JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB: I hope you realize how much you have inspired, not only me, but everyone on this board. We have all been routing for you... you are one very brave and strong lady! I knew you would get through this .. you had the right attitude! And I love your focus": Today I am healthy. Today I choose peace! What a beautiful quote. Love you like a wonderful friend I have never met. So very very proud of you... You rest though dear friend! Take your time and do what you need to do to regain your strength back. Your a fighter .. you've got this beat!!

So Ok ... who wants to join me in a "small" challenge. Since I weigh myself tomorrow (and yikes, I don't want to even see what it says), who wants to join me in just a TWO POUND challenge!! My aim is 2 pounds off... even if it takes me 2 weeks. Hows that for small steps. @Bex .. you in???

Thank you so much, Joan! I love you like a wonderful friend I've not met also. We've been through much through the years supporting each other on here. I know I'll be fighting this disease for the rest of my life now, but Lord willing that will be for many, many more years! Every morning, my Power Thought is "Today, I am healthy. Today, I choose peace." or some form of that. It starts me out on the right foot for the day. It would be very easy for me to go through every day in a state of anxiety and that is just no way to live!

I'm still trying to catch up reading from March 17th to now but I'm definitely in for a challenge! Maybe it's the kick in the hinder I need!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB WONDERFUL news!!! So glad you shared, and I am so happy for you. Ease back in, as you said.

Thank you!!! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I missed your birthday!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it was a wonderful day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    💗 Terri 💗

@PackerFanInGB Delighted to hea the excellent news about your recent scan.

Thank you!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So, my goals today, March 17 (st Patricks day!)
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :) Ha.. logged it, but not good
    2. concentrate on water >:)
    3. concentrate on calories .. keep it at or below 1400 >:) Was over 2000!
    4. do 25 squats :)
    5. go for a walk since I skipped the gym this morning >:)
    6. Do it. Do not give up. Its totally up to me what I want to look and feel like. If I want to continue to feel old and tired, look frumpy in my clothes.. keep doing what I am doing. If I want to fight getting older, stay as limber and strong as I can, wear cute clothes .. I have to change. Its up to me.
    7. What do I want to look like the rest of my life. Overweight, frumpy, unable to do what I love. Or be a "young" 74 year old.. that can still walk, can still garden, can wear beautiful clothes and feel like I look nice, to be energic, to be able to continue to ride my bike, etc etc! Thats what I want.

Gotta run now as hubby has CT scan for his aneurysm. but will read up later.

#6 & #7 are SO TRUE!!!! Add getting and staying healthy in general (disease free) and those are my Why's! :)

I haven't caught up reading posts yet, but I hope your husband's CT scan results were good. I didn't realize he has an aneurysm?! xxoo
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,596 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    💗 Terri 💗

Working on getting back to the middle of my weight range. I’m using weekly mini goal as weight fluctuates from day to day.

3 lbs challenge: (weigh less on 24th March than I did on 17th)
    17/3: 137.8
    24/3: 137,6 (0.2 down 👌🏻)
    25/3: 137.5 (Weigh less on 31st March than I did on the 24th)
    28/3: 136.8 Very happy with that, going into the holiday weekend. I expect some of it may be water weight as the swelling in my knees has gone down considerably.
    31/3: 136.7 it’s been up and down for the last few days. But reasonably happy so far. Back to my pre-Christmas weight, but will go for the last 1lb.
    1/4: 136.5 (Weigh less on 8th than on 1st April)
    💡Yay! That’s more like it!. 😝
    💡Being more mindful on portions, and snacks, Eating just a small portion of my exercise calories.
    💡knees much improved.

NB: Sticking to my Solid Habits, and being mindful of over snacking.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630
    Hope the CT scan results are good.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Your Easter Sunday sounds lovely!

JFT Monday 1st April

THINK before I eat ❌ one small piece of cake eaten mindlessly after sudden stressful chat with neighbour
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌
    No snacking ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

JFT Tuesday 2nd

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

5lb challenge

SW 19/3 182
    CW 2/4 181

One pound in 2 weeks, very slow!

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    5# Challenge
    SW: 189.0
    3/20: 187.0
    3/21: 185.6
    3/27: 187.6
    3/29: 187.0
    3/30: 185.2
    3/31: 184.2
    4/1: 183.2
    4/2: 182.2

JFT Mon
    - Laundry - Wash/dry/fold😀
    - Shower😒
    - Hospital😀
    - Home😀
    - Make dinner😒
    - Help Tim however I can😀
    - Put laundry away😒
    - Log food😀
    - Stay green😀
    - Bed by 10:00 😀

Just got Time antibiotics. Thought they were going to provide a pump and iv bags. Instead I have to push the meds into the port using a syringe over a certain time period. This is not what I thought of be doing, and Tim is not ok with this. He doesn’t do well with injections out blood draws. Said he’d probably pass out while I do this. Not good… definitely second guessing this treatment plan. Infusion center was the other option, but he can’t drive and I can’t miss work every day. I’m scared and my stress level is through The roof.

JFT Tuesday
    - sleep in😀
    - Make breakfast 😀
    - 12:30 tasting for infusions
    - Can’t even think of things I need to do after that.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch So sorry you and Tim are going through this. (((Hugs)))

@more_freggies76 Hope you are on your way to complete recovery!

Recap 4/1 M ~ I'll start logging food again tomorrow.
    1) Leftovers / 64+ oz. water :p And a few less Easter treats left in the house.
    2) Walk dog Nope, very windy & then snow started. Skipped walk but busy in house and >8,000 steps, so I call that a win.
    3) Wash Sunday plates, silver, glasses & punch cups (leave rest for later) / order Kitty dry food at VetStore / usual M garbage chores (hubby does majority) / read / anything else? put plates & silverware away in hutch, put card table & chairs in basement storage (hubby took downstairs for me), digital declutter, talked with work crew burying fiberoptic cable in our backyard (hubby unlocked/relocked gate for them) :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 4/2 T
    1) Figure out supper / LOG all food / limit treats / 64+ oz. water
    2) PT exercises / at least 7,500 steps
    3) Vote in state primary election (research referendum questions first) / financial tasks / wash remaining Easter dinner dishes (punch bowl, pots/pans, coffee mugs) / read / digital declutter / other?

Yesterday, I enjoyed what felt like a lazy day, the first time in several weeks. This morning, I finally felt like getting out to walk dog, but winter weather has already started... rain mixed with snow, to eventually turn to all snow early this afternoon and overnight. Choir rehearsal has already been canceled for this evening. The predicted storm may dump quite a bit of wet, heavy snow by the time it ends tomorrow, up to 12" possible. Glad I don't have to be anywhere in particular. As long as I can get to my massage appt. Thursday morning LOL.

5# Challenge (ends May 1):
    SW 184 on 3/18/24
    3/23/24 = 182.5 most likely sodium/water drop plus keeping portions proper
    3/30/24 = 182 working hard to clean house & prep food for Easter dinner, no dog walks for one week due to that & weather
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch eclipse
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Mon Apr 1
    1.5L of water - 🥴 1.25
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Move 20 Minutes - 👿
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 197.2

JFT - Tues Apr 2
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Move 20 Minutes
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 196.6

@pridesabtch - doesn’t the port stay in so that you aren’t poking him with a needle each time? Is there extramural nurses available near you, through Red Cross or something similar? I hope you both get into a routine quickly to ease your stress.

@cschmitz110515 - I hope you’re not too snowed in. My BF is coming from NB Thursday evening, I see they are calling for a large snowstorm I hope it doesn’t mess with her flight and travel to the airport.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.

• pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT - Mon Apr 1
    1.5L of water - 🥴 1.25
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Move 20 Minutes - 👿
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 197.2

JFT - Tues Apr 2
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Move 20 Minutes
    Weigh for 5# Challenge - 196.6

@pridesabtch - doesn’t the port stay in so that you aren’t poking him with a needle each time? Is there extramural nurses available near you, through Red Cross or something similar? I hope you both get into a routine quickly to ease your stress.

@cschmitz110515 - I hope you’re not too snowed in. My BF is coming from NB Thursday evening, I see they are calling for a large snowstorm I hope it doesn’t mess with her flight and travel to the airport.

The port is in place, I just have to push the solutions in over a 5 minute time period for one and over a 10 minute time period for the other. With saline flushes between and heparin at the end. It wasn’t as bad as I feared. None of the local home health care places will work with out insurance.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    9xu4x59nguf5.jpeg

I’ve had a few for different times in my life.
    Is There Life Out There
    Ballad of Lucy Jordan
    One Day at a Time
    Why me Lord
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Lots of catching up to do .. I think its been a week since I got on here.
    We went to mIchigan over the weekend.. had a great time, but got a super bad cold while we were there. My throat is so sore, and I've used up 2 boxes of kleenex already today. Ache all over.
    So my goals are just to log my food and get back on track. I got way off and weight is up again.. darn. how can this happen so easy!
    But... a new day... a new start.
    About me
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    March 3: 206.2 (Goal was 199)
    March 10: Did not weigh in
    March 17: 207.2 -- not going anywhere!! Starting the 5 pound challenge
    March 24: 205.8 -- did pretty good all week until yesterday. Hoping to get back on track today!!
    March 31: Did not weigh ... Easter sunday, and we were out of town.
    April 7:
    April 14:
    April 21:
    April 28:
    5 pound challenge
    5 pound challenge
    SW: 207
    GW for May 1st end of challenge: 202

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitmen - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Got distracted and forgot to post this earlier. Oh, well, better late than never.

Rainy morning. No classes today, so I turned off the alarm and slept in. My early college high school students are on break this week, so I'm getting a bit of a break too. I got through all the dishes yesterday, but I still have a bit of post-houseguest cleanup to do. I also have a few dozen research papers to get through this week, but we've got rain forecast through Thursday, so my goal is to get them done so I can enjoy the nice weather next weekend.

5 lb challenge:
    SW 3/19: 194.4
    GW 4/30: 189.4
    3/26: 192.6
    4/2: 191.6

Recap Monday 4/1
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy choices - Some
    Finish kitchen clean-up - Almost
    Grading - Not much
    Relax - :)
    Sleep - Good 8h 56min

JFT Tuesday 4/2
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy choices
    Errands
    2 chores
    Grading
    Relax
    Sleep
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    SW: 189.0
    3/20: 187.0
    3/21: 185.6
    3/27: 187.6
    3/29: 187.0
    3/30: 185.2
    3/31: 184.2
    4/1: 183.2
    4/2: 182.2
    4/3: Later

JFT Tuesday
    - sleep in😀
    - Make breakfast 😀
    - 12:30 training for infusions 😀
    - Can’t even think of things I need to do after that.

Infusions weren’t as bad as I thought. Takes about 30 minutes to complete the task and Tim tolerated it well. The lady who did the virtual training was very thorough and patient.

Now I just gotta get back to a normal eating and sleeping schedule. It’s 3:30 and I’m using MFP. Not ideal, and though I’m dropping weight, it’s not been in a healthy manor.

I have a doc appointment this morning, then I’m going to work. I’ll do Tim’s infusions when I get home. He’s promised not to do anything stupid, but sometimes he forgets his 10# lifting limit with his good arm because of the picc line. He figures it out quickly, but I don’t want him to strain. There is plenty of food prepared for breakfast lunch and dinner tomorrow.

JFT Wednesday
    - Go back to sleep
    - Up at 7:00
    - Weigh
    - Shower
    - Doctor
    - Work
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Home
    - Infusions
    - Heat up dinner