WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka - I ordered some socks for plantar fasciitis tonight, they will be here on Thursday.

Tracey in Edmonton

I have a couple pair of the ones with arch supports for running and fencing. And since I was thinking about it, I order a 5-pack of them because I do exercise on my feet with walking, running, fencing, etc. and they do feel more comfortable.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    🐾👣🚶‍♀️🌞😃
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Beth-I agree with you on the kids. My friend works at an elementary school and she said they cannot touch the kids, even to gently guide them in the correct direction (which is sometimes needed with little ones) or even raise their voices at the kids. The kids just run all over the adults. I could not do her job.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Rita-I think it would be fun for you to choose who would be which character based on what you know about us...all in fun of course. :-)

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Just finished a Zoom with my girlfriends. One is in Northern Cyprus. Lots of medical stuff. :p My friend G is taking the first steps towards training to be a support for mothers of young children. Volunteer work. She's done training for things before and not continued with it. The reality is hard.

Nice lunch out with Max, who seemed on pretty good form. He walked down with John and chatted all the way. At lunch we talked mainly about language. Fish and chips great, as always.

It was nice to do something to take my mind off the pain. Bad day. Nothing much seemed to touch it. I'm thinking of ordering a TENS machine. Anyone with experience? You can get wire free ones nowdays.

I also, after years of frustration, ordered a replacement burner for the gas hob. It's the big wok one, which has distorted and throws flames out everywhere. I can, supposedly send it back if it doesn't work, or fit, but it's not Amazon direct, only Marketplace, so may be more bother. I'm just not in the mood for things not working properly.

Pinhead oatmeal for dinner with stewed fruit and yoghurt on the side, plus prunes. My fish portion at lunch was HUGE! No more protein needed.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Thinking of uou , Beth. <3 Big thing you are doing. Plus all the stress with your mother.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Tracey ~ I feel for you working with the students who are not being respectful. I taught 5th grade for 30 yrs and I had some students who were a pleasure but there was almost always a rotten apple who made the day awful. And the rotten apples usually had parents who sided with these kids no matter what.

Beth ~ Prayers that you will get through the cochlea implant safely. And, that your misgivings about the procedure will be unfounded.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ya'll
    Been feeling tired lately ,im not getting a full nights sleep with the crazy cat ,I close the door and put a gate up in front of the door ,but she meows until i get up..
    I love her dearly but sheesh.
    Im going to make a grocery list,and go get a couple 5 gallon water jugs..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Deb--There is no excuse for it hurting like that. I do hope you let them know and he needs to know before he hurts anyone else.
    Carol--Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Beth--Sending prayers that it all works out so you can go ahead with your cochlear sugery.
    Heather--I have a tens unit and when my back is hurting I wear it for several hours and it does help.
    Tracey--Kids now days scare me. They can be so mean and the parents just look the other way. But there always seems to be one that wants to learn and is a joy to have around.
    Blessings,Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3