Every. Day.

Options
Awegg05
Awegg05 Posts: 156 Member
I'm planning on posting on this thread every day, at least until I reach my goal (I'll be here for a while!) My weight loss, my favorite meals, my exercise, my thoughts, whatever.

Please feel free to join, add in your own info, motivate me, anything! :)

I'll post about myself here shortly!

Replies

• Awegg05
    Options
    Day 8 - 229lbs
    Still no change. I checked my nutrients and I may be consuming too much sodium, so I'll be paying more attention to that!
    I didn't make it to the gym. I planned on doing some Just Dance but the baby was very demanding of my attention today. I thought about doing the gym after work but I was very tired and felt I needed sleep more than exercise.
    I ate great, no hunger or cravings. I did ask my mom for a sugar free water ice from Rita's. On her way to drop it off, I logged the food and realized even though it was sugar free with Splenda, it was FULL of carbs. So I put it straight into the freezer and told my son he could have it.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,307 Member
    Options
    I didn’t exercise yesterday either.
    Long day caring for my husband.

Let’s get back at today!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    I didn’t exercise yesterday either.
    Long day caring for my husband.

Let’s get back at today!

I sure did! Home from the gym by 6am :)
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 9: 227.8 (-1.2lbs)

The scale moved, yay! And I made it to the gym, yay! Felt like I was gonna die on the elliptical. I told my fiancé before I left that my plan was 20 mins. Well, I made it 6 minutes, couldn't breathe, heart pounding (180bpm). So I switched over to Bike for the remaining time and kept up a decent heart rate.
    I did a few loads of laundry so several flights of stairs throughout the day. I love how much more energy I'm already getting.
    Hoka shoes should be here tomorrow.
    A friendly keto-er checked out my food logged and brought to my attention that my black coffee log was logging calories and carbs! I've been tracking 4 net carbs a day for black coffee, whoops!
    Tomorrow I hope to get more housework done, put my oldest son to work with me. Gym in the morning, should baby allow a smooth morning 🤞
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 10: 227.2 (-0.6)

Suuuuper early day. Fed the baby, put him back down, enjoyed a quiet cup of coffee and planned my meals for the day. I actually had a hard time eating everything today and didn't force myself to eat lunch until around 3pm... I needed the protein.
    Went to the gym at 4am and kept up a quick pace (for me). I find that I judge my time in "songs". About 2 songs left till I can stop, ect. It makes it more bearable than counting minutes.
    Got some housework done. Took a much needed nap.
    My Hokas came (and the socks I ordered were too big). The shoes are amazing and I can't wait to try them out in the gym tomorrow. I'm going to have to learn how to walk properly in them, as it seems to distribute my weight on the shoes differently. In a good way, I'm just not used to it.
    Spent a good portion of the day with family which is nice. I gave my sister my "keto" ice cream because I've decided to eat more clean and avoid the processed stuff.
    Well, thanks for the listen!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 11: 227 (-0.2)
    Wome up before 2am. Fed the little man, put him back to bed and enjoyed a quiet cup of coffee. My Samsung Health showed my physical recover during sleep was low (and I could feel it). Before 330a, I was out the door to the gym. I got to try my new Hokas which was exciting. It definitely supports me in a different way. Because of this, I only did a mile to "break them in". Cool thing was I was able to shave about 40 seconds off my mile! Did some biking, then went home and showered before the fiancé had to get ready for work.
    I was able to sneak a few short naps in with the baby this morning which made me feel a bit better.
    I changed up my foods for the day just so I don't get bored. Aaaand enjoyed a white claw and a half since I had the carbs to spare.
    I don't drink often and I'm hoping it doesn't effect the scape!
    It'll probably be an early night. Gym doesn't open up til 7 tomorrow morning so I won't know what to do with myself til then!
    It's weird how quickly your habits can change.. in this case, for the better :)
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 12: 225.4 (-1.6)
    Nice loss this morning! It had me motivated to keep the course :)
    I woke up with an extra cough this morning and didn't think anything of it till a few hours later, as it got worse. Took some Dayquil and then some Nyquil. Got decent sleep, for me.
    I did make it to the gym right at opening and got that done. It's hard on the weekends that they don't open til 7a, but I've been trying to make it work.
    My appetite was wonky, I ended up skipping lunch then had a bunless burger for dinner from Five Guys, my favorite. I decided to get ketchup on it this time because I had carbs to spare... hopefully that didn't bite me in the butt..... note: it wasn't worth it.
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 13: 225.6 (+0.2)

Ugh, a slight gain. Very slight, I'll get over it. My fiancé has been feeding me elderberry gummies since I've been sick and I realized this morning they're 6g sugars! So no more of that!
    Even though I still wasn't 100%, I talked myself into going to the gym. I don't want to break that habit. If I give myself an inch, I take a foot. Weirdly enough, when I'm in the treadmill, I don't cough one bit.
    Then I spent the whole day sanding and painting some dressers. We're moving in two weeks and have a ton to do! I definitely worked up a sweat.
    I skipped lunch because I was busy working and not hungry, looking forward to ham for dinner. I was in charge of mashed potatoes. So I made those, resisting every urge to try a bite. And then my fiancé said he wasn't hungry and didn't want to make the ham. So I made myself a ham wrap with some cauliflower and called it a night!
    Between being sick and going nonstop, my body definitely felt it!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 14: 225 (-0.6)

Going to switch up when I do thus and post in the morning with my goals and an update with how I did yesterday. I haven't been consistent and I'm confusing myself lol

Yesterday's activities posted above. I slept like crap.

Today I plan to go to the gym, plan my meals (keto), and pack up some of the house. A tentative goal is to fit in some cardio with Just Dance, if I have the time and desire! If I have a babysitter, maybe I'll work on the dressers some more.
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi. I love your motivation! I think I will try to post here everyday as well, if that is ok. I really need to find my motivation. My life is overwhelming so very hard to find "Me" time.

I have struggled with my weight for years. It's the result of poor eating habits and no exercise. So obviously I look the way I do... Like you, I was successful in loosing a bunch of weight, due to tracking on MFP and have now gained it back. I am my highest weight ever. So here goes...

Current weight: 208.6
    April goal: 10-15 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 140lbs

I did go bike riding yesterday for a short ride. Haven't actually ridden in years, but my eating was not monitored. I am going to start tracking on MFP today and see if I can loose some of this weight.

Maybe we can motivate each other. Here's to a good day!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @wewillbskinny thank you so much for commenting! You are OF COURSE welcome!

Happy to hear you're trying to prioritize your health again. When I slide off, I easily forget how much energy and confidence I had when I was taking care of my body - it's nice to be gaining that feeling back again.
    Regular bikes are uncomfortable for me, but the gym has a recumbent bike that I do 10 mins of every morning. I try to get a 5 minute mile :) my "thing" used to be walking - a 5k a day in under an hour. Nothing crazy. I'm doing a half hour in the morning now and trying to decrease my pace.

Tracking what you eat is definitely beneficial! It makes you more aware of what you're putting in your body, and how that adds up to pounds/inches increasing/decreasing. You're making a great step in the right direction! Inhope to hear more as you go along your journey. I'll be sending you a friend request shortly! :)
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 15: 224.6 (-0.4)

Little man must be going through a growth spurt because yesterday was nothing but eating and naps! It made it very difficult to get anything done. I did get to the gym first thing and plan my meals, but that was about it for the day. We had our "Easter ham" and my fiancé kept commenting that "4oz of ham was nothing!". But I stuck to my planned out portion and was full. My appetite has gone down immensely and I'm finding it difficult to eat everything I plan.
    I worked last night, hopped in bed, baby woke up. So my sleep for the night is around 4 hours, and I can feel it.

For today:
    No gym because not enough time before fiancé leaves for work. I chose sleep instead this morning, listening to my body's needs. Maybe I'll set up Just Dance today. Another attempt to pack a bit. And laundry, as always. I'm kinda sad my step count isn't going to be very high today, but I could probably use the rest.
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    206.6. - 2 lbs.

Good morning. I didn't sleep well either. Not sure why, maybe my body adjusting to the fewer calories. But, I am happy to say, I stuck to the plan and recorded everything I ate yesterday. Even the zero calorie spray butter 😋

I thought this was my highest weight, but looking through my old weight recordings on MFP, I was actually two pounds heavier a few years ago. So I am basically back to that point. I was able to loose 45 pounds with MFP several years ago. Hopefully I loose that much plus more. I never actually got to my goal weight back then. I would love to get there this time!

I like your day by day attitude. Think that is what is necessary to make it to our goals. Have fun taking care of your baby and have a nice day!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @wewillbskinny
    I remind myself a lot with old pictures and weight recordings of where I've been, where I want to get, and what I can accomplish.
    That's the hope of these posts as well! I've already looked back to inspire myself to keep going. I hope this helps you too!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,307 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great.
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 16: 225.6 (+1.2)

... damn it. On a Challenge Weigh-in day, too...
    I stared at the scale for a good several seconds, stunned that I gained a pound. Not wanting to track that number. So what could it be? I hydrated yesterday for sure, even stated adding in electrolytes. I did log my food for the whole day, but it didn't go as planned. I was sanding and painting, skipped lunch. Then I had a few snacks at the start of my work shift. But no official dinner. I passed out and didn't update my log to reflect the meals I didn't eat. I'm wondering if I didn't get enough protein, or if my macros were off due to the missed foods. I'll find out shortly. Maybe it was all the cough drops, who knows. I'll get over it.

Today I have off of work. Home alone with the baby. I woke up before 2am with some vivid dreams and can't seen to sleep anymore. I'm stressing over the sick baby. He hasn't been eating his normal amount and is sleeping more, without waking up for bottles. I'm staring at the baby monitor, wishing he would wake up and eat, I feel so bad for him.
    Gym this morning, of course, after I get some protein coffee in me. Cleaning and packing around the house as much as I can and then later when fiancé gets home, probably finish up painting the dressers. That's been quite a project.

I'm hoping I can keep motivation today, despite the scale uptick!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,112 Member
    Options
    Since you ate doing daily weigh-ins (and sound a bit stressed when the scale goes up): if you aren't using one already, can I suggest using a weight trending app like Libra or Happyscale? It makes it easier to spot the weight trend beyond the daily fluctuations.
    Bodies are weird, there's not always a clear reason for fluctuations 🙂
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Haha yeah I definitely overanalyze the day to day fluctuations! I tend to get over it quickly, after thorough investigation and theories 😆 I prefer to do every day, despite the stress, to stay in tune with everything (and because the decreased are definitely motivating!). I will check out those apps and see if that might benefit me. Thanks for the suggestion!