Flirting

Options
ShapeUpSidney
ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
It's normal. It's natural...and I'm sure everyone does it.

So why does it make you feel like absolute dirt when your partner does it? Or is that just me.

When I see my partner ogling facebook photos of other women, or making complimentary posts about their photos...it makes me want to curl up into a ball and die.

This can't be healthy, normal behavior. What can I do to overcome it?

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's an issue with yourself. You need to find the self-love and confidence in yourself you deserve. It's human nature to look...to compliment...to "flirt". Love yourself, be comfortable in your skin, and you won't see this bothering you as much.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Truly, my hubby never comments about another female in front of me! What a great guy!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Honestly... there is nothing wrong in a little playful flirting... however, what he is doing isn't flirting it is just disrespectful to you. Have you spoken to him about it? He needs to know its bothering you.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    That's an issue with yourself. You need to find the self-love and confidence in yourself you deserve. It's human nature to look...to compliment...to "flirt". Love yourself, be comfortable in your skin, and you won't see this bothering you as much.

But I love the way I look, so I don't get why I'm so bothered...
  • Hollywood821
    Options
    Men are visual creatures (so are women if you want my opinion). As long as your boyfriend is coming home to you, don't sweat it!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Im actually the same exact way. Weird thing is i have never seen my bf even flirt with girls! But when I see them checking him out i get all annoyed inside

I just keep telling myself he chose ME and isnt going to leave me for anyone else :]
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    He should keep the comments to himself. He can mentally say and think whatever but as respect twords the woman he is with (you) then those flirtatious comments shouldnt even happen and maybe you shouldnt either because maybe it makes him feel the same way and since you do it he probably thinks its ok to do.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I only pout about it, if he's not telling me how sexy, hot, beautiful I AM. If he did that for me first and foremost, I wouldn't care who he ogled..... and he knows this, yet he still does it. Men...... :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way...if he gets all turned on by some hot piece of *kitten* he LOOKS at, you can reap the benefits later. Catch my drift?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Truly, my hubby never comments about another female in front of me! What a great guy!

not helpful.

to OP: sounds like something i'd talk to a doctor about. there's a difference in feeling low because you're having a bad hair day, or didn't accomplish something you wanted to do, etc and a chemical imbalance causing depression. my meds saved my job, my sanity and my life.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

My husband feels perfectly safe and secure telling me how beautiful another woman is. He is a great guy too. Truly.
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way...if he gets all turned on by some hot piece of *kitten* he LOOKS at, you can reap the benefits later. Catch my drift?

I honestly don't think any woman wants seconds... like he has to settle for you after he wants to be with another woman... You would be an idiot to think he's not thinking about her while he's doing you. THat is just sick and I refuse to be used like that.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Flirting is hurting if you are in a committed relationship, and it is disrespectful of the person you are in a relationship with even if they don't see you do it.
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    Men are visual creatures (so are women if you want my opinion). As long as your boyfriend is coming home to you, don't sweat it!

Yup. Men are voyeurs. Has nothing to do with whether or not they will cheat. They day I stop looking, close the lid on the casket.

Doesn't mean I'll ever stray, though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It's normal. It's natural...and I'm sure everyone does it.

So why does it make you feel like absolute dirt when your partner does it? Or is that just me.

When I see my partner ogling facebook photos of other women, or making complimentary posts about their photos...it makes me want to curl up into a ball and die.

This can't be healthy, normal behavior. What can I do to overcome it?

Hum, my husband doesn't do this infront of me. Not to say we don't talk about our preferences, but he's just not the type. He doesn't have a fb, but if he did he wouldn't be the person who's friends with every hot picture out there, kwim? Not to say he doesn't enjoy a little magazine or video here or there, but the other stuff just isn't his style.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

My husband feels perfectly safe and secure telling me how beautiful another woman is. He is a great guy too. Truly.

I don't think it would bother me if he was directing the comments to me. I can recognize and appreciate the beauty in other women. It's when he tells them. Like they need to know, or hear it from him...
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    My husband doesn't flirt, and neither do I. It may be natural but I personally find it disrespectful. Looking is one thing but making comments is unnecessary, to me anyway. Saying nice dress or something like that I don't consider flirting, I'm thinking more like dang you're hot is the type of flirting you're meaning.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Do you not flirt, notice attractive men/women?? If not, maybe you should start.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think any woman wants seconds... like he has to settle for you after he wants to be with another woman... You would be an idiot to think he's not thinking about her while he's doing you. THat is just sick and I refuse to be used like that.
    Really? OK, then...good luck getting him to stop looking. And just because he looks, does not mean he prefers that someone over you.
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    This is definitely not where I saw this thread going.