Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Got in 5 (at 09"23).
    So far so good with new shoes 🤞🏽🙏🏽
    @shanaber I do wear orthotic insoles. It's more of a flat feet arch issue. According to chiropodist - unrelated to gel foam padding in running shoes
    vxdio4zjp12c.jpg
    ^to push up arch.
    @7lenny7 amazing! What an achievement! Shame the food wasn't on point. Yeah - cold BbQ. Bleurgh.

SpeAking of...
    @Laurz9191 what was your pig out meal post marathon?

Speaking of marathons...
    If I get a selfie of @TheMrWobbly as he runs past -does that count as a meet-up? And do I draw level with @quilteryoyo with 2 face-to-face meetups? Lol

Speaking of meet ups...
    Welcome back @eleanorhawkins . Hope the funeral goes well (as well as these things can go!). Shame it's such a short trip and we couldn't get dates to align!

Finally...
    @ContraryMaryMary great excuse for steaks, Big macs and pints of Guinness lol
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Oh wow @7lenny7 what a race report!! I still don't know how you managed to do 100 miles in 31 hours. It's just mindboggling. And who knew there was a character limit on this site? ;)
    And 100% agree that tree looks like a skunk, even without sleep deprivation!!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA I just read @quilteryoyo ’s post. I agree a selfie could be helpful and “proof” of your “meeting” IRL, so maybe run with him a few meters to get a selfie in. What mile did you say you are at? Somewhere in the first half if I remember correctly?
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 thanks for sharing your amazing experience!! You should be on cloud nine…
    And I agree with @kgirlhart, you look great in your post run photos - hard to believe you were at it for nearly 31 hours and still looked that good. Congrats again!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Why are so few women here interested in longer distance athletic competitions like I am? I really don’t have an answer to this question, but it has been on my mind since I first saw the numbers.

Interesting question. An element might be cultural. Someone back me up here, but I think in the US over the last decade many of the larger runs are majority women.

That doesn't necessarily address your point. In Ultras, Century rides, longer events, perhaps they are still out of wack in gender-balance here too.