WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »

I know I have kept you all updated on my BIL that my husband was the only one he had to see that he was taken care of. He passed away early Saturday morning at the hospital. My husband finally realized that he had gotten to the point that no matter what tests/procedures etc. they did for him would not improve his quality of life. He agreed to have him taken off life support. That was a very, very difficult decision for him. He will have a graveside service with just my DH and our son's family.

Carol in GA

So sorry for your loss.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,042 Member
    Options
    Carol, so sorry to hear about your BIL.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Carol - We cross-posted. I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. I know that was a terribly hard decision for your husband to have to make. Thank you for the compliments on the picture.

Annie - Knowing how to protect your joints is important as we get more active. My knees and ankle are wrapped in flextape 24-7 now. I even sleep better with them supported.

Later,
    Lisa in AR

• Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Carol, sorry to hear about your BIL. Condolences to all.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Carol - I'm so sorry for your loss. I think your husband made the compassionate decision for your BIL. There is such a big difference in living and being alive. Hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Did a spining workout toay The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lower Body Total Body DVD.

Rori – I can just see you enjoying every minute

My eye still hurts a bit, I think it’s more allergies than anything else. But it’s a real pain, with the bright sun down here my eyes want to close.

When the kids were little we’d color eggs, I hid them, we always took baskets to church to be blessed. Oh, the memories

Allie – HUG

April – yippee for you and your son. Good blood work but take it easy

After the spinning workout wet on the elliptical for an hour. I guess my pedometer only registers steps if you pick your foot up. Then took a walk to the grocery store just to put some plastic bags in for recycling then to the dollar store to get a birthday card for Jess. On my way home stopped at the post office to mail the card. Then in the sun and pool only it stared to rain. Then again, this is Florida, in 5 minutes the sun was out.

Pip – when do you get it? Congrats

kylia – too bad we can’t bill squirrels! So sorry that happened to you

Michele
    who is counting down

We will have it on the next time coming out here. We do the walk through on Thursday.

To snowflake- we haven’t towed the trailer we got now, it’s stored here. The one we get will also be stored close by
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,909 Member
    Options
    <3Carol sorry about your BIL. A necessary but sad decision 😞 ❤
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Got my car towed to the shop. AAA got here less than 20 min after dh called(better than the almost 4 hrs it took Friday). Said the fuel pump was bad and it has to be replaced. It is in the gas tank so will be just over $1300 plus he might do the back brakes while he has the car(dh already bought the parts so will be just labor to put them in- his mechanic is good with him buying the parts, knows he will get a better price)
    Will be glad to have it fixed but as we were at the bank getting the money out to pay for it, someone from work called to let him know that they have taken him off the schedule for now. He will work next week, his one and a half days but not this week and nothing going forward(for now).
    This is because they stopped Dot.com(Safeway delivery)-no warning- went in last Tuesday morning and either let the whole department go or put them in other positions. Those people will be taking the hours dh was getting because he is a retiree and they need to give the others hours. He will use his vacation time to give them time to figure things out.
    It is a bit loud here today- neighbors behind us are cutting back the juniper and ivy that is in their yard but hanging over the shared back fence- I am totally fine with them cutting it- Hoping they take back the huge branch that just fell in our back yard onto the shed. If not, I can get the chain saw out and cut it, or try and toss it back over the fence but may need help with that.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Carol - A very hard decision, but for the best. <3 I hope your DH will get some closure from the funeral. You did your utmost for so long.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 39min 7sec, 112elev, 85ahr, 103mhr, 4.72mi, really, 1/2mi more, forgot to turn Strava back on= 607c
    Strava app= 579c

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Carol: My sympathy to you and your husband and family on the loss of your Brother in Law.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Carol-prayers for you and your husband. That is a very tough decision to make. The doctor who was with us when I made decision for husband told us there are some things worse than death and we knew what he meant. It is heart wrenching but also a release.

Ginny in Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Carol - so sorry about your BIL. Prayers for the family.

Heather - so glad you are going to be seen. Take advantage of all contacts.

Sunny and dry here. Went to water exercise, got my car cleaned out and did a bit of gardening. Sinus infection seems to be improving. Tenant from Hades still here but avoiding us.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Carol Sorry for your loss. My prayers added to the others.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Lisa ~ So glad the tree did not hit your house. We have a very tall old maple tree outside my bedroom window and I really worry that it might need to go although it does give wonderful shade in the summer.

By the way, I love the photo of you holding your niece! Your hair was lovely in that photo.

Heather ~ Glad you bit the bullet and made an appointment. Hope it all works for the best.

Rosemarie ~ I think you were wise to distance yourself from the intrusive friend. We have all had times when people we once liked/admired became a negative part of our life.

I know I have kept you all updated on my BIL that my husband was the only one he had to see that he was taken care of. He passed away early Saturday morning at the hospital. My husband finally realized that he had gotten to the point that no matter what tests/procedures etc. they did for him would not improve his quality of life. He agreed to have him taken off life support. That was a very, very difficult decision for him. He will have a graveside service with just my DH and our son's family.

Carol in GA

@1948CWB Condolences and prayers said, for You, your husband and Family.