I want you to tell me what you do for CARDIO routine!

I wanna hear all the different ways you people are doing your cardio. It seems like everybody who loses weight does a lot of it. Apparently I'm gonna HAVE to do it to move the scale. I'm sure your not just jumping rope and jogging 5 times a week. I wanna know, if you would be so kind, what your cardio routine is? What else do you do besides jog?

Replies

• bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred, Zumba, Country Line Dancing......
  • leslie sansone walk at home, its a mix of cardio/aerobics!!!!!
  • I'm doing the FIRST running program or 3PLUS2, Run 3 days a week, cross train 2 or 3. Works great for me. :-)
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Insanity 25 min high gear three days a week
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Actually, my entire cardio routine consists of running. I bike when I'm injured (hate that).
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Elliptical for 30-60 minutes depending on energy level and how much weight lifting I plan to do.

I walk on the treadmill or go on the recumbent bike for usually 10 minutes also for a cool down.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    HIIT elliptical routines when I'm not doing Insanity.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Jillian Micheal's workouts. It's circut training! cardio and strength training together. I also run - a lot. I'm training for a half marathon. So...yeah, a lot.

Oh! Intervals! Intervals are good workouts too. Basically a timed sprint followed by a timed jog, repeat until exhausted :wink:
  • I'm doing Turbo Fire and LOVING every minute of it! Currently I'm on week 9 of 22.

10012874.png Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Glad I am not the only one who HATES biking. I am doing a new running program where i only run three days & dang it. the two days where i have to cross train on a bike KILL me.
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    I actually do run 5 days a week. I mix the distances...5miles some days...a quicker 3 mile one day....long 7 mile one day. I'll do rare elliptical workout or a long walk or hike sometimes also.
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Power90, Beach Body Mast Series, jogging, eliptical, and a ton of house cleaning!
  • Zumba,eliptical, curcuit training and kickboxing! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    20 minutes of HIIT 3x/week.

Plus the occasional odd run or bike ride, but I try not to overdo it.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    20 minutes on the elliptical, 40 minutes on the treadmill, one hour lifting weights. I've been doing this routine pretty much since I started.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    I just run, the rest of that shizatt is too complicated :P
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Jillian Michaels DVDs, classes at the gym like Zumba, a Swiss Ball class, intervals on treadmill.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Running. I started with C25K, now I'm training for a 10k, then I'll be training for a half marathon. Keep in mind that strength training definitely has it's place, too. I lift heavy twice a week and also do yoga twice a week. And yes, I double some of these activities up.
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    4 minute workout!

20sec of squat thrusts
    10sec of rest
    20sec of mountain climber
    10sec of res
    20sec of knee highs
    10sec of rest
    20sec jumping jack
    10sec of rest

Repeat.

I hate cardio and this is tough but it is quick and replaces a 40-60 min job!
  • P90X and Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire mainly for cardio.