AF - 10
    A - 7
    No after dinner snacking Challenge:
    SF - 13
    S - 4
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My visit with the cardiologist consisted of him looking at my EKG and him saying he didn't think it was anything but aging. I will be having a stress test but not until the end of June. At first I was thinking, "well this is good news", but now I am wondering if he should have done more. I guess I am paranoid. Anyway he said keep with the no alcohol and cut my caffeine consumption. And eat a heart healthy diet, which I have been doing anyway.

Good news from the visit. I get the concern though, it often feels as if doctors are just rushing you along to see the next patient. Did he describe a heart healthy diet or have you just been researching on your own?
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    AF = 12
    A = 5

Drinking the last 2 glasses from the bottle I bought yesterday. Visited MIL this evening with hubby. She’s doing good, but she was in a bad mood. She is behaving like a 10 year old, and the doctor said it is usual after this procedure for them to act childish for a few weeks afterwards. She better turn it around or she’s grounded!! 🥴

Glad to hear your MIL is coming along. I guess a bad mood is to be expected from anyone in the hospital, but "a few weeks" seems extreme! I hope she cheers up soon.
    You're really crushing it with the moderation - keep up the great attitude!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn thinking of you and that diet tonic with lemon sounds delicious. To follow up, I was wondering if your DH’s test with the gastroenterologist turned out alright.

@SparkSpringtime69 great job on staying AF! I also choose AF Stella 0.0 as my preferred non-alcoholic beer. It is so refreshing and tastes like the real deal.

@rocket39 Welcome! Many of us can relate and this LA group exists to support each other!

@xbowhunter glad you survived your bachelor party!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    14 - AF
    3 - LA
    1 - A
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Got in 12,000 steps yesterday after my morning volunteer work. Then, went to my annual well woman appointment and they took my weight and BP upon arrival. Down 10 lbs from my previous visit in 2023 and BP reading was 117/72. I am positive that LA on a continuum of over 14 months is contributing to my personal health goals. I’m not on any medications (yet) - grateful for good genes. I do LA for better energy, weight loss, and to avoid potential diseases as I get older.

Great news and congrats to you because you made this happen! I totally believe the fact you prioritized yourself and your goals resulted in these good results. I look up to you, since I aim to do the same, I too do LA for better energy, weight loss, and avoiding disease (and surgery). Best quality of life is what it's about.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @globalhiker we have been here awhile together, and I appreciate you! Very similar goals indeed! I am sure you would agree, the journey is not a linear straight line at all, but with ups and downs and u turns, but ultimately things can change or improve over time if we keep aiming for our goals.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    edited April 19
    Options

Morning my LA friends. :)

A - 10
    AF - 8
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    April:
    AF - 10
    A - 8
    SF - 13
    S - 5
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    AF = 13
    A = 5

Not sure if I’ll have a drink tonight. It depends on if I stop at the store on the way home from the hospital.

@SparkSpringtime69 I think it’s excessive too, but she’ll be in the hospital long enough to turn around.
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    AF = 13
    A = 6

Drank 2-1/2 glasses last night before hubby finished his movie and declared it bedtime.

The past few times I’ve had wine at night, I didn’t feel so well in the morning… light-headed verging on dizzy and stomach pains/nausea. I’m not drinking enough to be beyond tipsy, and I never get a hangover after that little. So, it is getting easier to go without to avoid that feeling in the morning.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    14 - AF
    3 - LA
    2 - A
    Planned A night - kept it under control with 3 drinks over the course of the evening then called it a night
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    April:
    AF - 10
    A - 9
    SF - 14
    S - 5
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Finished the Decoy Featherweight low A wine last night. Very full Sav Blanc flavor for a light wine.
    Am a few days behind my total AF days for April. I did start tracking exact servings in my calendar (diary style) on A days and am doing a satisfactory job here. Tonight, back to flavored sparkling waters and tea.

Practice and effort over perfection they say! I know every day is a new beginning.
    May you be kind to yourselves this weekend my LA friends.