What am I doing?

Options
Awegg05
Awegg05 Posts: 168 Member
Been trying to hack it with Weight Watchers but I'm not, well, hacking it. In the past I've had the most success doing KETO. The problem was maintaining it as a lifestyle. So maybe I'll start out with Keto to lose the bulk of the weight, then switch to WW for maintenance. Has anyone tried this and been successful?

Tagged:

Replies

• Santalucia2024
    Santalucia2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, on Day 2 here and your title "What am i doing" really attracted me to take a look. I'm on WW and asking myself the same think. I know the ww Ap very well but here i feel lost and there is not much direction. I've spent a good part of my day figuring it out, still can't get my steps logged in. Also considering dropping ww, undecided.
  • cjsilverberg
    cjsilverberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did keto for 4 years and did fantastic. Well fast forward now I’m going through menopause and started weight watchers. And I’ve lost 6lbs in a month. I’ve learned what my body triggers are carbs and sugars. They make me bloated etc. like on weight watchers I don’t count that avocado, because it’s so many points due to the fat. But that’s a good fat and we need good fats. Im working with both to dial in what my body needs. And I LOVE the WW meetings.. You got this!
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, on Day 2 here and your title "What am i doing" really attracted me to take a look. I'm on WW and asking myself the same think. I know the ww Ap very well but here i feel lost and there is not much direction. I've spent a good part of my day figuring it out, still can't get my steps logged in. Also considering dropping ww, undecided.

Re: logging steps. There are a couple options. 1. Your steps can be part of your activity level -

Activity levels based on steps can be classified as follows123:
    Sedentary: Less than 5,000 steps daily
    Low active: About 5,000 to 7,499 steps daily
    Somewhat active: About 7,500 to 9,999 steps daily
    Active: More than 10,000 steps daily
    Highly active: More than 12,500 steps daily

OR 2. You can sync a tracking device. Check out the APPS menu up top:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

For most discussion categories, there are stickie notes "most helpful posts" somewhere near the top. These are super helpful.

• Awegg05
    Options
    I did keto for 4 years and did fantastic. Well fast forward now I’m going through menopause and started weight watchers. And I’ve lost 6lbs in a month. I’ve learned what my body triggers are carbs and sugars. They make me bloated etc. like on weight watchers I don’t count that avocado, because it’s so many points due to the fat. But that’s a good fat and we need good fats. Im working with both to dial in what my body needs. And I LOVE the WW meetings.. You got this!

I'm so glad to hear WW is working for you. Their community on the app is absolutely wonderful! I think once I lose the bulk of this weight and level out, I'll probably switch back to WW to keep my carbs low. I guess my only silly complaint is their point system... hear me out. The points help you keep in track, but not knowing the breakdown of how you get those points - it kinda disservices our learning about the actual nutrients and such that go into those points. Hopefully that made sense. I haven't finished my coffee yet.
  • Awegg05
    Options

Honestly, I think I liked their app and community the best so far. Ease of access was there for discussions and such - I have a hard time navigating the messaging and discussions here and hopefully that won't deter me from participating!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    TracyL963 wrote: »
    I've lost and re-gained a few times. Now I'm done with all that.

If you're not "hacking" WW now, why will maintenance be different? Do you think you can do WW forever then? Also, Weight Watchers seems to re-invent themselves every few years to keep up with the latest weight loss trends (marketing).

For me (this time) I will only make changes that I believe I can do forever. I call this the All Things in Moderation Diet.

Here's an excellent thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Thank you!
    You have a very valid point with the fact that their plans are fluid with other determining factors. I fel kind of out of touch with understanding the actual nutrients I was putting into my body to equal those "points". I'm starting to think that's why it wasn't sticking with me. I'm a numbers girl and I think a blanket "point" wasn't benefitting my understanding exactly of what I'm eating.

But I think a part of me still will find benefit to a less restrictive diet eventually for maintenance. I went from Keto to WW before and fell off due to my own personal shortcomings. I had figured out how to eat right by that point, but not how to regulate triggers to emotional eating, food addiction, ect. I have to do the deep work
  • catharineaf
    catharineaf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seeing you mention food addiction and doing the work, you should take a look at Bright Line Eating. It is the one and only lifestyle change that has worked for me and helped me address my history of food addiction and binge eating.