WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Up at 5:12 am pst. Going to the gas station at 6 when they open up and then head out to pickup my sister then going to see mom at Stanford hospital

Pip - What's up with your mom?

Lanette
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I did my twenty minutes on my bike and fourteen minutes walking! Yay!

Hmm. I drink my tea in an armchair in the morning. I hardly ever sit on the sofa. I usually sit at my place at the table.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    Today's book tip is to sit down every time I eat. I am a little resistant because I usually drink my smoothie while I cook my chicken. The portions are controlled because it's one smoothie and the chicken is frozen in 4 oz portions. And I grab chocolate standing up. But I don't have a good reason to avoid trying to sit down. It would certainly feel more like a meal if I waited to sit down with the chicken and the smoothie. What do you all think?

Annie in Delaware

:) All my eating is planned by time, location, and food. I follow my plan. Strategy is stronger than willpower. Your plan may be different from mine but if you stick to your plan you will succeed. I eat one of my meals at the computer and one on my recumbent bike while watching TV. Some people would be horrified by that but it has worked for me for years. I've taken weight off and kept it off for years with this plan.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/brad.bankowski/posts/6863631473672300
    My grandson on the keyboard (kinda piano!)

Today is Piano day!

o8i1bcahkzmb.jpeg
    0yqkntb1c2zq.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie: Oh dear, My sympathy to Tracy and her husband. My prayers for the baby. I hope the genetic testing goes okay.

C from California: Welcome

Rebecca: What a great time you had with your friend! Could the mold have been prevented if they had acted sooner?

Barbara: Glad your feeling better! Dancing for an hour is geat!

Anna: Hope your Dad stays with the increased care support! Great that your getting back to exercise!

Ginny: I think I am on a 1/3 of an acre and I am paying $92.00 a mow every other week...for all 12 months of the year..which is a little crazy. There are trees to mow around and there are many leaves to mulch in the Fall. Maybe I should look around for someone less expensive. And the yard hasn't had a treatment of any sort for 5 years or more. It's amazing it looks as good as it does!

Machka: I am 3 hours to the ocean. 4 hours to the place in particular I like. There is a pier there and people gather in the afternoon to watch the sun set. Sometimes I pretend I am there.

Tracey: I put together a rack for food so my husband could see the food when he was in his wheel chair. But I really like it!

Heather: A friend of mine's husband just had hip surgery. He was up and about in no time!

Annie: I use to eat out alone all the time and I enjoyed it! And we ate out as a family a lot. Now it seems expensive to me!

Lisa: I am doing my own yoga in 15 minute intervals. On Fridays I go to a very easy yoga class. I am afraid when I go to the yoga retreat I won't be able to get up off the floor....that is just beginning to be a problem for me --or keep up with planks or down dogs. I need to find Arkansas on a map. It just seems so much colder than GA, but i didn't think you were that far north. I will have to look!

RVRita: It will be interesting to hear wheat the therapist says on April 4. I have been to the ER a couple of times because of anxiety in the past....but nothing like what you went through.

Vicki: I hope the heart ultrasound comes back negative.

Debbie: Happy Birthday to your son! Mine is approaching 29. To me his 21st birthday was just yesterday. The time in between is a blur!

Linda: Welcome back to MFP.

Annie: Well at least they didn't charge you. Curious as to what caused it though.

I am finished with the rescue for the week. Several cats were driven from GA to a rescue in Ohio. Apparently there is a shortage of cats in Ohio. I am pleased to say these cats were adopted! This week the rescue is sending some dogs and hoping for the same result!

My son and daughter in law are coming back on Friday. I can't clean and declutter. I don't have the energy. And I really need to declutter before I get older. So I am splurging and having a maid come tomorrow. I will do some yoga this evening and 60 minutes of decluttering!

I had a dream with my husband in it last night where he was walking. This is my first pre-ALS dream. It seemed to go on forever! I woke up very thankful for the dream!

i am going to try Nutri System again. It seems like a lot of carbs to me. The food is on the way.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Oh yes! This has been an issue since I first noticed the floor last summer like around May! So if they had got on it way back then, it provably would have been an easy job.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Allie, my thoughts are with your Tracy, so much to think about.💖🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa