WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    I've just ordered a stick from Amazon! Can't hurt, and it wasn't expensive. Black and white polka dots. :p If it doesn't help it was less than £10. Folds up and is adjustable.
    I am going to venture round the corner to the local shops this morning. Need bread cold meat, apples, lettuce and a shoulder of lamb for Easter. I will take my trolley. John wants me to get mixed seeds for the muesli he makes. I've doubled up on aspirin and paracetamol, plus rubbed in a bit of Voltarol. Doesn't seem to be working so far, but might kick in later.
    Had a nice chat with G instead of my mat work. She is coming over next Thursday to have lunch with me at The Regency. I hope John will drive me there.
    We were talking about 2024 anniversaries! Hers is 40 years in May since she was sectioned to a mental hospital. She is going to celebrate the day, as the start of healing, but first has ordered her medical records to check the exact day.
    At the end of October it will be 30 years since I decided to split with my first husband. I can check the exact date on Google as it was the last weekend in October, when the clocks go back. (Just checked, the 29th :D) A bottle of champagne for that, I think. I still sometimes think it was totally unnecessary, but life has moved on, in good ways.

All those in pain, Lisa, etc. Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking something like this might work for all my coloured pens! :lol:

hm4me7qrpuex.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My dad has forgotten why he needs a ride to church at night. This conversation gets so old.

But at least it's not driving me to eat. I read three chapters of the Beck book. It's filled with encouragement, and the approach fits me better.

Time to exercise.

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of going a second night with bad sleep. :( It's going to be rainy today so hope to get in a good nap or two.

Barbara - welcome back - we've been busy. :p Happy to know you are recovering well.

Heather - glad the birthday celebration went well. That cheesecake looks scrumptious. Is the remodel totally finished now? No more loose ends? I was given narcotic painkillers after each of my surgeries, found that plain old acetaminophen did just as good of a job, main thing was to keep ahead of the pain.

Evie - I know folks who go to Mexico for their dental work too. A lot of them winter in Arizona so slip across the border. I ran across this place a while back in the US that does private surgeries for cash. Looks like a hip replacement is $17,579- there are probably some additional charges. I have a hunch it would be at least triple that at a regular hospital with insurance.

https://surgerycenterok.com/

Rebecca - what a mess! It's not like you haven't been warning them about it for a long time. Hope Lee doesn't suffer any effects. Looks like they are trying hard to block off the problem for now.

Debbie - I might check out that bin store for Christmas decorations next year! Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll remember your Jona now. :p I think I had Tracey's Jonah stuck in my brain.

Some dads just aren't into taking care of the kid stuff, I don't think my dad was - he left it all to mom as I recall, of course he was busy outside with the farm. My brother took right over with his kids - my SIL had to get out of the way as he fed, diapered, did everything. My sis and I used to laugh at what a hands-on dad he was, he sure didn't get it from his own dad!

Annie - is your car still zapping you or did they somehow fix the problem? Glad the Beck book is encouraging, you are finding better ways to deal with stress than eating and that's half the battle.

Started setup on the new laptop last night, it was a breeze. Today I'll venture further into it. Nice to be able to start with a clean slate and not risk losing data.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin--especially the chapter on spotting loopholes
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    I hope all of you who are going for tests or procedures get through them swimmingly. Thinking of you. <3 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜
    This is the Basque Burnt Cheesecake! :o Apparently it was heaven. He made a raspberry coulis to go with it.
    hikj3nkp0mh2.jpg
    2ynsuvjvenn8.jpg
    I'm going to bookmark the recipe 😋

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/food/2021/dec/01/how-to-make-the-perfect-basque-cheesecake-recipe-felicity-cloake
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Looks heavenly!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa