how many people on here have used this and its worked?

Options
2»

Answers

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Objectively ANY PROGRAM works if you follow the protocol. It's whether or not you can sustain it once you hit goal.
    Since counting calories really isn't that difficult and you're NOT restricted on the types of food you like to eat, then many find it easy to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Objectively ANY PROGRAM works if you follow the protocol. It's whether or not you can sustain it once you hit goal.
    Since counting calories really isn't that difficult and you're NOT restricted on the types of food you like to eat, then many find it easy to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

my man is still out here dropping the truth bombs.
  • cvsjr002
    cvsjr002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I may have chosen the wrong App. I’ve been on Zepbound for a couple months, lost 40 lbs and was looking for an App to track calories and workouts. My problem is the minimum calorie requirement. I’m in my 60’s so 1200-2100 calories a day is way too much, even while going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. After taking a shot, the next three days it’s extremely uncomfortable pushing down 1200 calories. The App tells me a 900 calorie day won’t count in the weekly average and some other features. Not sure if there is a way to adjust this, if anyone knows please reply.
  • searobin
    searobin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can set your daily calorie goal to whatever you want. I'm 4' 11, 70 and am not very active. So I probably use only 1400 calories a day. I set my goal to 900-1000 and just ignore the warning that I am not eating enough. The warning is annoying but I just treat it as noise. Sometimes I'm under 1000, most times I'm just over. I have been losing about 3/4 pound a week. That's a healthy rate.
    As for MFP working - I've tried all kinds of diets, but counting calories has been the most effective.
  • lpwest3
    lpwest3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's the best system out there, but don't expect it to do the work for you, you only get out what you put in. You have to be consistently logging long term under your calories to see the results, if you "cheat" then you're only cheating yourself.

I lost 70lbs back in 2014 then another 90lbs in 2022 (I fell off the wagon myself between then)
  • KAnderson5778
    KAnderson5778 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 135 days and weighed in this a.m.. I'm down 36lbs thus far. This app works if you make it part of your daily program. It took me a while to find friends and create my own personal support system but I'm introverted so that was no surprise. But it's taught me to NOT compare myself to others but rather celebrate my own journey while I learn about my own dietary and exercise needs. MFP really did change my life.
  • kjratliff55
    kjratliff55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In 2016 I was 55yo and weighed 315lbs.
    Thanks to MFP; in a year I dropped to 200lbs.
    To get under 20% Body Fat; I continued to drop weight (but slower) and by 2022 (with MFP and Exercise)
    I was at 160lbs. I now use MFP for Maintenance and monitoring Macros.
  • Jasmin6392
    Jasmin6392 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tammie0018 wrote: »
    I Lost 17.5 pounds since Jan 14th using MFP premium. I weigh everything, count macros, and do 1200 calories Mon-Fri. Weekends I bump it up to 1500-1750 so I can eat some of the foods I love and not get discouraged. At first weight came off quick, but now that my body adjusted its coming off at a rate of about a pound a week to 10 days. At first, I was very discouraged but now I am looking at it in another way. The weight may not be coming off as fast as I want but it is still coming off. I am 5'8" and started at 209.7. Today I am 192.2.

You sound just like my body type and i am trying to get down but my body holt on to my fat like we are drowning haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!