JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 8th March

THink before I eat ❌
    No snacking ❌
    No eating after 6.30 pm ❌
    PF exercises ❌
    Back exercises ❌
    Grocery shopping ✅
    Drop off charity donations ✅

Really don't feel like doing anything today, it's cold!

Disasterous day for food yesterday, like I just didn't care.

Today I will get back on an even keel, and at least do the plantar faciitis exercises, as they are important.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Me: "I want to lose weight!"

Also me: *eats 3 McDonald's last week*

Sigh, there's getting off track and there's completely derailing yourself

I've NEVER had that many in one week.

But on the 3rd one though I did say to Ash "maybe we shouldnt do this again because it's not exactly healthy" he kind of half agreed 😂

He can go through random phases of stuff, it will run it's course. But he can lose weight with a click of his fingers whilst I have to put tremendous amounts of effort in.

I have spent most the morning trying to find an app for yoga which I both like the layout AND it's free. Seems I can't have both. It's either a rubbish app or costs money.

Fed up of being achy and inflexible. My knees ache and the pain in my ankle is still there, the Dr said it sounded like Achilles tendonitis, get it checked this Wednesday.
    I'm only 31 and I feel like if I don't do anything NOW, I'll seriously regret it in the future.

My nan had two knee replacements. My mum has arthritis in her ankles and I'm just like 😬

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Fed up of being achy and inflexible. My knees ache and the pain in my ankle is still there, the Dr said it sounded like Achilles tendonitis, get it checked this Wednesday.
    I'm only 31 and I feel like if I don't do anything NOW, I'll seriously regret it in the future.

@Bex953172 I'm double your age, and still struggling with my weight. I've lost it so many times, but never maintained properly.

If I could give my younger self one piece of advice, it would be to take it more seriously, lose the weight, then learn to maintain the lower weight. It would have made such a difference to my life, and I wouldn't have spent the last 30 years yo-yoing up and down, and being uncomfortable with weight/clothes/extra pain etc.

If you can get a handle on it now, while you're still young, I can *guarantee* you will not regret it!

(Actually, I'd need to tell younger self two things, the other being don't go anywhere near one particular now-ex lol)

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Off rails yesterday
    But gonna make today better

Goals
    Work out
    Caloric def w exercise 500 cal
    No more than 2 beers
    Try to get at least 1/2 tax stuff together
    Shoulder work
    Log all calories

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Back again. I had a short but lovely break in FL with my husband and my amazing father-in-law who is 95 and still playing golf four or five days a week. It was nice to have a few days to just relax and enjoy their company. I actually finished the book I brought along, spent some time in the pool, and got in a good bit of walking. I also visited a lovely botanical garden with my husband. After a dreary week of rain and clouds in NJ, it was a delight to see all the color!

Back home and back to the reality of too little time with too much to do, so I spent the week playing catch-up with my classes and chores. My car was in the shop on Tuesday for a scheduled repair, so I moved my visit to Mom's to Thursday. Then my daughter's car started acting up, so I wound up spending the day with her and didn't get down to Mom's until dinner, which meant I didn't get home until late.

Fortunately, I don't have much on this weekend. Today's a quiet day with rain predicted, so I'll do a few things around the house and maybe read the second book in the sci-fi trilogy my husband recommended. My son runs a robotics team for the school where he teaches, so my husband and I are going to the meet on Sunday. Then a quiet evening in before another busy week - at least I'm not bored :D

March goals:
    Get back to logging and posting regularly
    Sort clothes by size and season, and donate/discard what I don't need
    Garden clean-up
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/8/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/4)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 11.✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/5)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/6)✔️
    14) No tamales ok today. (last 3/7)✔️
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking..✔️

JFT for 3/9/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/4)
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 11.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/5)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/8)
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• AndreaMoore2024
    AndreaMoore2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I’m a Newby here
    I’m Andrea Moore
    Want to lose 30 pounds
    My CW is 179
    My Gl is 150 then add 10 pound of muscle
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Me: "I want to lose weight!"

Also me: *eats 3 McDonald's last week*
    Sigh, there's getting off track and there's completely derailing yourself
    I've NEVER had that many in one week.
    But on the 3rd one though I did say to Ash "maybe we shouldnt do this again because it's not exactly healthy" he kind of half agreed 😂
    He can go through random phases of stuff, it will run it's course. But he can lose weight with a click of his fingers whilst I have to put tremendous amounts of effort in.
    I have spent most the morning trying to find an app for yoga which I both like the layout AND it's free. Seems I can't have both. It's either a rubbish app or costs money.
    My nan had two knee replacements. My mum has arthritis in her ankles and I'm just like 😬

@Bex -- your post so resonated with me!! My willpower is there, but then, I like to eat.
    But.. one thing I will tell you.. which for me, while not exactly "scale" related, but exercise related.
    I've always been a walker.. almost my entire life. I am going to be 74 in July. I can still easily walk 6-8 miles at one time. I have not had any knee or hip replacement problems... I only have a little arthritis in my hip, but I know this only because my bone scan showed it.. I never ache. (Unless I exercise too much and get leg cramps!). I am not on any medications for anything. So I am a firm believer in exercise.. whatever kind you can find that you love. How about bike riding with your girls? You can find used bikes for a low price. Or even just going to the park and running with them. When our kids were little, we used to take them to the high school track, and they had fun seeing how far they could run.. while we ran the track. I can't "run" anymore because I think walking is better, but its moving!
    You are so young, and you can start now instead of waiting until you see health issues.
    As for the weight.. ha.. you would think as much as I exercise I would be as thin as can be. So while I am about 20 pounds overweight .. I am a lot more muscle (which weighs more). I am more firm that I used to be at this weight. And to be honest... I would rather feel good, and be strong, than be thin and weaker.
    Even at McDonalds .. if you look at the calories, you can eat there and stay within calories. (A Egg McMuffin or Cheeseburger is less than 400 calories). If you average 600-700 a meal... that is still low enough calories to lose.
    For me, my meals are OK.. its the snacking in the evening. So I'm starting to make protein bars, and if I have just one of those.. it keeps me from snacking all evening!
    I know you can do this!!

• mytime6630
    edited March 9
    Options
    Again, I'm not logging my food. Why is this so hard for me to take the time to do!! But ... I am trying to eat more protein, which helps a lot with the nite snacking. Last week I made protein bars.. they are so good. They are just 3 cups oatmeal, 1 cup protein powder (I used chocolate), 1 cup peanut butter, and 1/2 cup lite syrup. It makes about 12 bars.. and they are good size, take awhile to eat, and keeps me full.
    Today I'm working on quilting again. Got the gym in already, which always starts my day out in a good way. The next 3 days weather will be back in the 60s... so I am hoping to get the bike spoke fixed on my bike. That is my goal this year .. to get back to biking again!
    Hope you all have a great day! We can do this!! It is a journey.. the scale will go up and down, but it is for our health.. not just a number on the scale.
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of the year.
    SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0
    Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211
    Jan 21: 210. 6.
    Jan 28:207.2
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    Feb 4: 206
    Feb 11: 207
    Feb 18: 210.
    Feb 25:205.8
    March 3: 206.2
    March 10:
    March 17:
    March 24:
    March 31:

• mytime6630
    Options
    Not weightloss related.. but this is why I just don't get on here as much!! These will be for my grandsons high school graduation. One is all his tshirts from little on up.. he is a big KC chiefs fan ... and also from michigan. Ha.. now just have to quilt the 2 sports one. I may wait and just give him the KC quilt.. and save the michigan one for xmas. My plan was to do a reversible quilt... but worried I'll ruin one side.!

gajbyfx02s6h.jpg
    s6qej508027a.jpg
    lskcp4blminv.jpg[/spoiler}
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    @AndreaMoore2024 Welcome! Always love to have another one join JFT. A very supportive, non-judgmental group.

@mytime6630 Beautiful quilts, Joan! I really like the t-shirts one, so cute. And the Chiefs/football one is nice too, even if I'm a Packers fan. LOL

Recap 3/8 F ~ forecast for rain all day
    1) Make pea soup (use ham bone from freezer) ~ yum! / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) PT exercises / log on MMW for challenge / 7500 steps 6,000 steps & no PT or dog walk so didn't complete the challenge. Sad me. In hindsight, I could've walked dog before my appt b/c rain held off until then, but radar & sky showed otherwise, and I didn't want to be 1 1/2 miles from home when rain actually started. Oh well.
    3) Haircut/color 12:30 / pack up snowman decorations / return boxes to basement / read / declutter ~ mostly digital but anything is good / wash dishes / other? gave dog a good brushing, boiled eggs :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 3/9 Sat.
    1) Leftovers & side salad for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Locate doc for tax prep ~ realized info was on form already provided (whew) but at least papers on/around my desk are somewhat organized & decluttered... Seriously, need to stop doing the pile method!!! / verify A accts online / pay bill, pledge, membership / add address change to phone & labels / read / wash dishes / set clocks ahead before bed / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      planned overnight visit 3.14-3.15
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • forwewalkbyfaith
    forwewalkbyfaith Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday 03/08

Bible Study 🌿
    Water 64 oz 🌿
    Steps 7500 🌿
    30 counter pushups 🌿
    Add to my Food Diary 🌿
    Choose to be happy 🌿

All was done, not so much today.

• forwewalkbyfaith
    forwewalkbyfaith Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday 10

Bible Study
    Water 64 oz
    Steps 7500
    30 counter pushups
    30 squats
    Outside 30 minutes moving
    Add to my Food Diary
    Choose to be happy
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/9/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/4)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 11.✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/5)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/8)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 3/10/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 3/6)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/9)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/8)
    14) Girlfriend coming to spend day, so can be flexible with meals.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post goals on Friday. I did keep them in my head.
    Saturday is the same and Sunday will be too. I’ll be back on Monday.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/10/24 (today)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/10/24 (today)✔️

Sample