JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Sorry about venting. I have every intention of being the best caretaker I can, I just worry it won’t be enough. He has always taken care of me so well, I just don’t want to let him down.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sorry about venting. I have every intention of being the best caretaker I can, I just worry it won’t be enough. He has always taken care of me so well, I just don’t want to let him down.

You won't let him down. Look how well you care for your girls, and also your mother, who doesn't make things easy for you. Even Gia is really well looked after, going to doggy day care when she stayed with you!

Talk about it beforehand, and maybe say to Tim that he should make a point of telling you what he needs after the op, so you know you are helping in the way he wants.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap - Thursday 3/28
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy choices :)
    Errands - Half
    Get house ready for company - Partially
    Dye eggs with older grandkids - :) Lots of fun <3
    Relax - No
    Sleep - Not much - 5h 15min

Recap - Friday 3/29
    Hydrate - Under
    Healthy choices - Mostly. Did well with portion sizes so I stayed under maintenance calories.
    Day with family - :)
    Make desserts - Did one
    Finish errands - Almost
    Relax - Turned in early and read a bit
    Sleep - Fair 7 h 9 min

JFT Saturday 3/30
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy choices
    Science museum with younger grandkids
    Make cheesecake
    Last minute prep for Sunday
    Relax
    Sleep
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    SW: 189.0
    3/20: 187.0
    3/21: 185.6
    3/27: 187.6
    3/29: 187.0
    3/30: 185.2

JFT Friday
    - up early & shower 😒
    - Weigh in😀
    - Go to hospital 😀
    - Hold it together while I’m there 😀
    - Home in the afternoon to shower 😀
    - Back to the hospital😀
    - Watch basketball😀
    - Hold it together 😒
    - Home around 10:00😀

JFT Saturday
    - hospital by 10:00
    - Hang out
    - Home & clean
    - Back to hospital
    - Home by 10:00

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

You will absolutely not let him down! And it will be enough! Sometimes it can be the very small things that make the biggest of differences! And don't apologise for venting either :)
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    @pridesabtch - You ARE enough <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    💗 Terri 💗

🐥🐣 Happy Easter Sunday 🐣🐥

Working on getting back to the middle of my weight range. I’m using weekly mini goal as weight fluctuations from day to day.

3 lbs challenge: (weigh less on 24th March than I did on 17th)
    17/3: 137.8
    18/3: 138.1
    19/3: 138.0 (going in the right direction)
    20/3: 137.9
    22/3: 137.6
    24/3: 137,6 (0.2 down 👌🏻)
    25/3: 137.5 (Weigh less on 31st March than I did on the 24th)
    25/3: 136.8 Very happy with that, going into the holiday weekend. I expect some of it may be water weight as the swelling in my knees has gone down considerably.
    31/3: 136.7 it’s been up and down for the last few days. But reasonably happy so far. Back to my pre-Christmas weight, but will go for the last 1lb.

💡Yay! That’s more like it!. 😝
    💡Being more mindful on portions, and snacks, Eating just a small portion of my exercise calories.
    💡knees much improved.

NB: Sticking to my Solid Habits, and being mindful of over snacking.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch Sorry about Tim. Hope he recovers soonest.

@more_freggies76 Also sorry to hear about the eye surgery. I hope it goes well 🤞

Trying to keep Easter treats to a minimum. Don’t want to ruin all my efforts of the past few weeks. 😝 Elder daughter is hosting Easter Sunday dinner, so won’t have lots of extra food at home to tempt me 😂
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Saturday 30th

THINK before I eat ✅️
    No snacking ❌️ one
    PF exercises ✅️
    Back exercises ❌️

Not logging today as I'm meeting family for a village "soup n pud". Lovely homemade food, but very little low calorie stuff.

JFT Sunday 31st

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

We finally have a lovely sunny day. I want to get on with some gardening, but I've had 2 dogs dumped on me for the day. The one I usually have is no problem but the other has already escaped once. I had no idea she could jump the high wall. I feel really restricted in what I can do with 2 here, I miss just having the one well behaved dog.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

• pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    3/31: 184.2

JFT Saturday
    - hospital by 10:00 😀
    - Hang out😀
    - Home & clean😀
    - Back to hospital😀
    - Home by 10:00😀

JFT Sunday
    - Hospital by 10:00 😀
    - Home at 2:00 to do laundry
    - Walmart
    - Hospital by 6:00
    - Log food
    - Home by 10:00

• pridesabtch
    Options
    This is a bad time for the emotional roller coaster of TOM.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sat Mar 29
    1.5L of water - 🥴1L
    Log all Food - 👿
    Move 20 Minutes - 🙂
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 197.2

JFT - Sun Mar 30
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Move 20 Minutes
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 197

@pridesabtch - I really understand your worries. My DH had to have a minor surgery when we were first married, before he could be released from the hospital I had to learn how to pack the wound. I refused for about 4 days, I was so scared I would hurt him.
    I finally had a nurse talk me through it. I still hated it, but he survived. You’ll do fine, remember to give yourself permission not to be perfect.

Happy Easter everyone!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the sale foids at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.

Post eye surgery really hard, but finally able to communicate a little.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Sunday 31st

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ❌ one
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

I did manage to get some weeding done, and the first lawn cut of the year (always the hardest). my back and feet were were really painful but have recovered a bit this morning. Still lots to do but unfortunately it's raining again. Yesterday's sun was so lovely.

JFT Monday 1st April

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

• pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    3/31: 184.2
    4/1: 183.2

JFT Sunday
    - Hospital by 10:00 😀
    - Home at 2:00 to do laundry 😀
    - Walmart😀
    - Hospital by 6:00😀
    - Log food😀
    - Home by 10:00😀

I didn’t spend quite as much time at the hospital yesterday because I was trying to get the house ready for Tim to come home today. He doesn’t need any special accommodations, but I want it to be relaxing and clean. Tim doesn’t get hood antibiotic until 11:00 so hoping we can get out of there by 1:00.

Didn’t sleep much last night. I finally got up at 5:15 to finish up the laundry. I really only have only more load.

JFT Mon
    - Laundry - Wash/dry/fold
    - Shower
    - Hospital
    - Home
    - Make dinner
    - Hello Tim however I can
    - Put laundry away
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 10:00

• beachwalker99
    Options
    Belated Easter wishes for all who celebrate it! I had a lovely day with family. The weather was perfect! We set up an egg hunt in the backyard for the kids, and it was just so nice to relax outdoors while the little ones tore around the yard looking for their treasures. I took the day off from my usual goals, but I think I made fairly reasonable choices. Now I need to make sure that I don't undo my progress with the leftover goodies.

Recap Saturday 3/30
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy choices - :)
    Science museum with younger grandkids - :)<3:) We had a blast, but boy was I tired!
    Make cheesecake - Got up early Sunday morning to do it
    Last minute prep for Sunday - :) Got most of it done
    Relax - Not really, but I read a few pages before I fell asleep
    Sleep - Fair 6h 41 min, although 20% awake

JFT Monday 4/1
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy choices
    Finish kitchen clean-up
    Grading
    Relax
    Sleep
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sun Mar 30
    1.5L of water - 🥴1.25
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Move 20 Minutes - 🙂
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 197.8

JFT - Mon Apr 1
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Move 20 Minutes
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 198

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    Recap 3/30 Sat.
    1) More leftovers / log all food / do not eat Easter candy ~ few pieces but not bad / 64 oz. water :p
    2) Month end weight & measurements (no time Easter a.m.) / log on MFP :smiley:
    3) Bake & glaze Easter bread (dye 5 raw eggs) ~ get to use proof mode on new oven ~ I love this feature! / assemble trifle / mix green bean casserole minus onions / wash dishes / wash fleece blankets in family room / fill Easter baskets & candy dishes / move plants in dining room / get plates & silverware out / prep tables / get out punch bowl & cups / anything I forgot? swap out towels in powder room :smiley: TA-DA! ready for family on Easter Sunday

JFT 4/1 M ~ I'll start logging food again tomorrow.
    1) Leftovers / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Wash Sunday plates, silver, glasses & punch cups (leave rest for later) / order Kitty dry food at VetStore / usual M garbage chores (hubby does majority) / read / anything else?

Easter Sunday was glorious day! Started with church service and lots of special music, including me singing with choir. Then back home to get dinner cooked (ham, green bean casserole & skinny mashed potatoes) before 5 cars of family arrived from out of town to spend the afternoon. Dinner went over well, and new cookie recipe (glazed lemon cookies) was a hit, as well as red white & blue trifle. We had a wonderful day of visiting & playing games. Baby was fussy (he turns 3 months in 2 days) but still a joy. Our doggo did great with all the people and 2 other dogs (sister's shih tzus). I bagged up candy from all the Easter baskets and handed those out as folks left. We still have some treats at home, but a lot less. I just need to limit my amounts. Only hiccup was one visiting dog piddling on the doormat rug to mark her spot. Oops. At least that was the first carload, before everyone else started to arrive. LOL

5# Challenge (ends May 1):
    SW 184 on 3/18/24
    3/23/24 = 182.5 most likely sodium/water drop plus keeping portions proper
    3/30/24 = 182 working hard to clean house & prep food for Easter dinner, no dog walks for one week due to that & weather
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved at Easter dinner
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March:
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch eclipse
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the sale foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.