Every. Day.

Options

Replies

• Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi I downloaded Libra and I put in all my stats (that was fun)... could you explain the trending info to me better? I'm a little confused on how to interpret it.

4tlf2c79cguc.png
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,126 Member
    Options
    I just enter my weight (no body fat etc.) so it looks a bit different. This is the list of entries, but there should be a graph as the main screen, no?
  • Lietchi
    edited April 3
    Options
    This is my graph for the last few months:

iu8d4avi4dhf.jpg

You may need to play a bit with the settings, I've set smoothing to 28 days as that's my personal preference (fewer smoothing days = bumpier trendline)

Same period but with 14 day smoothing:

8eifskx0ipy7.jpg
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Thank you! Could you explain what trending weight is?
  • Awegg05
    Options
    3ptl97f22alz.png

My graph with 7 day smoothing, I think? Still trying to figure it out. I'm a dummy with new stuff sometimes lol
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Hm, not sure where you're seeing 'trending weight', but I imagine it's your weight according to the weight trend line (which will be influenced by the number of smoothing days).

Your weight trend really shows you are losing (with some maintenance in February/March, but there are fewer weigh-ins there as well). If your weigh-ins fall below your weight trend line so consistently even with 7 day smoothing, you're losing at speed :smile:
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Lol okay, I messed up the wording. I meant weight trend, not trending weight I guess. Thanks for all the info!!
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Ah, the weight trend is like a running average: more smoothing days means it takes the average over a longer period 🙂
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options

208.9. SW
    206.7. -.2lbs today
    -2.2 lbs Overall

I usually step on the scale daily, and record my weight changes weekly. So, this is probably making me more accountable. I wouldn't stress too much over your small weight gain today, our weight fluctuates daily and you will probably see a decrease in a day or so.

That chart thing you guys are talking about is definitely confusing. Lol.

I was on track for calories yesterday, but I found myself off schedule. I had a late breakfast as I was not able to eat until after my mom's OT left. Then I ended up skipping lunch and ate dinner way too late. I had to make an effort to get all my calories in. I am going to try better today to eat at reasonable times. I feel eating late at night is not great for weight loss, although I did sleep better last night... That could have been because I was tired due to lack of sleep the night before though and not the full belly. :D
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @wewillbskinny I'm so sorry, I thought I replied to you on here yesterday but I don't see my comment!
  • Paudie76
    Paudie76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done, I think you are fabulous with a new baby . I don’t think it’s good to weigh yourself every day as your body - hormones etc fluctuate causing incorrect weight , and I would imagine that would get you down. I weigh in every Wednesday and look forward to seeing what it is. Best of luck and keep going
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Thank you so much @Paudie76 ! I. Do drive myself crazy weighing every day but I can't seem to stop? Lol I did download the app suggested above (Libra) and it's helping me understand the trends a bit better instead of looking at my weight day to day
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,378 Member
    Options
    I was gonna recommend Happy Scale but I am glad the other tracker seems to work for you.

I have found that using a tracker that shows trends is a sanity saver.
    Another way to track your progress is to use your measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn’t budge, or even goes up, but your waist is trimmer. Keep in mind that muscle weighs a lot more than fat. So if you’re increasing your exercise, you may weigh more, but be fitter.

Just fyi.
  • Awegg05
    edited April 4
    Options
    Day 17: 224.8 (-0.8)

Gooood morning! Man, am I beat. My usual 3am wake up time has consistently been before 2am every morning for the past week, for no good reason.
    Yesterday I went to the gym as did my regular Treadmill at my regular pace. My heart rate isn't going up as much as it used to at the pace, so I might bump it up a notch or two. Those Hoka shoes I got are a godsend. Plus I got them with the weather proofing which had been helpful in all this rainy weather! My fiancé took off of work again (recuperating from whatever we all got sick with, AKA man cold). So I left him with the baby and finiahed up painting or dressers and prepping our bedroom for wall painting (can you say ORANGE?!). I've had lots of energy and motivation to be productive. Total turnaround from my mood and energy a month ago. No more craving naps every day and dragging through it miserably. No more eating junk food in effort to give myself an energy boost. I love it. What I don't love as much is my ability to eat all my meals. My appetite has gone way done, for one. The other is just having the time. I was a good girl yesterday and took a break from painting for lunch. For dinner, it got late quick. After dealing with fussy baby, I made my fiancé his burger (he was beyond hangry). Then I look at the clock and its 830. Ain't no way I'm cooking and eating a full meal right now. So I laid down and passed out for the night.

Goals for today: gym, eat ALL MEALS in a timely fashion, pack during the day, paint room when fiancé gets home from work. This move is creeping up on us quick!
  • Awegg05
    edited April 4
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda I looked for happy scale in my play store but couldn't find it! My scale is set up to FitIndex and it shows the info for body fat, muscle mass, body water, protein, bone mass, ect. So I like to check that out and see out of my weight loss, how much is body fat loss and how much is muscle gain. I stupidly didn't measure when I started and for some reason can't convince myself to do it! Good morning :)
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Happyscale is only for iOS, and Libra for Android, if I remember correctly.
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 4
    208.9. SW
    205.8 - .9 lbs today
    - 3.1 lbs Overall

Good morning all!

I had a pretty good day yesterday, but got up early for me, so I was a bit tired yesterday. I also think my body may be adjusting to the reduced calories...

We woke up this morning wondering why our cat was not asking for breakfast and found out she out she had slipped out and spent the night outside. (She is an inside cat). But she is back inside and all is well.

My immediate goal is too loose some weight before our daughters graduation on May 2nd. She is finishing her Nurse Practitioner Degree. 😷 Woohoo! I know I started late, but hopefully I make some headway. I am picking life events to focus on as modivation boosters. Next event after the graduation will be my grandson's birthday at the end of May.

Have a good day everyone!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,378 Member
    Options
    Re: appetite

Smoothies can be handy.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    Haha yeah I definitely overanalyze the day to day fluctuations! I tend to get over it quickly, after thorough investigation and theories 😆 I prefer to do every day, despite the stress, to stay in tune with everything (and because the decreased are definitely motivating!). I will check out those apps and see if that might benefit me. Thanks for the suggestion!

That makes sense to me, to monitor the dailies. It's a good way to understand the fluctuations that our personal bodies play out.

IMO, it's important to realize, though, that Wednesday's weight isn't the product of Tuesday's effort. In one sense, Wednesday's weight is the product of every day of our life before Wednesday. That's maybe a little too philosophical, though. :D

Realistically: Full digestive transit can take 50+ hours. The effects of exercise play out over quite a few hours after the exercise, maybe up to a couple of days. Water weight after a high-sodium or extra-carbs day (or any of the other causes of water retention like increased exercise, illness/injury, etc.) can last for several days . . . in my body, up to a couple of weeks, sometimes.

It might be semi-realistic, at least more so, to think of Wednesday's weigh-in as the product of the preceding week(-ish), more than as the result of the preceding day.

I'd endorse a weight-trending app, too, with the caveat that they're not a crystal ball, either . . . just a statistical analysis that uses arithmetic to guess at the trend behind the fluctuation by using moving averages.

Best wishes!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @AnnPT77 thank you so much for the info. Knowledge is power:)