I post about it instead of turning to the fridge. So much better for me! Thank you!

Annie in Delaware

CI<CO works for me too. In fact, it is sometimes amazing how well it works.

I eat basically the same things over and over and that works for me because I have determined portion size and calorie amounts for those things. It's when I eat extra things or deviate from my pattern, I run into trouble.

M in Oz