MARCH 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Many happy returns for Friday @ContraryMaryMary

Nice work @Aquarian - keep it up!

We had signs of spring, and then the rains returned! Swapped long run days as the offspring were home for Mothering Sunday.

Really not sure how to approach going further with 5 weeks to the marathon. Slowed it down on Saturday to stretch out the miles. HR just keeps increasing and by mile 15 it was up at 160. Perhaps better carb loading on the day before would help.
    7lc4myczlexv.png
    Any insights greatly appreciated.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Nice run @emptydog . I hope your appointment goes well today!

Great job overcoming your inner sloth and getting in a good run @Laurz9191 .

@kgirlhart Congrats on signing up for the Possums Revenge! Great running and I hope you enjoy the trails.

Great run @Leigh_b .

@TheMrWobbly I really don't have any insights for you. Maybe you just have to let your HR go above 160 bpm, unless there is a medical reason not to. What would happen if you walked a bit when it starts creeping up?

@martaindale Sounds like you had a great walk with your kid. I hope they will continue walking with you.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your age group placement @eleanorhawkins ! I'm sure you will do great on the next race too.

@yirara Sorry your runs have been hard lately. Hang in there. It's bound to get better, right?
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Killing it @Laurz9191 🙌🏽