LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    @chicbuc , @tmbg1 and @Michieb125 (and anyone else who has mentioned herbal teas) - I also love them. Lately I've mostly been enjoying Twining Camomile, Honey and Vanilla. I kinda have to be in the mood for Roobios, but I didn't know it was good for sleep so I may have to start drinking it more often.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Two other teas I like are Passionflower (Tazo) and Hibiscus (from a local tea shop).
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    AF - 8
    A - 0

Well… my AF streak may come to an end tonight.

My mother-in-law passed out in a puddle of her own vomit yesterday morning and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery for acute aortic dissection which was so bad it completely closed up the carotid to the left side of her brain resulting in no blood flow. The surgery was a success, but she’s in very poor health as it is and the cardiac surgeon is pessimistic at best about a full recovery.

My husband does not deal well with things like this, so I have to be on full alert for him. And, my brother-in-law came into town, and he’s just a pain in my butt and thinks he knows everything and is so funny. He’s also someone who thinks the worst of people and assumes the doctors aren’t telling us everything even though they straight up told us that my MIL may not make it.

Past 24 hours have been incredibly trying for me. Husband, BIL, and hubby’s BFF are going out tonight with a couple other of hubby’s friends for a boys’ night that was planned last week before everything happened. So, it’s just me and the kids at home tonight. I’m tired and stressed… frozen pizza and wine could very well be my best friends tonight. 🥴
    Sorry to hear about your MIL's health and surgery, sending out hugs and positive thoughts to you and your family. Stay strong and take care of yourself 🫂
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    AF - 8
    A - 0

Well… my AF streak may come to an end tonight.

My mother-in-law passed out in a puddle of her own vomit yesterday morning and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery for acute aortic dissection which was so bad it completely closed up the carotid to the left side of her brain resulting in no blood flow. The surgery was a success, but she’s in very poor health as it is and the cardiac surgeon is pessimistic at best about a full recovery.

My husband does not deal well with things like this, so I have to be on full alert for him. And, my brother-in-law came into town, and he’s just a pain in my butt and thinks he knows everything and is so funny. He’s also someone who thinks the worst of people and assumes the doctors aren’t telling us everything even though they straight up told us that my MIL may not make it.

Past 24 hours have been incredibly trying for me. Husband, BIL, and hubby’s BFF are going out tonight with a couple other of hubby’s friends for a boys’ night that was planned last week before everything happened. So, it’s just me and the kids at home tonight. I’m tired and stressed… frozen pizza and wine could very well be my best friends tonight. 🥴

So sorry you're going through so much stress. There's still time to decide you don't want to. Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up if you do slip. We all certainly understand and can empathize with the goto stress reliver.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    8 - AF
    1 - LA
    Hoping all my LA folks are having a good night.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    70 days AF. That's the longest I've done in over 5 years.

I've lost 5 pounds since April 1. I'm thrilled to finally see the numbers move. No sugar, no N/A beer, and no processed food has been the game changer. Still being mindful of portions and calories as I tend to overeat cuz I eat fast. LOL. Not a fan of counting calories, but sometimes it helps to make sure I'm still within calorie range.

A bit frustrated even tho I've lost 5 lbs. I can't see any difference, but I know that's just how it is.

Glad to see continued success with everybody. Stay strong everybody.

"Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow."

Your doing amazing!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron what an scary situation for your family. My thoughts are with you.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron Sounds like a little bit of good news for your MIL. Sending positive vibes your way!