60% Protein 20% Fat 20% Carbs Diet

Options
Any ideas where I can find 60% Protein 20% Fat 20% Carbs Diet meal plans?

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Why so much protein? That's going to be more than most people would benefit from, even bodybuilders, unless the person has cut calories to a truly risky extreme. If you're currently overweight and here to lose, you can base protein needs estimates on a healthy goal weight. We don't need extra protein to maintain our fat mass; it's for keeping our lean mass healthy and repaired.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/ has a macro-tunable meal planner, but I don't know whether it'll go that high. MFP premium has a high-protein plan, but their plans are more of a guide than an exact meal plan with recipes, and I'm not sure it'll accommodate 60% protein either.

I'm 5'5" (165cm) and 133 pounds (60 kg) and eat more than twice the USDA minimum, i.e. high . . . but it's 100g minimum (120g more typical) so 400-480 calories worth, which is more like 25% of my pre-exercise maintenance calories.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Go with grams instead of ratios
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,898 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    I think it's pretty much humanly impossible to consume 60% of someones daily dietary calories from protein for any sustainable measure and have no idea where you thought that might be a good idea and this is coming from someone that consumes a higher than normal protein diet.

The types of food required to facilitate 60% protein would have to be from the get go all high in protein and low in fat and minimal carbs and these would pretty much leave mostly lean muscle from animals, eggs, some dairy, some legumes and I mean just a small amount because of the carbs and protein powder, pretty much. If someone was on a 1500 calorie diet which turns out to be 225g's of protein or about 2.5 lbs of striploin and if that was me I would need around 5lbs of lean meat without much fat or carbs for your percentages to work and trust me I like steak but there's no way I could eat that much per day and then day after day. that works out to 485 grams of protein and what I do consume is 185 and I'm on a higher protein diet. I suggest you talk with someone that's is in the field of nutrition for some advice before giving this a go. Also this diet leaves no room for 20% carbs and if you find lean enough protein with very little fat you might be able to get the carbs to 10% :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty much humanly impossible to consume 60% of someones daily dietary calories from protein for any sustainable measure and have no idea where you thought that might be a good idea and this is coming from someone that consumes a higher than normal protein diet.

The types of food required to facilitate 60% protein would have to be from the get go all high in protein and low in fat and minimal carbs and these would pretty much leave mostly lean muscle from animals, eggs, some dairy, some legumes and I mean just a small amount because of the carbs and protein powder, pretty much. If someone was on a 1500 calorie diet which turns out to be 225g's of protein or about 2.5 lbs of striploin and if that was me I would need around 5lbs of lean meat without much fat or carbs for your percentages to work and trust me I like steak but there's no way I could eat that much per day and then day after day. that works out to 485 grams of protein and what I do consume is 185 and I'm on a higher protein diet. I suggest you talk with someone that's is in the field of nutrition for some advice before giving this a go. Also this diet leaves no room for 20% carbs and if you find lean enough protein with very little fat you might be able to get the carbs to 10% :)

She could do with chicken breast though: 25g of protein per 100gr approximately. So that's about 900gr of chicken breast per day. Leaves a few calories for cooking oil and a few pieces of fruits or veg. 🤢

TO, can you tell us a bit more about your current diet, where this insane number of protein comes from (the farts!) and what your goals are? Then we will be able to help you a bit more :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,898 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

She could do with chicken breast though: 25g of protein per 100gr approximately. So that's about 900gr of chicken breast per day. Leaves a few calories for cooking oil and a few pieces of fruits or veg. 🤢

TO, can you tell us a bit more about your current diet, where this insane number of protein comes from (the farts!) and what your goals are? Then we will be able to help you a bit more :smile:

Yep, chicken breast is lower in fat which means more lean mass and more protein and it actually leaves enough room for a decent amount of additional fat making it at least more palatable. Personally I haven't deliberately bought chicken breast let alone skinless and boneless for I would say and this is just a guess, probably 20 years.