WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Pip I'm sorry to hear about your mother passing. I'm glad you got to see her.

Michele so sad that Loki is gone. Sounds like it was time, although it's always rough.

I'm up half a pound from last Friday. I had a couple of nervous eating days. Emotional eating is a challenge for me.

I have mixed feelings about holiday eating. I bought a cheesecake for Easter. I hope it doesn't ruin the whole week. My dad will eat most of it. I can eat one serving to celebrate the holiday. But I won't go overboard. I thought about roast lamb, but the store only had frozen legs. Too much meat for two people.

Tracey you are getting closer and closer to your new career! So exciting!

Allie, we are all concerned about Tracy and Kyle. Hugs for them in this difficult time.

Have a great day ladies! Make good decisions! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    Pip - sounds like your mom waited for you to get there. My sympathies to you and the rest of her family. (((Hugs all around.)))

Michele - also sorry to hear about Loki, you and Vince did a good job of extending his 9 lives as long as you could. Glad to hear your eyes are doing better and Dr. Scholl seems to be helping your foot.

Tracey - sorry to hear about your neck and shoulder pain when you are trying to sleep. Sometimes laying on a heating pad turned on low for a little bit when I go to bed calms things down if my neck is sore. Also maybe Rodger or Kaitlyn could give you a little back and neck massage. Bob & Brad on YouTube might have some stretches to help you.

Wonderful that the end is in sight with your classes. ;) And what a gorgeous quilt, thanks for posting that photo. There's something about hand sewn blocks that really stand out.

I had a good visit with Dr. Lisa yesterday.
    She wants me to go back to Dr. D the ortho surgeon again about my foot to see about new orthotics and my out of alignment toes again. Even tho Dr. D said the old orthotics were fine - I am thinking I need to just come up with the $$ and get a second pair for my outdoor shoes- that's why I went to see him in the first place last month. :# He was pretty frazzled when I saw him due to the clinic being torn up due to frozen/broken pipes.

Also will go back to her in early June for lipid panel and A1C to see how this lower carb way of eating is working. I had lost four pounds since I saw Dr. Paul there a couple weeks ago and my blood pressure was down quite a bit. Evidently this is a benefit of avoiding the "white carbs" and not snacking in between meals, letting my pancreas rest from popping out insulin all the time. So far it's been pretty easy keeping net carbs under 100, not much different than I had been eating except for the snacking especially after supper. :(

This way of eating is sustainable if that's what it takes - I can do it the rest of my life, no sweat, it's just changing a habit. Dr. Lisa said keep doing what I'm doing.

Medicare pre-diabetes classes
    - the Director of the program at the hospital called me back yesterday and left a message. She said Medicare pays for it all, no co-pay even though their billing program will show there IS one! She has me scheduled for the info session on April 9th at 10 am. That's Collette day so she gets to come and leave half an hour early. :p Or just have a short day.

Planning a short walk with my neighbor this morning.

Happy Good Friday to those who observe it. o:)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I did twenty minutes on my bike and fourteen minutes walking! Yay!

I'm thinking about how to increase on the first of the month. I'd like to do intervals on the bike, but that's thirty minutes. It might be too much increase too fast. I guess I will have to try it to have some data.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well, she’s gone mom went at 12:30 pst today, she was out so I guess you could say it was a peaceful passing. My sister had called me yesterday saying they were going to take her home under hospice care in a couple of days and she was thinking I might want to wait until they brought her home to see her. I told her I was going to drive up tomorrow because I wasn’t sure (based on what they were saying) that she would make it home. I’m glad I did. Funny, last time I was there was when I came up from Washington to see my sister there and she died when I was in the room too.

So sorry PIP. Sounds like she had a peaceful leaving. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
    RVRita
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Pip ... I too am sorry to hear you've lost your mom. Very glad that you were able to see her before she passed. Hugs.

Michele ... sorry for the loss of your fur baby ...

Rosemarie ... kind of concerned that you were still out of breath hours after using the treadmill ...

Rita ... thinking of you and hope that all is calm ...

Beth near Buffalo