What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wednesday was climbing. I was pretty good (by my standards).

On Thursday, I lifted, doing bench, deadlift, hangboard and loads of pull-ups(probably around 100 across sets. Some were weighted, some used band assistance to practice one armers.)

Today, I went diving. We aimed for10 a.m. ropes off. But the boat was broken, so it was actually more like 11.30 when we headed out. It was 7 p.m when we got back. Condition were nice.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Boat polishing.

Now I'm going to see if I can figure out the right mounting position for the cleats on my new bike shoes, so maybe also a pedal.

wra2rh3slii4.jpg
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    As usual, I walked my dog (she's a lab and almost 12 years old; even though it was still chilly here, she seemed to be making a big effort on our two short walks). Anyway, that's another story.

Got to the gym this evening for 13 min. of elliptical; 15 or 20 min. on the bike; 15 min. freeweights--(various arm exercises and sit-ups), and 15 min. of deep stretching. And guess what: my left leg muscles that have been bothering me for months did not hurt after I finished. This is progress!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    As usual, I walked my dog (she's a lab and almost 12 years old; even though it was still chilly here, she seemed to be making a big effort on our two short walks). Anyway, that's another story.

Got to the gym this evening for 13 min. of elliptical; 15 or 20 min. on the bike; 15 min. freeweights--(various arm exercises and sit-ups), and 15 min. of deep stretching. And guess what: my left leg muscles that have been bothering me for months did not hurt after I finished. This is progress!

Good news, @DiscusTank5: Progress, indeed!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    All I did today was spend around 2.5 hours at the rowing club working on our boathouse Spring clean-up day: Shoveling the last of the limestone fines; helping carry some quads (4-rower rowing shells around 30 feet (9 m) long) out of the boathouse so we could wash them and go over them for repair needs then take them back in; and a few other miscellaneous chores.

We picked a chilly day, amidst a lot of extremely varied weather lately. This week, we've had everything from balmy to tornado to today, when it actually snowed for a bit. :D

Then I ate almost exclusively silly (but tasty) foods for the rest of the day. The rowing club clean-up had a snacky potluck: For one, someone made the best homemade-from-scratch cinnamon rolls! :yum: Then some of us went to the brewpub for pizza and beer.

Rest day tomorrow.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Heavy clean pulls, loads of tekkers on push jerk, heavy front squats, clean complexes and hanging ab stuff. And about 4 hours physical gardening 😀
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,354 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Cooldown phase while my husband watches golf. I got in a total of 5 miles today. At least half at over 3.4 mets, with about 8 minutes at 9 on the RPE scale.

Edit: I was still peddling when I posted this and went over 5 miles. I’m at 5.45 as I type and have decided to quit at 6 miles.

Yes I keep Christmas lights up all year. They’re LED so they don’t draw much energy. And I really like them. 😁
    s6tb2cy103ku.jpeg
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Upper One

Bench Press 10x3x64% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skullcrusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Switching up my heavy days for the next few months, trying out a new protocol I found online for increasing bench 1RM via higher volume at lower, but increasing, weights. Starts with 10 triples at 65% of 1RM, add 5# each week, if you fail to complete a triple one week then that set is left off the next week, so over time as the weights go up the number of sets will slowly whittle down until you're left at a single set, at which point you recalculate your 1RM and should have seen an increase. We'll see, but by swapping my 5-rep sets for 10-rep sets everywhere else, it'll give my joints a bit of a break for the next few months, even if I stick with the same exercises as before.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Sunday was another five. It was nice; a drift for 45 minutes at 22 minutes with about 5vmetres visibility. Here is me waiting for divers in the other wave.

4qjoob274tcl.jpg

Today was climbing, 3 hours. I spent my time projecting a v5 which is close to going.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Another short bike ride on a nice day (sunny, low 60s F/16 C), and extra slow, no excuse or reason for the shortness this time. I felt fatigued on the ride out, but it may just be that I didn't register the extent of wind. On the ride back, you'd think I'd be more fatigued, but I seemed to be going a gear or two harder and a mph or so faster. :D About 15.75 miles, but averaged only 8.8mph moving speed ( :grimace: ). Almost half Z1 :D:grimace: .

• DiscusTank5
    Options
    Got in a 10 min walk this morning, then had hand-foot syndrome rear its ugly head in the form of redness, heat, and pain on the bottoms of my feet--thanks, chemo pills. Dragged myself to the gym tonight because my 15 yr old and I had an appt. with a personal trainer. It went well: 10 min. of rowing and NO foot pain, then various free weight sets and some of the machines, even wall sitting (!). I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Legs: Adductor and abductor machines, leg press machine.

Upper body: Lat pulldown machine, chest press machine and shoulder press machine

Ab machine

Various weights, I do 3x10 on all exercises.

30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0mph
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower One

Rack Pull 4x10
    BB Hip Thrust 4x10
    One-Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Swapping from 5x5 to 4x10 creates an entirely different sort of tired/sore. First time in a long time I felt like crawling towards the locker room after leg day.
  • JeanGenie12
    JeanGenie12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’ve had Covid this week so nothing has been happening. Tested myself today with a slow hike up the hills. About a 5 mile round trip. Kept the heart rate low. Sooooo good to get some exercise again! Will be back to the gym on the weekend all going well
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Back to stationary bike, 60'+3'. It was a little chilly to ride outside today, but mainly I couldn't fit it in. The indoor biking didn't start until 10PM. :grimace: I kept it super low power (80W), hoping not to get amped up that close to bedtime, not that I go to bed early. :D

Heart rate kept bouncing around, so despite staying low power and quite consistent in RPM and power, I edged up to and even into Z3 a bit. I don't know why. Stress? I think I might've mentioned that I crashed my car (no one hurt) and my 2009 car was totaled. Today was round 1 of car dealer visits. I dunno about you, but I find that stressful.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Stress? I think I might've mentioned that I crashed my car (no one hurt) and my 2009 car was totaled. Today was round 1 of car dealer visits. I dunno about you, but I find that stressful.

Definitely stressful. Hope tomorrow is a better day!
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Walked my dog, then later walked across campus to the gym and back, so that's 30 min. right there. At the gym, rowed for 12 min., then did two x12 sets of reverse crunches, some planks and V sits. And then stretching. Helped set up the church rummage sale tonight for almost 2 hours--not exercise but on my feet the whole time, and they are killing me. !@#$ chemo pills.
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Roller-skating with my best pals! We were there for 2 hours. It's always a really good cardio workout for me.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Full Body

Squat 5x10
    Bench 4x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Seated BB OHP 3x10 <<superset>> BB Curl 3x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25
  • JoshRuns
    JoshRuns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5k run in 33 minutes with negative splits!