A - 2

Correction

AF - 11
    A - 3
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @I_am_motivated you are so kind to share your decision to go AF for the long term, so thank you for your honesty and insights. Especially how you are seeking God’s guidance in this. That is so wonderful! I wish you all the success as you finish up your last class. I completed my Graduate degree at age 62! I believe it is never too late to accomplish big goals!

Why did it not occur to me to ask for God’s help with reducing alcohol???? Duh! I reach out to Him for so many other things!

At any rate, @I_am_motivated i loved your post. So happy to hear you’re turning things around. I can relate to so many things you said.
  • Womona
    Options
    AF = 12
    A = 2

Though I was tempted for an A night, it didn’t happen.

We almost lost MIL today while my husband was visiting her when they were removing her chest tubes. She coded! Fortunately, ”a nurse brigade” and the doctor got her back. Hubby is very traumatized now. No idea if he’ll be able to handle another visit.🙁

Thank God they were able to revive her! That’s scary.

When my parents were ill and dying, my sister could not handle it. At all. She was completely useless so it fell to me to coordinate everything. I get that I lived closer and that she worked full time- I don’t begrudge her that. However, I could have used some support and my parents could have used the visits! So, roundabout way to say that I totally feel your pain!!!! It’s amazing how some people just cannot handle illness. Even if it’s a parent or close relative.
  • Womona
    Options
    Sending strength and big hugs to those of us going through really tough unexpected challenges. My past week has been hellish, recovering from surgery and I will spare the details but I derailed my plans and been drinking wine past few nights this weekend. Why my brain doesn't direct me to do something like yoga or massage or nap instead is beyond me, but it's over it's stress limit and it demands wine. For me, my focus this week is to really do something daily that helps reduce my stress because this behavior is not sustainable or healthy. My weight has stayed the same so far, no loss (it's wine or food, if I want to improve, the wine calories must go).

I feel this so hard. Why don’t our bodies crave broccoli or lean protein in times of stress? Nooooooo, they crave sugar and alcohol. Sorry to hear you had a rough week. You’ll get back on the horse soon!
  • Womona
    edited April 15
    Options
    Hi all, what a weekend! We lost power because the mulch delivery dump truck got caught in the electric line above our driveway, and ripped the whole line down, including a piece of the house!!!!! We spent the weekend getting the power company and a local electrician to get us back up to speed.

So, that meant a lot of restaurant meals out, and my weight is up. Did not go over two drinks on Saturday, so that’s good.

Speaking of good, I like the Decoy Featherweight Sauv. Blanc. It was so nice to enjoy a glass of wine and not feel the effects the same way as a regular glass. I like it better than the Kim Crawford Illuminate, but I never loved the Kim Crawford wines anyway. So, if anyone is looking to cut back on wine, I recommend the Decoy!!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good morning LA friends!
    I started the routine (defined as a sequence of actions regularly followed) of accruing more AF days for this week :smile:
    The extra unplanned wine and snacking are bugging me at this point so this week is about making that mindful u-turn back to better choices.

Accountability post:
    AF - 5
    A - 6
    LA - 3

Goal:
    Limit: 2 glasses
    AF days - 18-20
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @Womona wow, the mulch delivery turned into a host of other issues! Yikes. I would like to try the new light Decoy SB. I do love sipping wine occasionally but also like to cut those calories and A content way down. Sounds like a good LA choice.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    12 - AF
    2 - LA
    1 - A
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    April:
    AF - 7
    A - 7
    No after dinner snacking Challenge:
    SF - 11
    S - 3
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @rocket39 welcome to the chat!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Sending strength and big hugs to those of us going through really tough unexpected challenges. My past week has been hellish, recovering from surgery and I will spare the details but I derailed my plans and been drinking wine past few nights this weekend. Why my brain doesn't direct me to do something like yoga or massage or nap instead is beyond me, but it's over it's stress limit and it demands wine. For me, my focus this week is to really do something daily that helps reduce my stress because this behavior is not sustainable or healthy. My weight has stayed the same so far, no loss (it's wine or food, if I want to improve, the wine calories must go).

Stress is a big trigger for me too. I keep trying to get into meditation, but it's just so much easier to crack open a bottle of wine and just keep pouring. I've been doing a bit of reading on breath work and think I might give that a try. I hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    AF = 12
    A = 2

Though I was tempted for an A night, it didn’t happen.

We almost lost MIL today while my husband was visiting her when they were removing her chest tubes. She coded! Fortunately, ”a nurse brigade” and the doctor got her back. Hubby is very traumatized now. No idea if he’ll be able to handle another visit.🙁

That's such a frightening thing to happen, and I'm sorry you have to be going through this with such little support. Glad to hear you were able to resist temptation, it's not very easy when going through such stressful days.
  • Womona
    Options
    AF tonight! I was thinking of pouring myself a glass of the Decoy Featherweight, but decided to see how I felt after I ate dinner. Good thing I held back because now I’m over my calories, so cannot fit it in!

Truth be told, I’d still love some, but instead I put myself to bed. It’s a good way to wean myself down.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    AF tonight! Reserved a spot at Barre in the morning so want to have full energy for that.

Accountability post:
    AF - 6
    A - 6
    LA - 3

Goal:
    Limit: 2 glasses
    AF days - 18-20
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron sending you strength and hugs. I hope things are getting better.

@Womona hugs to you for your uplifting words, I needed it. You got through the whole drama with the power going down and all & I am glad everything is restored. I'm with you on the restaurant thing. Someone smart should listen to us and add restaurant menus that align to what we need and want, not a crazy amount of sodium and fat calories and of course, they should add the "good" lower-alcohol wines.

Hope to get my stamina back in the next few weeks as I recover and get back into running. Nothing as great as starting the day with a dose of adrenaline and endorphins. That right there is way better than wine.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 you make a good point about stress & I agree we tend to go for what relieves it easily. I am all for lifestyle habits that take a bit of effort but promote low stress and therefore make it easier for us to be successful and happy.

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    AF - 13
    A - 3