WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rebecca-did they test fir what sort of mold present? That may be useful information for you. It looks nasty-can't believe they let it go so long.

Debbie-I was fortunate, my husband was pretty good with boys-he got even better when they hit around 2. and weren't as dependent upon me for meals (I breastfed youngest until 3 but mainly evenings the last year of so). I was looking at Amazon Bin stores last night. With the pricing, does that mean one thing is $10 on $10 day and so on?

Evelyn-I have never heard of such a sink but it is really a smart idea.

Barbara AHMOD-glad you have resurfaced and surgery went well. It can take a bit to bounce back from procedures.

Heather-I found that narcotics didn't really work with my hips when they were declining so I ended up not taking them. Heating pads can give a bit of relief at times. Bone on bone is just painful. Glad you spent time with family-a bit of a distraction.

I had one of my spells with off and on sleep last night and some night sweats. May open window a bit at night until time for air conditioning. Don't know why I get them some times-I am forever past menopause!

Off to start the day. Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I do not believe they tested it.
    They were just worker guys, not scientists.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of going a second night with bad sleep. :( It's going to be rainy today so hope to get in a good nap or two.

Barbara - welcome back - we've been busy. :p Happy to know you are recovering well.

Heather - glad the birthday celebration went well. That cheesecake looks scrumptious. Is the remodel totally finished now? No more loose ends? I was given narcotic painkillers after each of my surgeries, found that plain old acetaminophen did just as good of a job, main thing was to keep ahead of the pain.

Evie - I know folks who go to Mexico for their dental work too. A lot of them winter in Arizona so slip across the border. I ran across this place a while back in the US that does private surgeries for cash. Looks like a hip replacement is $17,579- there are probably some additional charges. I have a hunch it would be at least triple that at a regular hospital with insurance.

https://surgerycenterok.com/

Rebecca - what a mess! It's not like you haven't been warning them about it for a long time. Hope Lee doesn't suffer any effects. Looks like they are trying hard to block off the problem for now.

Debbie - I might check out that bin store for Christmas decorations next year! Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll remember your Jona now. :p I think I had Tracey's Jonah stuck in my brain.

Some dads just aren't into taking care of the kid stuff, I don't think my dad was - he left it all to mom as I recall, of course he was busy outside with the farm. My brother took right over with his kids - my SIL had to get out of the way as he fed, diapered, did everything. My sis and I used to laugh at what a hands-on dad he was, he sure didn't get it from his own dad!

Annie - is your car still zapping you or did they somehow fix the problem? Glad the Beck book is encouraging, you are finding better ways to deal with stress than eating and that's half the battle.

Started setup on the new laptop last night, it was a breeze. Today I'll venture further into it. Nice to be able to start with a clean slate and not risk losing data.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Yep they did a good job. I guess there were a couple different flooring down. One was just put over the other. I told the worker guys that when they do demo the floor under the dishwasher, (after they take out the cabinets), that the kitchen needs to have a barrier seal in the doorways. They said they would do that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »

Debbie-I was fortunate, my husband was pretty good with boys-he got even better when they hit around 2. and weren't as dependent upon me for meals (I breastfed youngest until 3 but mainly evenings the last year of so). I was looking at Amazon Bin stores last night. With the pricing, does that mean one thing is $10 on $10 day and so on?

[
    Off to start the day. Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

For the most part, I didn't care that dh didn't help with son- Having a baby was all I ever wanted and to finally have him, I wanted to do everything for him BUT there were some nights where I was so exhausted I would have gladly let him feed or change him in the middle of the night. My whole life revolved around Jona. Finally had a real purpose. Didn't bother me as much that dh had totally shut me out, I was too busy with a newborn, then a toddler. It was he and I that went to the park or riding bikes(I taught him how to ride). Dh was physically in the house but it really was like being a single parent.

Black Friday here everything is $10 each on Fridays- lots of sealed boxes. Some tell you what is in them, some dont. Here, you have to go ask the person at the side table to open it so you can see what is in it. She tapes it back up after you look at it.
    Each day it goes down. All the way to .50 on Wed. I am sure there is nothing left then. They are closed on Thursdays to restock.
    They just opened a few months ago here in town.
    We tend to go on Mondays- $2 day and many of the items we have bought range around $30 on Amazon. Some a lot higher like that prismatic Christmas tree (on Ebay for $300-$850 for $4)
    or the tri pod thing for a camera(giving that to my cousin after seeing how much it was worth, couldn't pass it up but not something I could use- he can use it. Goes for $200 and I paid $4.
    Got a $75 copper bird bath for $4.

You have to be ok with rummaging through the bins and dealing with rude people. I would stay and look a little longer some days but usually dh and I are done close to the same time.
    The bins are a nice height and not very deep so pretty easy to pick through

We used to drive all the way north of Sacramento to Falling Prices and now we have one in the next town plus we have Black Friday just blocks away from MIL's house. So, lately, I go with dh to his mom's, walk the dog, then we go to Black Friday then do our other shopping/errands(he always has to shop for something everyday)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Allie - I'm so sorry. I know Tracey must so scared and grieving. Thinking of all of you.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of going a second night with bad sleep. :( It's going to be rainy today so hope to get in a good nap or two.

Debbie - I might check out that bin store for Christmas decorations next year! Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll remember your Jona now. :p I think I had Tracey's Jonah stuck in my brain.

Some dads just aren't into taking care of the kid stuff, I don't think my dad was - he left it all to mom as I recall, of course he was busy outside with the farm. My brother took right over with his kids - my SIL had to get out of the way as he fed, diapered, did everything. My sis and I used to laugh at what a hands-on dad he was, he sure didn't get it from his own dad!

Started setup on the new laptop last night, it was a breeze. Today I'll venture further into it. Nice to be able to start with a clean slate and not risk losing data.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Thank you-
    We have a friend who's daughter has known Jona since he was about 5-6yrs old. She knows how to pronounce this name the way we want(I just started calling him that and it stuck). She still calls him Jonah. She is 30 yrs old and still won't call him Jona and rarely Jonathan.

I am sure your brother's kids will remember that. My dad didn't help with the feeding part when we were little but he did do a lot of things outside with us. He had no sons, just three daughters, so he took us girls fishing, taught us how to shoot a bb gun, went mushroom hunting, etc. Always worked in the garden with both parents
    The only thing dh has enjoyed doing with ds is taking him to the movies- something they both enjoy and I don't care for. I enjoy a quiet evening at home when they go to the movies. Once in a while dh takes ds to lunch. Other than that, they stay in their rooms on their computers, coming out to get food once in a while.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options

Allie: I feel for Tracy and Kyle. It’s a difficult situation to deal with.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone 🙂

@Whidislander Your new floor is going to be nice!

@grandmallie Such heart wrenching news for their family. Prayers said for them. 🙏🏻
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Allie I'm so sad about Tracey.

Lisa that's great that your daughter got moved.

Rain again here today. It makes my father restless because he can't go walking. It just makes me sleepy.

Have a fabulous day my friends! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free.

Annie in Delaware